“Was Perfect for US!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #61 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Mosta, Malta
“Was Perfect for US!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed at the Campanile last October for 5 nights, we had a good room with a great view of the docks and sea. Room was comfortable and clean and found help from the staff when needed, it might not feel like a hotel sometimes but it did a great job for us, there was no lifts but it wasn't much of a hassle for us but a bit tiring when bags were full.

Would still stay here again, hotel's food when we ate at the restaurant wasn't that good and was a bit forced and expensive.

Room Tip: Try to get a good view of the sea
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brian-Mixa
Laurence W, General Manager at Campanile Liverpool, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay with us here at Campanile Liverpool. I'm glad we could cater for all your requirements.

Kind regards,
L.Whittle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Jersey, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed at a weekend over Christmas.

Rooms very very tired, looked like they had not been refurbished since the hotels construction.

Room very expensive but what we got was more like a motel.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

upon arrival i was greeted by a man in reception who was very polite and friendly , as i then walked out and headed to my room what i was not told that in the corridor heading to my room it was in darkness and men were working with cables and dust sheets all over the place so i could not see much at all . when i found my room i realised how cold it felt then i saw no heating was on , remember this is january so still very cold outside. so i unpacked and then went out thinking the heating would be on later when i returned , but this was not the case at all as when i returned it was still very cold so i went to reception to ask why no heat was on and was told by a very rude girl on reception its up to me to turn it on myself . so straight away this has annoyed me as i am paying to stay there they did ask if i wanted another room and the chef of all people ended up showing me another room which was much colder than the room i was in so went to my room and turned heating on and was told by chef it will heat up quite quickly but i was still not happy. so went back to reception and asked to speak to manager the rude reception girl then had to phone him as no one else could do anything . i spoke to the manager on the phone and was told by him its hotel policy to keep heating turned off and its down to the guest to turn it on which i think is a disgraceful attitude these staff members have then the reception girl told me to get off the phone and that was that . now is this what they call good customer service ? i leave that to you people to make your mind up but i cant stress highly enough this hotel is awful and staff should be sacked or re trained except the chef and the man on reception who checked me in they were helpful. also the window in the room was broke so the wind was coming through off the river all night so this was an awful experience. and i di take photos

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed at Campanile Liverpool over Christmas for 3 days. Pretty much what I was expecting, however was left pretty much fully used toilet tissue to last me 3 days. I obviously had to go and buy my own (OMG) I also was offered a cooked breakfast for each morning of my stay which I accepted and payed for when checking in and on each morning of my stay there was no cooked breakfast available. I fully understand over the festive season there might not be a cooked breakfast available but if it wasn't going to be available I should not have been offered it and certainly not sold it. They could try much harder.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank kevnewsham78
Wigan, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Picked the Hotel for an overnight stay in Liverpool between Christmas and New Year. Really chose it for the free car park which was a bonus against the other hotels nearby. The room was very very basic and the TV did not work. Also, towels were not in the room you had to ask, although this wasn't mentioned when we booked in. However, there wasn't any noise or disturbance so had a good night sleep and couldn't fault the cleanliness. Just needs a really good uplift to bring it up to the standards of Holiday Inn Express which is a chain we use most often. Similar price so expected same quality.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lynda1301
Telford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

We required a hotel that was close to the Echo Arena in Liverpool & as my wife is disabled, the situation of the hotel was essential. The Campanile was only about 500 yards away, & on the flat. The price we paid for B & B was very good as was the attention we got from the staff. I would definitely use the hotel again,but would make sure that I would ask for a sea side room. The hotel was excellent value, & would be handy to all the Waterfront attractions

Room Tip: Ask for a seaside room (no extra charge)
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Glyn W
Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad the team did everything possible to make your stay comfortable. Hopefully we will be welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,
L.Whittle
Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Just stayed here for New Years Eve ... paid £97 for a grotty room ... bed linen was torn, TV didn't work (though staff sorted) just about had enough loo roll to last the stay .. I think a previous occupier must have ran out of loo paper as their was a dodgy brown stain just above the toilet roll holder.. we only had one towel each.. room smelled of smoke..broken window handle...breakfast was poor with my grilled tomato tasting of fish!, I could go on but its too depressing. I would never ever stay here again - even if it was at a bargain price.. pay the extra, I wish I had, or paid the premium rate for a taxi home. I didn't bother complaining as it is after all a budget hotel, and I was too hung over an just wanted to get home.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple