“Plenty to do and see”

Ranked #11 of 213 things to do in Liverpool
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The award winning Beatles Story is a unique visitor attraction that will transport you on an exciting and atmospheric journey into the life, times, culture and music of the Beatles. See how four young lads from Liverpool were propelled to the dizzy heights of worldwide fame and fortune to become the greatest band of all time.The Beatles Story is located across two sites.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Reasonably good value as there is a wealth of material here - almost too much to take in. It was quite difficult to read the notices, look at the displays, listen to the audio guide, and listen to the music played in each area all at the same time! The re-creations of significant places like the Casbah and the Cavern have been done in painstaking detail, allowing visitors to get a real sense of time and place. The only thing that disappointed me was the 4D cinema experience which was very clever and gimmicky but rather pointless. Why not concentrate on the music, rather than invent a weak and irrelevant narrative?

There are newer reviews for The Beatles Story

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We really enjoyed The Beatles Story. My partner is a huge fan and there's not much that he doesn't already know about them and so it was less an informative visit for him, more a compliment to his knowledge. I certainly learnt some new things. We also visited the Elvis and Us exhibition at the Pier Head venue (there are two parts to the exhibition if you choose to purchase the 'Experience' ticket which is not necessarily obvious at first if you're not from Liverpool). We found this exhibition to be very good too. What I would say is that the 4D part isn't anything to write home about but as it was included in the ticket price we didn't lose anything. It certainly didn't take away from the overall experience, but I don't think it added to it either. A visit to The Beatles Story is a must for any visitor to the home of The Beatles.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Even if you are not a Beatles fan this tour was incredibly informative and nostalgic. Get the headset for the audio tour. It took about 2 hours for my wife and I to complete.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Have to visit this if you are in liverpool! You can have an audio guide for this and read your way around, lots of facts that people might not know about the beatles. Even my 11 year old learned lots and loved the exhibition.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I don't know what I really thought I expected but I know that I left feeling underwhelmed by the Beatles Story. Considering the price to get in, I thought there would me more things to see. It's well laid out and there were some interesting points, but I think it's definitely aimed at real die-hard fans, not just those with a general interest like me.