“Very nice hotel”
Review of The Liner Hotel

The Liner Hotel
Ranked #23 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Always a nice stay here. Clean and comfortable although some noise can be heard from the next rooms through the inter connecting doors.
Good breakfast with nice and friendly staff
Good location - only minutes walk to L1 with all its bars, restaurants and museum areas

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
LIVERPOOL1234567, Director of Sales at The Liner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear gchc_11,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.
We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service to all of our guests and I am pleased you were able to experience this and our high standards during your stay.
We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

There are newer reviews for The Liner Hotel

Reviewed 12 June 2013

From the offset staff were very friendly and helpful, couldnt do enough for you. hotel is spotless, rooms were very nicely decorated, food was amazing and the little bar was very quirky and welcoming, great location. much recommended

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rachel w
LIVERPOOL1234567, Director of Sales at The Liner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Dear rachel w,
We are so pleased you took the time to reflect on your recent stay. We are pleased you had a comfortable stay with us and our services lived up to your expectations.
We hope that you come and stay at The Liner when you are next in Liverpool
The Liner Hotels Management Team

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed here for the first time with my boyfriend for 1 night when visiting Liverpool. The hotel is next to Lime Street Station so is in a great location for exploring the city. Don't let the outside put you off (it's a bit bland) because the inside is very well decorated in a lovely "cruise liner" theme.

We were greeted by some lovely reception staff, I think one lady was called Callie and she was very polite and helpful! We were too early to check in but they will hold your luggage before and after your stay if you want to explore the city before check in and after check out.
We had a standard double room with breakfast for £50 on onhotels.com and I definitely think we got value for money! Our room was a good size, with a very comfy bed, a TV with freeview, and tea & coffee facilities. The bathroom was lovely and very clean, with a shower/bath, toilet, sink, large mirror, and plenty of towels provided. My only problem with the room is that it was incredibly warm, to the point that it made getting ready (blow-drying hair etc) quite uncomfortable. I don't know if this is only a problem on the higher floors, and there was a fan in the room which helped a little bit, but I do think they should think about air con!

We had breakfast before we left which is buffet style, and there was a huge choice! There was a variety of cereals, bread or toast, full english breakfast options, continental items such as crossaints, deli meats and cheeses, yoghurt's, fruit, tea, coffee and fruit juice. The food really was lovely so I would recommend staying for breakfast!

All in all we couldn't find any hotels in Liverpool that were as affordable as this apart from the Travelodge, which won't hold your luggage for you, and where breakfast isn't included. I'm very glad we decided to try somewhere new as this was something a bit different, and we would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Charlotte G,
Thank you for leaving such a positive review on your recent stay at The Liner Hotel, its always pleasing to read that guests enjoyed there stay and would recommend us to others.
We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, if you come back to Liverpool.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2013

We booked this hotel for two nights for our first visit to Liverpool for a concert at the Philharmonic Hall. Based on other reviews we expected a much better experience.

On the positive side the hotel is very central and located next to Lime Street Station.

Our experience of the hotel itself was very disappointing. To begin with out of six lights in our room four did not work. It was obvious that these had not been checked or reported by houskeeping which should be routine. It then took us repeated calls to get someone to come and look at the lights and replace some of the bulbs. Two of the lights could only be fixed by the maintenance staff who were not available.

The next problem was that the room safe not only did not work it was not attached to anything so was completley useless. In the modern world of expensive portable electronics it was a pretty poor situation.

The room was very hot and the only practical option was to leave the window open at night which meant being disturbed by the booming music from a wedding function in the hotel. The shower mat for use in the bath was covered in black mould and very unpleasant.

Finally and almost unbelievably the breakfast restaurant (which did have a good selection) ran out of butter. How that could possibly happen I cannot imagine. Despite repeated requests from guests nothing was done and no interest shown until one enterprising member of staff decided to act on behalf of guests. Despite rules about not using supplies from the banqueting department she "acquired" some of their butter.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith P

Dear Keith P,
On behalf of the Management I apologise for your disappointing stay with us.
Thank you for providing your feedback as this will help us to better our services for all our valued guests, such as yourself. I will make sure to share and address all your remarks with our Team.
Once again I am very sorry for your inconvenience.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

My first visit to The Liner Hotel today was very favourable.Situated very close to Lime Street it's not the most picturesque building but its ideal for business meetings.Lunch was good, and meeting facilities adequate.All in all a positive experience

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Gary S,
Thank you very much for your review, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. Feedback is very important to the hotel and we appreciate guest comments. Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

Great location not far from city centre - hreat free parking -friendly staff - decent breakfast - rooms clean and bathroom spotless overall great value for money - however I have to agree with the earlier review about the heat on floor 6 at night definetly could do with being able to open the window further was far to hot but apart from that can't grumble :)

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear kxb85,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and provide such positive feedback on The Liner Hotel. We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

I booked a one night stay at this hotel through an agent (at an excellent price for B&B) and after reading reviews on a few sites was a bit apprehensive about what I might find, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

Welcomed at reception I soon checked in for a room on the 6th floor overlooking the back of Lime Street railway station. Exiting the lift, I encountered some dark bedroom (Cabin) doors but on entering the room was delighted to find some excellent facilities – everything I needed.

My one disappointment was the publicised free WiFi. It was necessary to go to reception to obtain the log in details but, despite a long time trying, was unable to connect. I am a bit of a nerd with computers but using all the help facilities on my Windows 7 laptop did not resolve the problem. It was possible to use (without log in) the business facility on another floor but that defeated the object of bringing my own. In fairness, I didn't ask anyone in the hotel for assistance as I believe something should work easily without the need for “tech support”.

Breakfast was served conveniently early and there was quite a good selection (no bacon!) but the cooked food was hotter than in many well known hotel chains.

The hotel is conveniently placed for the National Express coach station, the railway station and not far to walk to the city and dock area. Apart from the inconvenience of the Wi-Fi I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would not hesitate to use this hotel again. The early morning trains might adversely affect anyone who wants to sleep late but this was not a problem for me.

Room Tip: If you need to avoid any disturbance from the trains at the adjoining Lime Street station it would b...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo