“Very nice,convenient for Liverpool and Empire theatre.”
Review of The Liner Hotel

The Liner Hotel
Ranked #23 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
LIVERPOOL
“Very nice,convenient for Liverpool and Empire theatre.”
Reviewed 22 September 2012

This is a lovely hotel, well placed and a nice atmosphere within.
Staff were pleasant and helpful on the front desk.
Free car parking a good plus ++
Room immaculate and nice bathroom.
Room Service was very quick.
Food was also good.
Will stay here again.
Recommended.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank EX-KEYS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stayed at the Liner Hotel for two nights in September.

On the plus side it has a great location, helpful reception, good rooms and facilities and effortlessly free wi-fi.

On the minus, I don't think the breakfast is worth the additional cost (if you're thinking of paying extra for it) and the hotel dealt very badly with a large party of school children who constantly shouted banged doors, and clogged up the lifts and reception area. I'm well aware that hotels need school trips as a source of income, but as someone who's very used to being on the receiving end of them throughout Europe, I've never seen one so badly handled as here.

So I'd recommend it with the reservation that it's worth checking in advance whether you're going to have to share it with large numbers of noisy and excited teenagers.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
South Wales
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Above average without being over the top. Close to Lime Street (too close sometimes) and the Centre. Breakfast was a bit of a scrum but all well cooked and lots available. Rooms and staff great. Nice little bar on the side.

Room Tip: All similar
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Just back from a great trip in Liverpool. Stayed 2 nights in The Liner and would definitely book it again. We arrived hours before check in and we were able to leave our bags so we could head off into the city and then after we checked out, we were able to leave them for a while. Nice touch.
The room itself was very clean and comfortable and despite overlooking Lime Street Station - it was very quiet. The staff we dealt with were very friendly and helpful. Although we didn't have breakfast there, we did have lunch in The Brasserie one of the days and the food was delicious and great value. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SpudShin
LHLManager, Director of Sales at The Liner Hotel, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Dear SpudShin,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.
We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service to all of our guests and I am pleased you were able to experience this and our high standards during your stay.
We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I had booked The Liner upon a recommendation through a colleague; I have told her not to recommend it again. I live 305 miles away from Liverpool and was travelling up on business. 5 minutes before I was due to set off, I received a phone call from the hotel advising they had overbooked the hotel and although they had "spent all day” trying to find me another hotel to stay in, they had failed, so they were moving me to an apartment about 20 minutes away and would pay for my taxi's to and from the hotel - not convenient at all. 20 minutes into my journey, I get a call saying it had all been sorted and I had my room back... I was mortified - I had delayed my journey so that I could print off all the new details, change the evening plans etc, for them to say it was all sorted... upon arrival they were apologetic but they acted as if it happened all the time. The room was very clean but you couldn't get into the mini bar, which was disappointing after my long drive. After a good night sleep, I was in need of breakfast as I had a very long day ahead... No chance, there was a cue of people waiting in front of me and had been for 20-30 minutes and was told, if I wanted breakfast, I would have to wait unless there was someone I knew to sit with. After waiting about 10 minutes, I gave up as had to get to our conference venue. The hotel did take off the room service I had ordered the previous night but again, a half-hearted apology was given. On the flip side, the parking was free and could keep the car there all day which was helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Peterlee
Reviewed 16 September 2012

A disappointing end to an average stay. When a receptionists made a mistake by taking my money and forgetting she had done so, the other receptionist was quite insulting by questioning my honesty. Her attitude also made another guest feel embarrassed, Unfortunately when the manageress was called, she also showed no respect by brushing over the stress this was causing both my wife and I. No apology was offered when a count of the money in the till proved the receptionist had made a mistake. I accept that people make mistakes, but the attitude of the other receptionist was disgraceful.
The room was ok, but the tv was too samall, and the breakfast consisted of poor quality ingredients.
The room we had was very warm, requiring the window to be kept open, but the room was above the smoking area and when the smokers from a wedding party were using the area, their noisy talk and laughter kept waking us up.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel - so it isn't above the smoking area.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
LHLManager, Director of Sales at The Liner Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Dear sensayuma2,
Many thanks for your feedback, i have been made aware of this and that this situation was resolved quickly.I am saddened to hear you felt that the staff were unhelpful on this occasion.
We appreciate your feedback, and once again we apologise for your inconvenience.
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

The hotel and the staff are absolutely brilliant can't fault them at all, but was woken up at about 3am by the next room playing extremely loud music, screaming,shouting n knocking things over.
I know there was a wedding here n people had a lot to drink but when u pay good money for a room to sleep in u hope to at least get some sleep

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Missm2473,
Thank you for staying at our hotel. We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused to you due to the noise issues.
We appreciate your feedback, which will help us to improve our services for all our future guests.
Once again we are very sorry for your inconvenience.