Liverpool Marriott Hotel City Centre
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$208
US$194
Novotel
US$194
US$151
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$203
US$172
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
The Liner Hotel(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$172
US$140
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The Richmond, BW Premier Collection(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$124
Travelocity
US$146
US$140
Hotels.com
1,532 results
All reviewsegg chefegg stationcity centreleisure facilitiessauna and steam roomlime street stationtrain stationper daytwo double bedspublic areascar parkexecutive roomthe penthousebreakfast was excellentfew minutes walkweekend breakideal location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Good position 5 minutes from railway station. Very warm and helpful welcome. Arrived early, but receptionist found a room which was ready. Good value breakfast with omelettes cooked to order. Clean and pleasant pool area with long opening times.
We had asked for a room at the back with a view of St George's Hall, and this proved very quiet and comfortable, bit of maintenance needed. Overall a good value stay and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooom at the back had a good view and was quiet
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed here just over a week ago with partner, we decided to book a Sunday nights stay following some shopping and drinks and also to go back to after drinks and meal in the evening. First of all check in was great staff are lovely and really welcoming also I would like to mention that my request for a higher floor room was taken on board which I think is one of the very few times this has happened in a hotel when I've made a request so points for this! The hotel is lovely and clean and well maintained the room was really nice, comfy bed, great bathroom with plenty of hot water and good water pressure. TV had a good number of decent channels and room included iron and ironing board as well as trouser press. The room are also well sound proofed which is excellent as we could here a noisy family in their room when in the corridor but once in our room did not hear a thing which also meant we were not worried about making to much noise or having the TV on too loud. Room also had a good view of town and the skyline. The only issue with the room we had was it was very warm and the aircon did not seem to work so after our night out I mentioned it to the guy on the desk he was really nice and in about 5 minutes he was up at our room with a tower fan for us which really helped. I do think it would be better for all hotels to provide these, we use these at home during the summer months and they are really effective!

The hotel also has a fitness suite, pool, loungers, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room we used everything part from the fitness suite (although I probably should have) and it was so nice and relaxing you wouldn't think you were in the middle of town it was so quiet there weren't many people using these facilities at the time so it was very relaxing and everything was clean and well maintained.

The small hotel bar is nice, on this particular day there was a big footie match on and the TV in the bar was all sport, because the bar is so small it would make sense if there was somewhere else to go like a lounge or another bar, there really isn't anywhere else to go in the hotel as the restaurant is only open for breakfast. I did find this strange for such a hotel as you could only get a meal or snack at the bar and there wasn't exactly a great choice also I have to say they don't provide a very good cocktail list even when asking the barmaid if they did cocktails and she pointed to their menu it was obvious that she knew we were not going to be very impressed which we were not and ordered two bottles of beer instead to go with our cheese and ham sandwiches this came to £24 which for what we got wasn't worth the price there was nothing special about the sandwich or the few vegetable crisp and coleslaw that came with it, I could make it at home for under a pound each!

Free wifi is provided in the public areas but if you want to connect in your room it is £6 an hour or £15 for the day. I am well aware other hotels do charge this but there are many hotels and small B&Bs were wifi is complementary and as much as I recommend this hotel I have to say the wifi is a rip off, come on it is 2014 wifi is not a luxury it is a basic, to be charging is just being greedy. I have stayed in cheaper hotels were it has been complimentary and these hotels provide the same services as this hotel if not more.

Following a great nights sleep we received our breakfast which we had ordered the night before to be delivered as room service. Breakfast is really really nice and coffee is good and good quality. What is so good is the different choices to choose from most hotels will either allow you to order continental on its own or including a cooked breakfast and that's it, but at the Marriott you can get either one on its own, choose a healthier option or choose from the al la carte menu such as omelettes or smoked salmon! When ordering the cooked brekkie you even get a wide choice of eggs from poached eggs to boiled eggs and the boiled eggs can be chosen as either soft, medium, or hard all these little things really do make a difference. This is really good and the choice is fantastic much better than the bar or room service menu which are very limited.

The few little negatives I have mentioned is what has stopped me from giving this hotel an excellent. The lack of restaurant and a larger bar/lounge area for guest lets it down as does the menu for meals, cocktails and snacks, for this type of hotel I found this strange! Another small issue we had and again I found very very strange was the fact just before we received our breakfast I got a call in our room from a really nice lady who explained we would have to pay for this by cash when it arrived. This has never happened before and yes I did book a room only super saver deal and added the breakfast after check in but this has never happened in other hotels we have stayed in and the majority of the time this is the kind of deal I book when booking hotels I don't know what would have happened if I didn't have the cash as generally I only carry a small amount as I prefer to pay by card luckily this time I had money left over from my birthday the previous month. Me and my partner did find this quite strange! So I would recommend you have cash on you if you stay here!

The staff are really great and they really make this hotel, so pleasant and welcoming!

I would recommend this hotel and hope to stay again.

Room Tip: Higher up for better view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We were in Liverpool for a pre Easter midweek short break. As normal Marriott were comfortable and friendly. We were a little disappointed that the restaurant was not open in the evenings for dinner and food was only served in the bar, although there were many choices for dinner in the city. Another thing was at breakfast the hot water for the tea was not hot enough to brew the tea, otherwise a very enjoyable stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I arrived too early for a room and the concierge stored my bag. I was impressed it was already in my room when I checked in later. Very good reception staff. Lovely room, comfy bed with especially good linens. Good soundproofing. Bathroom very good with very good toiletries and towels. Enjoyed the pool and spa very much.
Drinks rather expensive but it is a city centre hotel.. Didn't eat here. For me location was ideal as close to the station but also right in the main area. Think this one is the best for me in Liverpool.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Just returned from my 4th recreational visit to Liverpool. I live in San Diego, and am a soccer (football) fanatic, so to me, this city (Anfield) is a shrine. The people of Liverpool are wonderful, warm and welcoming, with great senses of humor -- if you can understand the scouse accent. On each occasion I have stayed at the Marriott. The hotel is typical Marriott and is perfectly located. However, the most important thing is the people who work there...They cannot be more hospitable and willing to help; I just love them. So, bottom line -- if you are travelling to Liverpool, this is a great place to be based. By the way, there may be more luxurious hotels in Liverpool (which I doubt, because its not that type of city), but even if there are, the staff and their friendliness trumps everything else that another hotel might have.

Room Tip: Overlook Queen Anne Square
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends