“excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

a lovely hotel staff excelent lovely breakfast and free parking a real bonus
location very good with easy access to to all atractions in the city
our room was very cosy and spotlessley clean will definitley stay again

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,069)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Retford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

The Liner Hotel, Liverpool is a fabulous hotel providing excellent service and very comfortable rooms. The location was central for Lime Street Railway Station, theatres and shopping centre. We were visiting Liverpool for a football match. The hotel was approx 2.5 miles from Liverpool F.C and was easily reached by taxi in less than ten minutes. We will definitely be staying at the Liner Hotel again and will be incorporating lots more shopping as there's some fabulous shops closeby.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

Just back from our second stay at this hotel, wonderfully clean and well presented and fantastic staff. Liverpool has a compact walkable city centre with good shops and restaurants and the Liner is the perfect base. Im sure our next visit to Liverpool will be at the Liner again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed here with a friend in different rooms on Monday the 16th December 2013.
When we check in the head receptionist was very helpful. What I didn't like was I had to go to the second floor to iron my clothes as there was no ironing facilities in my room. I had booked a room here as my friend was over from the Isle Of Man to visit me so I decided to stay here so we could go out in Liverpool and stay over. Upon checking out the mini bar in my room I noticed that someone who had stayed in the room before me had opened a beer and used a straw to drink it all and left the empty can in the fridge I also noticed that there was other drinks missing to.
I then reported this to the receptionist on duty and she told me not to worry as she made a note of this. My room backed onto lime street train station so I had a lot of noise coming from the train station from the time I checked in until I checked out I also had loud messages coming from the train station regarding train times. When I got in from my night out with my friend I had trouble sleeping as the room was very hot so I opened the window and the noise was unbearable I did not get any sleep whilst I stayed here. When I finally got to sleep I was rudely woken up by the noise of the hotel housekeepers shouting across the corridor and slamming doors to. when they finally quietened down I decided to go for a nice bath only to find dust all along the bath by the sealer of the tiles and then as I started to relax I was disturbed again by the housekeeping staff blasting out really loud music from the hotel rooms or the trolley they were using. When I got out of bed I found really long hairs in my bed that did not belong to me, the floor was dirty it hadn't been hovered and the floor was covered with hairs and all along the wooden ledges and picture frames were covered in dust. Also I noticed that they was two plugs that were not pat tested now this is a legal requirement that should be completed by the hotel to ensure that everything in the room is safe and meet all safety requirement's. I opened a few of the draws by the television only to be very shocked to find large hairs in all of the draws. I had a shower only to find that the shower head was far to low down I did try to adjust this but it would not move. My friend had told me that he had to change rooms as the room he was allocated was dirty and wasn't very clean so he went to reception and reported this and his room was changed. I will not be staying at this hotel again as I was recommended to stay here by a family member but I will be telling all of my friends and family to avoid this hotel. upon my check out I reported all my complaints to the receptionist on duty and she apologised to me about the noise and explained it was due to maintenance on the platform and she told me that the train station do not inform them of any repair work going on and the hotel are taking action against them as this has caused a lot of sleepless nights for guests. I told her about the room and how dirty it was and she advised me if I had reported it they could of changed my room for me. But she apologised about not being able to do anything and said she would speak to the housekeeping manager as the room being untidy is unacceptable. The girl I spoke to had blonde hair but had no name badge on either I find this very unprofessional as most hotels have there staff wearing a name badge so there staff can be identified when talking to them. She also said to me there was nothing she could about the noise of the music as she thought it was other guest but I advised her it was the hotel housekeepers.
I will be finding out who is in charge of this hotel and advising them how there hotel is and how clean it was and to advise them about the noise to.

Room Tip: Yes if you would like a good nights sleep I advise that you do not stay here as you will not get a g...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank James D
Wallasey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Here for just one night, would definitely go again for longer. Situated two minutes walk from the station and five minutes into the city centre.
We had a room at the back overlooking the station and yes, there is some noise from early morning but it was very quiet throughout the night and we had a good undisturbed sleep.
The room was a decent size and very clean and well decorated, lovely comfy bed. Bathroom also very clean with good shower over the bath.
We had not planed on eating at the hotel but as the weather was too bad to venture out, we had a lovely meal in the cosy restaurant. All staff were friendly and helpful, food was reasonably priced with a very good choice, it was beautifully presented.
Breakfast was very good value ranging from continental to full English and a good choice of fruit and cereal. The mushrooms did not taste like the usual tinned hotel mushrooms and the scrambled tasted as it should and not like rubber as can often happen.
If I could find one very minor fault, there was no usual information in the room eg wifi code, useful phone numbers, what to see in Liverpool etc. might be useful to visitors.
I would recommend this hotel to any one staying in Liverpool and hope to go back there again.

1 Thank lesue14
LIVERPOOL1234567, Director of Sales at The Liner Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear lesue14 ,
Thank you for your kind review and rewarding us a five star rating. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was great to hear that you would recommend us and you found the hotel to meet all your needs with regards to location, budget and standards. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Kind regards.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed on Friday and was more than pleased,room,service and breakfast were top class.
Due to an error on my part they even changed the room to a double and there is free parking !!
Would def stay again

Dear localfamilyblackpool ,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Liner Hotel. It was lovely to read you enjoyed your time with us, and that the hotel and facilities were all to your liking. I hope you will consider us again next time you are in Liverpool.
Kind Regards,
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

on merseyside again for the annual xmas bunnymen pilgrimage
Excellent stay at the Liner again, which we chose for it's convenient position to the city centre and the carling academy. The room was clean and large, a family room even though we only paid for a double. the staff were excellent again
our room overlooked the Street , we did experience some noise nuisance, but only from a rowdy guy having a festive domestic!
the breakfast has an excellent choice on offer, from cold to hot.

we would not hesitate to stay here again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear peter p ,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us at The Liner Hotel, and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel when you are next in Liverpool.
Kind regards,