The Thistle Atlantic offers a pleasant experience throughout. The exterior, although not the cleanest around, is shaped in true nautical fashion befitting a riverside hotel. The interior is very clean and inviting although the low ceilings in the corridors make it very hot. The bedroom (719), had air conditioning and had a fantastic view down the Mersey during the day, and at night when the Wirral is all lit up. The bedroom was fairly small, especially the bathroom however, it was adequate for a night or two. The bar on the second floor is very welcoming, and offers an outside balcony where you can enjoy the cool air, cool beer, and a cool view of the Mersey again. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. My only ground for complaint was in the restaurant. The breakfast, as with most hotels these days is buffet. The selection is good and the food is changed regularly to avoid it sitting too long. The downside is that there is a priced menu where there is no mention of this being a supplement. Sometimes, you pay a supplement for kippers or haddock etc, although recent stays at Radisson Blu and Mercure show that they do not charge a supplement. Not at the Thistle though. They charge a supplement for boiled eggs, omelettes, kipper, eggs benedict, and many more. Depending on your package, this could mean that you are paying up to £18.95 for a boiled egg. This, Thistle Hotel, is a rip off. When I queried this with the manager of the restaurant, he suggested that it is based on "southern" prices and practices. He did offer me an omelette free of charge, when I really wanted kippers. Does this put me off the hotel? Well, when I return to Liverpool, I'll check other hotels first. Shame really, because it has a lot going for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of the River Mersey, The Mercure Atlantic Tower Hotel, is the ideal place to discover the great city of Liverpool. Overlooking the Royal Liver Building and the Dock Front - a UNESCO World Heritage Site - The Atlantic Tower Hotel is a welcoming, contemporary hotel in the heart of Liverpool, within walking distance to the Beatles Story museum, Tate Liverpool and many other attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Stayforlong S.L., Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Tower, Liverpool Hotel Liverpool
- Atlantic Hotel By Thistle Liverpool
- Thistle Hotel Liverpool
- Thistle Liverpool