“Jackie delights”

Jackie Spencer - BeatleGuide
Ranked #5 of 72 Tours in Liverpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hi there, I'm Jackie and I've been a Beatle Fan all my life, and professionally qualified Tour Guide for 20 fun filled years. I've been Liverpool's OFFICIAL Beatleguide since 1995. My private tailor made tours are the real deal for discerning Beatle Fans planning the trip of a lifetime - satisfaction guaranteed. They're not the cheapest, but they are chauffeur driven by my lovely sidekicks so I can give you my full attention. As a fully qualified Blue Badge Guide I also offer general sightseeing tours. walking tours & step on guiding for coach companies. The Blue Badge is the top qualification for professional tour guides in the UK, and a guarantee of excellence. Most importantly, I'm a Liverpudlian born and bred, Love Liverpool, Love The Beatles, and would love to share my city with you.
Reviewed 10 March 2015

Liverpool is like a primordial soup pot for music. The environment influences the music and the sound gives the city life. You can't understand The Beatles without understanding Liverpool. In a few hours with Jackie I got to know Liverpool. Jackie connected the dots with remarkable attention to detail. Her driver skilfully negotiated the traffic and parking challenges freeing Jackie to focus entirely on filling in the Beatles timeline at significant locations. Jackie has inspired me to continue exploring musical and regional connections on my own. Thus, the magical tour continues to delight.

4  Thank NeillThompsonPHX
in 10 reviews
"cavern club"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 24 February 2015

I hadn't been on an organised trip before, so didn't know what to expect. The day started by meeting in the Hard Days Night hotel (awesome). We were then told about what would be happening during the day. I can't go into much detail, but here are a few highlights: Jackie really does know her stuff and has the ears of many connections, some famous and some movers and shakers who can open doors otherwise shut. I refer to the surprise of the day, which was a visit to Georges childhood home at 25 Upton Green. When we entered the house, we could see that there were sandwiches, scones and butter, crisps and other nibbles laid on for us all. Jackie had researched and had printed off pictures and put them in the place they were taken - nice little touch that. It was a lovely vibe throughout everyone and at one point they did a conga in and out of rooms that our George would have run through. There were even photo's take of the outside privy (toilet!) - Another surprise was more sandwiches and refreshments at Aintree racecourse where we all know the Grand National is run annually, but how many people knew it was at one time home to British Motor racing and a certain 12 year old George Harrison was present when Sir Stirling Moss won the race and the championship? This started George to follow motor racing all over the world - we learnt a lot thanks to two staff at Aintree who had taken the time to print off some literature and hand outs - a nice touch. The trip ended at the newly refurbished and opened Jacaranda - and the biggest most positive thing to come out of the day? Jackie was raising money for Cancer research - I am not sure of the final figure - but get this - she auctioned off a signed photo of Sir Stirling Moss - signed and dedicated to Jackie - selfless or what? I also had the great honour of sitting next to the great Harry Prytherch (Remo Four Fame) and he rolled off a lot of stories about The Beatles and George in particular. One funny story was that Harry's mum used to work in the canteen where George Harrison was an apprentice electrician - George asked Harry to tell his mum to stop telling to get his hair cut.. ha ha - this and many gems were to follow through out the day. I have to walk on crutches and through out the day Jackie and my great friend Donna Jackson made sure I was comfortable, helped me get some food etc. - all in all a fantastic day. I am already saving up fore next year !!! I highly recommend Jackie- nothing was too much trouble - I made a lot of new friends that day.

4  Thank Computerwhizz99
Reviewed 22 February 2015

This is the first time I have ever done anything like this and I can't thank Jackie enough for her excellent organisational skills, hospitality and sheer kindness. She did a fantastic job delivering copious amounts of information on the tour and provided excellent venues for us to enjoy. Her little surprises on the tour added the cherry to the cake and excited us all.
I would strongly recommend Jackie Spencer to anyone who wants a well thought out, detailed, excellent tour!

Reviewed 22 February 2015

Jackie organised a special day to celebrate George Harrison's birthday, and it was fabulous from start to finish. The route was meticulously planned, and Jackie's knowledge and attention to detail was incredible. As well as the more famous places associated with George's life, Jackie went above and beyond by arranging a special trip to Aintree racecourse, where we were treated to a talk about the history of the Grand Prix at Aintree, and the year that Sterling Moss made history at Aintree by becoming the first British driver to win the British Grand Prix, with a young George Harrison among the thousands at the race that day.

The respect and affection that the local people feel for Jackie was obvious throughout, and led to a real surprise when we were allowed to peek inside one of the houses where George grew up. This added to my enjoyment because not only did we get to see things that aren't part of official tours, but also I never felt uncomfortable or that we might be intruding. It made for a lovely, special and relaxing day.

There are so many tours available that it can be hard to choose, but I would absolutely recommend Jackie's tours as the absolute best. I thought I knew quite a lot about George Harrison, but I learned SO much from Jackie and had a fantastic and unforgettable day! If Jackie plans a tour that focuses on any of the other Beatles, and especially for John or Paul, I will definitely be booking!