“Central location”
Review of The Liner Hotel

The Liner Hotel
Ranked #23 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Just spent 3 nights at the Liner and found the hotel well presented, the staff were very friendly and helpful and a big plus was the free parking. The breakfast choice was good.it's in a great location, close to all attractions..thanks to all for making our stay very nice.. Will definitely return.....

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
LIVERPOOL1234567, Director of Sales at The Liner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Michael J,
Thank you for your kind review and rewarding us a five star rating. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your 3 night stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your time with us, and that the hotel met all your needs with regards to location, budget and standards. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Kind regards,
The Liner Hotels Management Team

Write a ReviewReviews (4,975)

Reviewed 29 March 2014

The Liner is clean, friendly and brilliantly located just a minute or so walk from Lime Streer station. The staff were helpful and the hotel is great value. I would definitely stay here again. It's the ideal budget hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank Rob W
LHLManager, Director of Sales at The Liner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Many thanks for rewarding The Liner Hotel with a 4* review.

We agree that we are in a fantastic location to Lime Street Station making The Liner Hotel a convenient choice for those traveling by train. Please don't forget we also offer free car parking to guests travelling by car!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We wanted an hotel which is in central Liverpool and offers good value.
Free car parking is often a key issue with all that luggage in the boot.

The Liner is a re-branded establishment and we suggest it is an ideal visitors' choice and next to Lime Street railway station.

Only about 20-30 minutes walk to the waterfront and important because our visit also included an Arena show.

Crucially, it is the best hotel which is closest to the Walker Art Gallery collection which we rate amongst the UK's essential to see in a lifetime, awesome and enjoyable.

That accounts for just 2 reasons to visit Liverpool..

And then there's shopping at and around Liverpool One retail area.

We definitely made the right decision for a 2 night stay with breakfast included.
We ate in the Brasserie pre-theatre before a leisurely walk to see the performance at the venue above.

Excellent lifts(elevators) to all floors.

Our standard room overlooked the front of the hotel and this might be why we had both quiet nights' sleep.
No traffic and street noise disturbed us.
We left a window open each night because no aircon and therefore enjoyed fresh air.
Seagulls cry in a port City.
There was an effective central heating radiator which we adjusted and did not waste energy.

Good, clean room and the comfortable bed was first class.
Sachet drinks included chocolate. That is a 5* touch.
Complimentary bathrobes, slippers and mineral water.
Small, but luxury details have huge appeal.
Full marks to the housekeeping staff too.

The Toshiba TV had ALL freeview channels unlike the major chain hotels who restrict access in the hope you pay to view. Big plus for us!
Wifi is available, but we needed a break from it.

Car parking is free for residents/diners and next to the hotel.
Park first and then check in.
Barrier will open automatically on entry.
No problem finding a space and we did arrive mid-afternoon. BIG bonus.

Breakfast is a self-service cooked choice and/or cold buffet to suit the international guests' tastes.
Formidably managed room to cater for a voracious mob who eat a lot.
One of us dared to take a piece of cutlery from an adjacent table which "offence" was spotted and immediately the item was replaced by the boss.
Yes, you can really set yourself up for the day here with all the food.
Functional, professional and reminded us of a canteen without counter service which did not bother us at all. Part of the bargain value of our stay!

The Brasserie provides all other meals and refreshment. We enjoyed our pre=theatre meal which was pre-prep food.
Nevertheless, it was of a high standard and full credit for chef's presentation.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this very friendly and efficient hotel.
The mainly young staff appear to be happy which is noticeable.
There is a luggage storage facility, but the concierge desk was un-manned.
We did not understand why there was queueing at the busiest time with the same staff level at reception.

The hotel was fully booked during our stay and the conference/business suites were occupied daily.

Conclusion-book early and in advance for the offers!
Recommended.

Room Tip: Front view standard rooms on mid level floors are probably best for value.
1  Thank HodderHobbit

Many thanks for rewarding The Liner Hotel with a 5* Review.

It is great to hear that you found all aspects of your stay in terms of both the product & service that we offer to be of 5* level. We take great pride in the service that we deliver and on all occasions strive to exceed guest expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Good hotel, central location ideal for exploring the city. To those complaining of noise from the station - what do you expect? it's next to one of the busiest rail stations in the country - the hint is on the map!
Cleanliness excellent throughout. Room well appointed and clean as was the bathroom, although a toilet brush was missing and the extractor fan didn't seem to work very well. Sorry to find there was no matress protector on the bed and the blue light from the mini bar glowed very brightly all night! Friendly welcome on arrival. Breakfast staff were wonderful - what a cheerful, friendly start to the day! Great selection of food at breakfast, although the hot food could have been hotter.

Dined in the brasserie on the first night and main course was superb. But as for the desert...don't have the Eton Mess Sundae unless you like ice covered strawberries in it. I almost broke a tooth on a large frozen piece of strawberry and it put me off eating any more. I politely told the friendly waitress that I was not at all happy about it and didn't feel I could pay the £4.95 as I had only had a couple of mouthfuls as there were lots more frozen bits of fruit in the dessert. She said she would ask someone to come and talk to me.

Some time later I was aware of someone stood by my shoulder, having approached from behind, and a man's voice said " You've got something wrong, then?" He didn't introduce himself at all and was quite surly in his attitude - poor man had a black eye which I hope he didn't receive from another gueast who had a complaint! I explained the situation and he was quite mis-believing of my story. Having gone to talk to the chef, he returned and asked if I could prove my point about the frozen fruit by putting some pieces in a glass for examination - it seems the chef had said they never use frozen fruit.

After a consultation with the chef, this man (still didn't know who he was) returned and explained that strawberries are a soft fruit and had become frozen under the ice cream (what???!!). I replied that, if that was the case and the chef knew about it, why weren't customers warned about the possible hazard caused by biting on ice covered fruit, either on the menu or by the waitress? The man, who I later found out from a waitress was a night duty manager, begrudgingly said he'd asked that the cost be deducted from my bill and that, in his opinion I "was making something out of nothing". To which I replied that, had I broken a tooth, I would have claimed against the hotel for damages. I forgot to mention that my family's business was in home-made ice cream, so had some idea what I was talking about!

I was more than disappointed at this lack of customer service and bad attitude and it was obvious that this man had got no idea how to treat paying guests as his general demeanour was one of sarcasm, disdain and he really couldn't be bothered to help resolve the issue professionally, calmly or pleasantly. I do hope he will be sent on a Customer Care or hospitality course soon as I wouldn't want any guest to feel put down or belittled As I was.

Apart from this, I would happily return to The Liner, but I would be wary of dining in the brasserie in case there was a problem...but at least I 'd be prepared!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for rewarding The Liner Hotel with a 4* Review.

We are happy to hear that you found the hotel to provide a high standard of accommodation and to be in a great central location for exploring the City.

I am sorry to hear that your experience in The Seven Seas Brasserie did not meet with your expectations and your comments will be shared with the team. We pride ourselves with delivering the best customer service and I am sorry on this occasion we have failed to meet these standards.

We sincerely hope to see you back at The Liner Hotel.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

we stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. the location was ideal as we were seeing a band at the academy. the room was lovely but so noisy. the first night it was what sounded like an extractor fan that seemed to run non stop most of the night. that had stopped by the second night so managed to sleep only to be woken up by the heating going on (even though we had turned the radiator off as the room was so warm). The constant banging was so loud that we thought something had blown up outside we gave up and got up at 6.00 a.m. also the curtains didn't shut properly and as our room (although it was on the top floor) was above the main entrance it was lit up all night making the room quite bright. On a postive note everything else was faultless.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
LHLManager, Director of Sales at The Liner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Many thanks for your review.
It is fantastic to hear that you found the hotel and location to your satisfaction.
It is however disappointing to find that you had a disturbed nights sleep due to a noise & heat issue. This has now been addressed with the maintenance team and rectified.
We hope to see you back at The Liner Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Spent two nights at hotel room was excellent and reception staff super friendly and helpful. My evening meals in the castaway bar were well cooked and tasty

Free parking and room ungraded an added bonus would recommend the Liner

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for rewarding The Liner Hotel with a 5* Review.

At The Liner Hotel we always strive to deliver the greatest guest experience and feel that added value such as Free Parking Free WIFI and complimentary room upgrades only add to customer satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back on board!

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

When here for a meal before a show was very disappointed. They call the restaurant a brasserie and the potential is there. But they serve basic, I suspect frozen, pub food at hotel prices, even then the quality is not good. The service was slow with MTV played loudly from numerous tv's.
Not a lot of competition in the area and they need to decide if they are a brasserie serving good quality food or a basic pub restaurant.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your review on the Seven Seas Brasserie. It is very rare that we receive a complaint into the quality of food and feel disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your visit on this occasion.

The Seven Seas Brasserie is listed on Trip Advisor and is currently ranked 99/1008 restaurants in Liverpool with an excellent reputation both locally & nationally.