“disappointing”
Review of Cafe Porto

Cafe Porto
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Porto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #204 of 1,707 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This is a hidden gem. A Portugese tapas bar in the heart of Liverpool with the best food ever cooked to perfection by the "real deal".
London, United Kingdom
“disappointing”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

The atmosphere and location are charming, but food is mostly average or poor. The tapas were very small, and some were good (such as the sardines) but most were poor (such as the undercooked tortilla, or cold meats that had come straight out of a packet). The seafood paella was under-seasoned and made with what seemed to be frozen fish. In all, the food was quite underwhelming, which was a shame.

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank tomW29

Amsterdam
“Like sitting in ur neighbours front room!!!”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This has to be my most bizarre dining experience ever.
Don't get me wrong the food was nice but because it's cooked fresh it took absolutely forever to arrive.
The surroundings are completely bizarre and I felt like I was sat in someones front room and I shouldn't really be there.
The staff are lovely and if your after something posh I wouldn't bother. This place is unusual, traditional and for me I just found the whole experience rather strange.
I would actually like this place to take off as it's full of heart but for me I don't feel it was really my cup of tea. Try it you might be surprised :-)

1 Thank FUNKY1211
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Slow service and food far from great”
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Being Portuguese, I tend to appreciate Portuguese restaurants but I also tend to be particularly hard on them. Cafe Porto has a nice setting and some traditional Portuguese food. Unfortunately, the food is disappointing. It's not bad but -- and here perhaps the fact I have eaten excellent Portuguese food plays a role -- it's not very good either. Service was also very slow both times I was there. I don't think there will be a third time.

• Visited September 2010