“Would stay again” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Letchworth, United Kingdom
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a two night trip as a newby to Liverpool. Came by train, so was perfect place to stay as it was only a minutes walk from Lime Street Station. Really nice Hotel with friendly staff and atmosphere. Bedrooms quite small, but very clean and comfortable. Breakfast, the normal help yourself stuff with a selection of hot and cold. Our room was overlooking the station, and it was very warm, so a bit noisy, but all in all a great stay. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
LHLManager, Director of Sales at The Liner Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear Lizr59,
Thank you very much for your review, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Your feedback is important to the hotel and we appreciate your comments. Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit
The Liner Hotels Management team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,066)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

I recently had a 4 night stay in this hotel on a business trip.

My overwhelming impression of the hotel was on the quality of the staff, who were fantastic. They were helpful and friendly, no matter what the request – in the restaurant, the breakfast room and on reception. As an example, after my first night there I requested to change room for one that had a stronger wifi signal, and the lady on reception quickly identified a room that would be free later in the day for me, and arranged my transfer with no fuss at all. (The wifi in the new room was stronger, but still an unstable signal - fine for surfing/email, but not for skype).

The hotel itself is an older building that is showing signs of wear. The bathroom I used, though clean, did have a slight damp smell, so I was glad it was warm enough to leave the bedroom window open. The toiletries were difficult to get out of their packaging with the hair conditioner impossible to use, so I don’t think they represent value to the hotel or to the guest. The shower was an in-bath mixer attachment, with a hook on the wall. This had reasonable warmth and pressure. Likewise the hairdryer was perfectly adequate.

The bedroom was cleaned and tidied every day. The bed and pillows were very comfortable (I like a bed/ pillow combo that is neither too soft, nor too firm). Teamaking facilities were good, with traditional biscuits also provided. When travelling on my own I prefer to be able to ignore the mini-bar, so the see-through glass in the front of the fridge unit in the room was a minor irritation. As a runner, I usually also travel with an ice-pack (there is always an injury that needs icing) – but as the mini-bar was electronic, I could not store any of my own items in the fridge.

Breakfast was a good sized buffet with multiple options – ham, cheese, yoghurt, cereal, pastries and a full English. The cooked breakfast was not quite to my taste, as it was too mass produced, I know it is a personal preference but I can never really understand why people use tinned mushrooms. I also found the croissants to be too dry, and the fruit juice a bit hit and miss – the juice comes from a machine that mixes a prepackaged syrup with some water. I ordered a room service dinner one evening, and though it wasn’t as nice as I’d have at home, I ate it all and wasn’t hungry afterwards. The range of food offered and the prices were all very reasonable.

The location of the hotel is very good for a visit to Liverpool. It is right next to Liverpool Lime St station (I didn’t hear any station noise), the cultural area, a short stroll to the University and Cathedral areas, and a 10-20 minute walk to the modern Liverpool ONE shopping and eating area, and the docks.

It is also worth pointing out the free parking that comes with a hotel room. This was a definite bonus for me, and contributed to me choosing this hotel over other options in the area.

I am sure I will be staying in this hotel again, as the combination of location and price fits my budget and needs, and the staff I spoke to were friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank FHTWMW
Dear FHTWMW,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service to all of our guests and I am pleased you were able to experience this and our high standards during your stay.
We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Great Hotel clean, staff helpful and friendly parking free if staying. Excellent hotel for price. Good breakfast, close to all sights. Near the station but not a problem with any noise. There are table and chairs outside the entrance where you can sit and have drinks/food on a fine day.
Room was good except side of bath is high for use of the shower, not good for the very elderly.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 6th floor,quiet except for the seagulls in the morning!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LHLManager, Director of Sales at The Liner Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear Julieann2003,
Thank you very much for your kind review, we are extremely grateful when guests take time out to review our hotel. With regards to your comment about the bath, we do have more accessible bedrooms which can be more accommodating in the bathroom.We hope we have the chance to welcome you back to The Liner in the future.
The Liner Hotels Management Team
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

superb hotel,really clean,friendly staff.good spacious and clean,modern rooms.good breakfast,everything you could want.right next to lime street station so everything is right at hand.we had a great time,cant wait for the next one.

Room Tip: rooms on railway side may be a bit noisier
Dear elaine t,
Thank you so much for your kind comments we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your comments to the whole of our team. We are extremely grateful you took the time to review our hotel. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.
The Liner Hotels Management Team
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

I took my Swiss grandaughter to Liverpool on her first visit. We stayed at the Liner which she thought was fantastic, it was.
Excellent value for money, immaculately clean, delicious breakfast, comfy beds but most of all the staff are superb, so friendly and professional. Will definitely recommend and certainly will re-visit.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear grandmamam,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. It was lovely to read that you both enjoyed your stay with us.Feedback is very important to the hotel and we appreciate guest comments. Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit
Kind Regards,
lisburn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

Im not long back from the liner hotel loved it was there on my honeymoon and the rooms were clean staff were lovly and hotel is close to everything would deffo go back would recomend it to people we did so much while we were there and the whole hotel was spotless breakfast was lovly and all the staff were amazing starting to save for my next trip there

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LHLManager, Director of Sales at The Liner Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Dear claire09Lisburn_11,
Thank you so much for your kind comments we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. It was lovely to read how you chose the hotel for your honeymoon and it exceeded your expectations.
Thank you once again and we look forward to your return.
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

Right in the centre of Liverpool with reasonable parking. Could not ask for more. Very helpful and pleasant staff at reception. Room was clean, good, overlooking the railway station, but we did enjoy the station hustle and bustle. If the noise worries, we could have just closed the window! Breakfast good, as was the one dinner we had at the hotel. Only problem we had was that we were unable to get wifi in our room. We were moved to a different room, but the same result, so we had to use the business room. Otherwise a good experience.

Dear greve
Thank you very much for your review, we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. Feedback is very important to the hotel and we appreciate all guest comments. I will pass on your comments with regards to the Wi-Fi and get this addressed.
We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.