Lowest prices for your stay
£60
Hotels.com
Vio.com
£59
7,042 results
All reviews lime street station castaway bar empire theatre nautical theme car park city centre mini bar lovely hotel full english self service breakfast was excellent buffet style excellent location twin room would stay again visiting liverpool excellent value for money
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 November 2023 via mobile

Really surprised by the good reviews for this hotel. The rooms are very dated, beds uncomfortable. It isn’t cleaned properly there were crisps scattered under the bed and the fridge had empty food wrappers i. there.

Then there is the noise from the train station, I was aware of this and specifically asked to be on the street side a month in advance and was then told there were no rooms on that side available. I had even suggested paying for an upgraded room of it meant I would be on the quieter side but was reassured I didn’t need to.

The breakfast is also terrible the hot food is always cold.

Room tip: Unless the location is really important to you, I would stay elsewhere
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank dfealey
Reviewed 10 November 2023

My Husband and myself went to celebrate my birthday.
Hotel and room was lovely and clean.
Receptionists are so friendly and helpful always greeted you with a smile.
Food at the Brasserie was outstanding for the price.
Castaway the lady who served us was so funny.
Car was secure in the car park.
So nice we have pre booked for next year.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank T1774EMwendyp
Reviewed 10 November 2023

I stayed at the hotel on a business trip.

I checked in and my room was really nice but the safe didn't work.

I had maintenance round and they couldn't fix it, so I was offered a room change, which I accepted.

My new room was superior, with extra goodies and a much bigger TV and bed. I have stayed in higher grade hotels, who have offered nothing for a much bigger problem, so this was a pleasant bonus.

I have a wonderful night, in a super room, with a working safe.

All the staff, reception, maintenance and housekeeping were excellent.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank sa1gon
Reviewed 6 November 2023 via mobile

Very central position and comfy bedroom, overall nice room.
Good points free parking and nice breakfast but the only problem was the bathroom a little bit dirty, the shower too low with pressure and the toilet flush not powerful enough.
I recommend the place anyway if you want to join Liverpool for a short stay

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2023

We like the Liner for location, price and the breakfast. The staff are friendly too. The restaurant and bar are great and good value for money. The 2-4-1 cocktails are a must. We are regular guests to this hotel ,been coming for three years now . Sadly our last trip was not restful. All of our group had noisy plumbing during the night on the 6th floor. We are usually lower in the hotel so it may be isolated to the top floor, the constant tapping of the pipes was irritating even through earplugs. We were shattered after the 2nd night. We mentioned it to the front of house who said “It’s a common complaint”. When we asked if anything could be done he said no and that’s why they “ just absorb the complaints!! “. I’d be interested to know if it’s the same on all floors because if it is we will be reconsidering our booking for 24. Which we’ve already made . So come on Liner management team please try to get this looked at . It’s a dealbreaker when you leave a hotel absolutely shattered.

Room tip: Take earplugs. Ask for a room at the front of the hotel.
Date of stay: October 2023