“ideal location”

Liverpool Marriott Hotel City Centre
Ranked #42 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed for one night at weekend
Reception staffed by locals as was concierge ...added benefit !
Quick check in
5 the floor double room
Tea coffee facilities ( no bottles of water )
Hairdryer iron out of order trouser press
Good cleanliness
Nice seating area and was surprisingly quiet for central location
Good bathroom with deep bath and shower great hot water .
Good toiletries
Use of pool and hymn which I didn't check out
Added benefit of 12 pm check out on a Sunday
Can not review breakfast as didn't book it ...it was 15 pph.
Bar was simple and nice .
Great location in middle of shopping district train station opposite and 15 min stroll to docks

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Liverpool Marriott Hotel City Centre

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

On arrival after stressful day. Staff were lovely on desk. Looked after us. Hotel room was fantastic the view was amazing of the Liverpool sky line. Beds most comfy as usual with a marriott.
Immaculate, food delicious. All breakfast staff lovely too.
5 star from us. Can't wait to come back!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
mathew f, Director of Operations at Liverpool Marriott Hotel City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Mysteryshopper2013

Thank you for posting your review of the service you recieved while staying with us at the Liverpool Marriott Hotel City Centre.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and you were able to appreciate the city. We do pride ourselves on the service we offer and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel so you can see even more of what Liverpool has to offer.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your positive comments.

Mathew

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The hotel is fine and good location, but I cannot understand why they are charging £15 per day or £6 per hour for wifi access. Am staying for work and this makes it absolutely impossible. This is ridiculously out of date of them. Would certainly not recommend this hotel if you are on a work visit, or even if you just use the internet in general.

• Stayed: March 2014
mathew f, Director of Operations at Liverpool Marriott Hotel City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Sjham81,

Thank you for reviewing our say with us at the Liverpool Marriot Hotel City Centre and your comments regarding the price of our internet.

I appreciate that we do charge for our 100% secure internet in our rooms and is an area for us to look into. In the mean time I am pleased to advise we do offer complimentary wireless internet in our public spaces and also in our bedrooms to our Elite Marriott Rewards Members.

I do welcome your comments and hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

we stayed here recently and spent a lot thinking it would all be worth it,,,no it wasn't it was not a good stay ,,the car park next to the hotel is to all intents and purposes part of the hotel,,that is till you complain about it then the management of the hotel do a king herrod and wash there hands of it,,,its expensive and not discounted at all,,,wi-fi,,,very expensive £14 a night!!! its £3 in the premiere inn chain and free in the Adelphi and the adagio apartments,,the rooms are big and good fair play but in ours the trouser press fell apart ,,the shower was not fixed right in the bathroom and kept moving when we were showering,, and the tv is so fiddly trying to get a menu up on it would tact any sil.icon valley it expert,,and to top it up I found a open condom on the floor of the bathroom,,when I complained in an email to the hotel the management passed me from pillar tpo post but basically just apologised end of,,,nothing offered off next stay just a weak sorry,,,in all fairness this was our stay not yours but I personally shudder every time I pass it in Liverpool now,,its ashame as I wanted only the best for my wife that weekend they totally ruined it,,,,,im willing to let the management contact me or confront me about my review I have nothing to hide

Room Tip: try the adagio or the Adelphi cheaper and better
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Having stayed at the Marriott Hotel Liverpool on a regular basis (4 times per year) over the past 6 years I can honestly say that it is a very well run hotel. Service from the staff is excellent, very friendly and professional - no request is too much trouble.

Location of the hotel is perfect for those who want to take advantage of Liverpool city centre. Liverpool ONE and Church Street are within walking distance. Liverpool nightlife is within walking distance and the main football stadiums are a bus ride (Queens Square bus station is outside the hotel), train ride (Lime St is within 5 mins walking distance) or cab ride (5 mins, fare is approx £5) away.

Pool facilities are reasonable but the gym is very "compact". Breakfast is served each morning in Oliviers restaurant and a decent selection is on offer, from cereals and fruit to sausage, bacon and eggs. The staff in the restaurant are extremely helpful.

My only negative comment about the hotel is that some of the rooms are starting to look a little dated (hotel was built in the late 1990s). However, from talking with the hotel manager it seems that there is a modernisation programme planned for the hotel which will be phased to take place over the coming months and years. In the meantime we look forward to our next visit to the Liverpool region and staying in the Marriott Hotel Liverpool.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Genuinely the friendliest staff I've ever come across in a hotel. Plenty of them, and all chatty and just so friendly.

I'm not a great chatter, but they just get it right. No fake smiles and inane hotel niceties, real pleasant chat.

Room was spacious and bed comfortable.
Gym and pool clean, well equipped and again attentive staff that want you to get the best out of your visit.

Breakfast again had happy faces and you are well looked after. The hot buffet breakfast items were the standard only just acceptable in most hotels.

Concierge also had extra touches after offering to look after my bags when checking out, he also asked if he could arrange any transport to my meeting. Nice touch.

Location is spot on too. Over the road from Lime Street Station, and in the right place for bars and restaurants.

Everyone seems to have time for you here, plenty of staff and no plastic smiles in sight.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JamieRobbins
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The location is good.

The bar area is more like a Travel lodge, the breakfast was just average, a souless hotel. It's just not worth the money, it needs a total refit, very dated.

The sauna and pool area was just grotty and unclean.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ralph R
Neil S, Manager at Liverpool Marriott Hotel City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest and Reviewer,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay here at the Liverpool Marriott hotel city centre. I am sorry to read you experienced challenges while staying with us. I can assure you that every effort goes into ensuring all our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your feedback regarding the bar area and standard of the leisure facilities, we will know follow this up to ensure it is rectified.

You are always valued when staying with the Liverpool Marriott hotel city centre, I do hope to restore your faith in our hotel and would welcome your further feedback, please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance and I will do all I can to assist.

Neil Sinnott