“Not quite as good as I had hoped.”
Review of The Beatles Story

Ranked #10 of 206 things to do in Liverpool
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The award winning Beatles Story is a unique visitor attraction that will transport you on an exciting and atmospheric journey into the life, times, culture and music of the Beatles. See how four young lads from Liverpool were propelled to the dizzy heights of worldwide fame and fortune to become the greatest band of all time.The Beatles Story is located across two sites.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Not quite as good as I had hoped.”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

In my youth, I was a massive Beatles fan and saw them perform 3 times so I was looking forward to this.
There was a lot of memorabilia, a good audio guide, newsreel footage, replica Cavern club, interviews with people connected to the Beatles e.g. Cynthia Lennon, Paul McCartney,Pete Best, George Martin and Gerry Marsden among others.
Snatches of Beatles music were played but this often made listening to the audio guide difficult so I knock a point off for that but over all, it was a good experience for me. I'm not sure it would appeal to anyone with no previous interest in the Fab 4.

Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Harrogate, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Book your tickets in advance !”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We didn't plan our visit so had not booked tickets, we waited over an hour to get in, the most frustrating part of this was that everytime we got to the head of the queue a bus load of tourists turned up and went straight in. Once we got inside t was very good, would have liked more actual memorabilia, and part of the tour is located back along the other side of Albert Dock - which seems a but silly. All in all we enjoyed it - but remember to pre book your tickets !

Bradford, United Kingdom
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“A good place to visit”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I went to The Beatles Story on a weekend break. I love Liverpool and as I had not been to The Beatles Story before I decided to go. I am not a Beatles fan and it hasnt converted me into being a fan either but I found it very interesting and found the white room very moving. It was probably the hottest day of the year when I went so I found it really hot and claustraphobic so I rushed round it just to get out. I am gong back to Liverpool next month as I really wanted to see the Elvis and Us part of the story as I love Elvis but didnt have time to do both.

Santa Cruz, CA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Surprised how good the tour is. Excellent. Music plays all the time. Life size copies of the clubs, actual guitars used”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was so surprised at how good the tour is. Paul's sister narrates and gives family background. Everyone around me was having such a good time. You can take pictures and no one yells at you. the price is good. So much fun that we are dancing and rocking together. The tour ends in Starbucks and the gift shop. The gift shop was one of the best I've seen. Prices were good considering my US dollars don't go as far in UK. I really felt that the people who assembled the material cared about the Beatles and were great fans.
After we left the museum/tour, we hopped on a tour bus and were shown the houses where John and Paul lived as children and locations mentioned in their songs. We drove by Strawberry Fields and Abbey Road. It was an excellent bus tour. We were in UK for three weeks and this was in my top 3 things that we did. I wasn't expecting to say that - I was so pleasantly surprised.

2 Thank SantaCruzTraveler10
Rossendale, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good if your a die hard Beatlemaniac”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Visited with my mum who grew up to the music of the Beatles and she loved it, even had a little dance with strangers in the Cavern replica, I on the other hand, despite enjoying the music and being quite fascinated by the whole mania it created found it dreary. In fact it reminded me of those history lessons at school, where I used to fall asleep to the dreary recital of years and names.
Don't get me wrong it was highly informative, but as a 30 year old I just felt like information was being thrown at me and it lacked any sort of connection to modern times or me..
The kids interactive room was awsome though and it I hadn't felt like I'd just sat through a 3 hour tutorial I probably would have spent some time there learning to really appreciate the Beatlemania.
Pretty please Beatles Story make you exhibition more fun and interactive for those of us who don't remember the 60s.