“Best day of our lives!”

Jackie Spencer - BeatleGuide
Ranked #5 of 72 Tours in Liverpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hi there, I'm Jackie and I've been a Beatle Fan all my life, and professionally qualified Tour Guide for 20 fun filled years. I've been Liverpool's OFFICIAL Beatleguide since 1995. My private tailor made tours are the real deal for discerning Beatle Fans planning the trip of a lifetime - satisfaction guaranteed. They're not the cheapest, but they are chauffeur driven by my lovely sidekicks so I can give you my full attention. As a fully qualified Blue Badge Guide I also offer general sightseeing tours. walking tours & step on guiding for coach companies. The Blue Badge is the top qualification for professional tour guides in the UK, and a guarantee of excellence. Most importantly, I'm a Liverpudlian born and bred, Love Liverpool, Love The Beatles, and would love to share my city with you.
Reviewed 28 October 2014

As lifelong American Beatles fans, it has always been our dream to one day visit "The Mecca", Liverpool and truly see where and how it all started. We met Jackie Spencer online almost a year ago through a referral. She patiently and enthusiastically helped us: A) calm down B) plan an appropriate itinerary based on our dates and time frame and C) raise our expectations to an unattainable level...then EXCEED them!
She is an amazing person who not only knows the Beatles' story but brings a true Liverpudlian wit, humor and fellow fandom to her tour. We not only saw the sites, we feel like we heard the stories with a neighborhood and familial context. The hour we spent with Len and Colin (original Quarrymen) is one of the most profound and moving experiences we've ever had. I can't imagine the day we spent being one tenth as three dimensional without Jackie. We've all heard the stories, read the books, seen the photos...but imagine a truly personal insider's perspective in HIGH DEF! The eight hours we spent with her has cemented our commitment to return to Liverpool. If you are a die hard or even casual Beatles fan, Jackie spencer will change the way you think and feel about these "four lads from Liverpool who changed the world"! You can see Big Ben on TV. Spend your time with Jackie and you'll have more than a series of ho hum snapshots...you'll have memories that will last a lifetime!
Whit & Deb Grayson

in 10 reviews
"cavern club"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 22 October 2014

We were 22 People, all grown ups, going on a guided tour for about 3 hrs. with Jackie. This was a very nice experience for all of us. She has great knowledge about the Beatles, and about the city of Liverpool. Not all of us were Beatles fans, but she made the tour interesting for everyone. I think she loves her job! I can really recommend a tour with Jackie! Thank you!

6  Thank Lars S
Reviewed 18 October 2014

My wife and I took a 2-1/2 hr train ride from London to go on Jackie Spencer's Beatle tour, back where it all began in Liverpool. Jackie makes the tour special because she knows that for many people (like my wife and I) this is their dream tour, to go back and see where all the magic began. She's passionate about the Fab Four, to be sure, but what really comes across is her love of people. There was a lot of laughter throughout the day, as Jackie and her driver Paul made us feel as if we'd known them for years. Taking us to the Casbah Coffee Club where it all began, to various other spots Fab Four-related, this tour totally surpassed all expectations. And riding in a Mercedes limousine isn't a bad way to see Liverpool, either.

5  Thank Lba315
Reviewed 1 October 2014

We were with an organized bus tour and Jackie Spencer was our Liverpool Beatles Guide for the morning before we left Liverpool. She knows a ton about the Beatles. She had music ready to play for us on the bus. She pointed out interesting things about Liverpool and of course John, Paul, George and Ringo "landmarks". She told us about Gerry and the Pacemakers song. ... "Mersey" as we drove along that river. It rained on us so we couldn’t do as much as we would have liked but we did get photos of Penny Lane! We wish we had more time to spend there. If we return we'll book more tours with Jackie.

3  Thank mas1958
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 September 2014

We were lucky enough to have Jackie as our tour guide for a group of 24 ladies from all over the Uk and ranging in ages from 30's to 80's. Jackie made the tour of Liverpool fun and informative. We were shown the cultural sights of the city combined with facts about the Beatles. Nothing appeared to be too much trouble and she clearly loves her job and the great city of Liverpool - she certainly altered the impression that some of our group held about the city. The time we spent with her flew by and we parted having spent the morning with a great tour guide who shares her love of the city and the Beatles in a relaxed and entertaining manner. I cannot recommend Jackie highly enough to anyone visiting Liverpool.

3  Thank Cheryl W