Review Highlights
Jackie is THE guide you want

We did a half day tour with Jackie and her skilled driver Paul mid November. I am not a big fan of... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Volcanopizza
Elkhart, Indiana
Miss Christine Lyon

This beautiful young lady is funny entertaining her knowledge is excellent throughly loved the... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Freedom45931981082
via mobile

All reviews beatles tour penny lane beatles fan strawberry fields private tour beatle sites a day in the life blue badge guide full day tour once in a lifetime true fan come alive real beatles personal stories casbah coffee club visit liverpool highlight of our trip
Reviewed 24 February 2015

I hadn't been on an organised trip before, so didn't know what to expect. The day started by meeting in the Hard Days Night hotel (awesome). We were then told about what would be happening during the day. I can't go into much detail, but here are a few highlights: Jackie really does know her stuff and has the ears of many connections, some famous and some movers and shakers who can open doors otherwise shut. I refer to the surprise of the day, which was a visit to Georges childhood home at 25 Upton Green. When we entered the house, we could see that there were sandwiches, scones and butter, crisps and other nibbles laid on for us all. Jackie had researched and had printed off pictures and put them in the place they were taken - nice little touch that. It was a lovely vibe throughout everyone and at one point they did a conga in and out of rooms that our George would have run through. There were even photo's take of the outside privy (toilet!) - Another surprise was more sandwiches and refreshments at Aintree racecourse where we all know the Grand National is run annually, but how many people knew it was at one time home to British Motor racing and a certain 12 year old George Harrison was present when Sir Stirling Moss won the race and the championship? This started George to follow motor racing all over the world - we learnt a lot thanks to two staff at Aintree who had taken the time to print off some literature and hand outs - a nice touch. The trip ended at the newly refurbished and opened Jacaranda - and the biggest most positive thing to come out of the day? Jackie was raising money for Cancer research - I am not sure of the final figure - but get this - she auctioned off a signed photo of Sir Stirling Moss - signed and dedicated to Jackie - selfless or what? I also had the great honour of sitting next to the great Harry Prytherch (Remo Four Fame) and he rolled off a lot of stories about The Beatles and George in particular. One funny story was that Harry's mum used to work in the canteen where George Harrison was an apprentice electrician - George asked Harry to tell his mum to stop telling to get his hair cut.. ha ha - this and many gems were to follow through out the day. I have to walk on crutches and through out the day Jackie and my great friend Donna Jackson made sure I was comfortable, helped me get some food etc. - all in all a fantastic day. I am already saving up fore next year !!! I highly recommend Jackie- nothing was too much trouble - I made a lot of new friends that day.

4  Thank Computerwhizz99
Reviewed 22 February 2015

This is the first time I have ever done anything like this and I can't thank Jackie enough for her excellent organisational skills, hospitality and sheer kindness. She did a fantastic job delivering copious amounts of information on the tour and provided excellent venues for us to enjoy. Her little surprises on the tour added the cherry to the cake and excited us all.
I would strongly recommend Jackie Spencer to anyone who wants a well thought out, detailed, excellent tour!

Reviewed 22 February 2015

Jackie organised a special day to celebrate George Harrison's birthday, and it was fabulous from start to finish. The route was meticulously planned, and Jackie's knowledge and attention to detail was incredible. As well as the more famous places associated with George's life, Jackie went above and beyond by arranging a special trip to Aintree racecourse, where we were treated to a talk about the history of the Grand Prix at Aintree, and the year that Sterling Moss made history at Aintree by becoming the first British driver to win the British Grand Prix, with a young George Harrison among the thousands at the race that day.

The respect and affection that the local people feel for Jackie was obvious throughout, and led to a real surprise when we were allowed to peek inside one of the houses where George grew up. This added to my enjoyment because not only did we get to see things that aren't part of official tours, but also I never felt uncomfortable or that we might be intruding. It made for a lovely, special and relaxing day.

There are so many tours available that it can be hard to choose, but I would absolutely recommend Jackie's tours as the absolute best. I thought I knew quite a lot about George Harrison, but I learned SO much from Jackie and had a fantastic and unforgettable day! If Jackie plans a tour that focuses on any of the other Beatles, and especially for John or Paul, I will definitely be booking!

Reviewed 22 February 2015

First off, Jackie did a wonderful tour we arranged as a 70th present for my dad a little over two years ago - see my other review. When we heard that Jackie was doing a 'special' tour about George my wife and I decided to go - lets face it our first dog was very very nearly called George Harrison (until she turned out to be a girl) - anyway waffle over....
What a fantastic day! - George's grandparent's house, Aintree racecourse - not for 'the Grand National' but the British Grand Prix. Into one of George's former homes and an afternoon of excellent live music at one the celebrated venues The Beatles played. I know this tour was a 'George birthday special' but it goes to show the research and passion Jackie puts in to her job.
My wife and I felt part of a very exclusive and privileged group going very far 'behind the scenes' of just one of The Beatles. The effort she went to, arranging access to the racecourse, engaging the man, who many regard as the greatest racing driver to never win the Formula One World Championship, Sir Stirling Moss who sent a lovely letter with some of his memories of George. To arrange access to one of George's former homes. All over and above arranging some lovely people on the coach who had personal experiences of George and The Beatles - so many first hand stories! All topped off by three live bands at the legendary Jacaranda in the centre of Liverpool...
If you are lucky enough to visit Liverpool and want to see a 'Beatles Tour' I really can't imagine how you could be disappointed with one run by the amiable, jocular and very knowledgeable native Liverpulian Jackie Spencer.

Reviewed 21 February 2015

I have just returned home having been on Jackie,s 'George Harrison Day' tour in celebration of George's Birthday. As well as the places one would expect to see on a George Tour Jackie took us over and above anything similar I have been on before.
Not only do you get to see George's houses but also that of his grandparents and the Church where he was baptised. Taking in a visit to Aintree to learn about George's love of motor racing, it was evident that Jackie had put a huge amount of preparation into the day even writing to Sir Stirling Moss to explain that young George saw Sir Stirling win the Formula 1 British Grand Prix at Aintree 60 years ago this year. It was a lovely touch that Sir Stirling sent a letter back hoping we all had a wonderful day.
Jackie also invited some really good guests along - to pass on their memories and anecdotes.
I have done previous George themed Tours with Jackie but she really surpassed herself this time, it is so evident that Jackie does the tours from the heart she is passionate about both her subject matter and her City and she does both proud, and I for one am eagerly awaiting the George Harrison Birthday Tour 2016.

2  Thank Allison43