“Room with a view”

Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel
Ranked #41 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 19 June 2014

visited this hotel with friends for the first time.a good location with a view of the Mersey for some.not cheap but you get what you pay for.rooms clean as one would expect beds very comfy and big!we pre booked brekfast which we found very good.buffet service everything freshly cooked could not fault!excellent service provided by attentative waitress plenty of top up tea and coffee.would def visit here again!

Room Tip: the higher the floor the better the view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Nikki P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Val B

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay at the Atlantic Tower, along with the big comfy beds and good buffet breakfast. The team do work hard to make sure the hotel is clean and service is great and will be very pleased to hear your kind words of recognition. Our location is ideal for the view and exploring the city with friends. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The ladies on the front desk were great, I will say that up front. The location, for me, was a mistake as I should have been nearer the convention center. Not their fault mind you. The taxi fare is $4.00 with tip if you are going there. Taxis were plentiful so no problem getting one. Everything was a bit of a walk and if the weather is nice then great, it it's not, then look out. The breakfast was lovely and came with the room so a definite benefit. I felt the room was very average for the price but there was free wifi. I was unable to sleep on the pillows and that made for a tiring week. As I was working, this was important to me. All in all, I wasn't wowed, it was just ok for me. I wouldn't go back. My other conference attendees showed me where they were staying and what amenities they had so I know there are better choices out there.

Room Tip: One facing the water I guess?
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Aukgalgg

Dear Aukgalgg,

Thank for your feedback on Tripadvisor and I am sorry, you didn’t feel we were the right hotel for your needs. However I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and found the Front of House staff great. We do have a variety of pillow types in the rooms, to meet preferences for firm or soft pillows and we are always happy to provide more if necessary, we do appreciate the importance of a good night sleep.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Entering the lobby you're overcome by the stench of cheap air freshener. The area looks dated with featureless furniture and fittings.
Check-in is cold and little to no conversation. Had to ask about hotel amenities myself.
Our room was on the 5th floor. Bloody hell it is a small room with 2 single beds and a cramped bathroom. Only good point was the nice view of the Malmaison Hotel across the road!
Ate in the bar one eve. Had "Tiger Prawn Terriaki". Absolutely dreadful dish, tasteless overcooked cheap product. Was searching for Rennies after it.
Was glad to check out. Will not reuse this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank TheTippTwins
Nikki P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear TheTippTwins,
I am really concerned to hear about your disappointing stay. I am unsure if you spoke to anyone at the hotel at the time to address your issues, however please do not hesitate to contact me at jonathan.marsden@thistle.co.uk as I would be keen to discuss your experience further.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Have just stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights, chosen for its location. We had a room with a fantastic view of the Liver Building and the Mersey - so much to watch that when we were in the room we could barely take our eyes away from the windows! Perfectly situated for getting around the city. The staff were without exception friendly and helpful - really great - but this seems to be the case with most Liverpudlians. The room was clean and the beds very comfortable. The air con was quiet. The only breakfast we had at the hotel was adequate with fresh fruit available. The hotel was happy to hold on to our bags after check-out so we didn't have to lug them round the city for the day - a real bonus. Our only niggle was that the house-keeping staff seemed very stretched. Yes, the hotel was busy but the management should be able to organise for that. At check-in time no double rooms with a view had been cleaned and we accepted a twin. The next day the coffee sachets and tissues had not been refreshed and we had to ask for the coffee. That said we would very definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view on a high floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kay B
Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased you enjoyed the stunning views and found the rooms clean and comfortable. As one of the largest bedroom hotels in the city we have many international travellers on different time zones and we try to accommodate all guest needs as much as possible. I am sorry you had to wait for your room preference and that some items had not been replenished, corrective training is being carried out.
On a positive note I am delighted to hear you found all the team friendly and helpful your kind comments will be shared with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We arrived late afternoon check in for 8 of us was very easy and quick. We were checking in and given keys within no time at all
We were not all on the same floor as we had booked 2 triple and 1 twin room but this was not a major problem as It was only so we could get ready for a night out.
Location is good, view of the dock is nice. Walking distance of LIverpool1 and the main attractions - Mathew Street, The Cavern etc

Room was clean and comfortable, no problems at all. We had an iron and hair dryer. Plenty of towels and shower gel etc
We were on the sixth floor with a view of the church and dock, the rest of our party were located on 11th floor with same view

Bells from the church did start chiming at 8.45 on Sunday morning and we realised why ear plugs were supplied but it just got us all up to go for a nice buffet breakfast!

Check out was as quick as check in and they kept our bags for us until we had to go and get the train mid afternoon, taxi was called and only cost us £4 to Lime Street Station

Also a bonus that we did not have to pay until we arrived!

Room Tip: Front of the building
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear HolidayAddict0506

I am delighted you all enjoyed your stay at the Atlantic Tower and that you had an efficient check in. Our bedrooms do have some great views and I am pleased you found the facilities clean and comfortable and to your liking.
Our location is great for exploring the city and we are always happy to store guest’s bags so they can make the most of their visit. Thank you very much for your 5* review much appreciated.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel has an interesting architectural style from the outside and is one of Liverpool's older four star providers. It's in a great location, it's clean and functional and staff are friendly but it is so claustrophobic due to the silly room design. I felt like I was in a ship but not in a good way- more like steerage than first class. It's a shame because it is quite a pleasant hotel otherwise. Difficult for it to compete as a four star given the competition and superior rooms of rival establishments but staff do their best.

Room Tip: Beware the bells of the nearby church if staying on a Saturday night. Try to stay on the north side.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhilofEnglandLondon
Nikki P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear PhilofEnglandLon…

The Atlantic Tower has just celebrated her 41st birthday and I believe our hotel was the first building in the UK to be built from the top floor downwards. Our unusual shape does leave us with some smaller bedrooms but at least guests don’t have lengthy corridors to walk down to get to bed; plus the views are amazing. Our fast, free, unlimited Wi-Fi is far superior to our competitors and I know I am biased but I do think we have the best staff too. However all comments are welcome so thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great standard hotel in the heart of Liverpool, very good location close to docks, train station and easy access to taxis for football reasons., Ideally located for shopping and nightlife. The quality of staff from the moment we arrived was second to none, very clean and well presented hotel and food was excellent, would I stay there again I ALREADY HAVE. keep up the good standards Thistle

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Clonmel, Ireland

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback on Tripadvisor. We share all our comments with the team and it is always rewarding for them to hear such great praise. I agree our location is convenient and I am flattered that with so much choice in the city you choose to stay loyal to Thistle, it is certainly appreciated.