“Lovely Sunday lunch with music!”
Review of Blundell Street

Blundell Street
Reserve with OpenTable
Blundell Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #221 of 1,707 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$0 - US$51
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely Sunday lunch with music!”
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

A lovely Sunday afternoon out with my husband for my birthday. Fab food, great value, lovely venue, will be back for more!

Visited January 2014
AnnDownes, Owner at Blundell Street, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Hi Lin. Very kind of you say those lovely things and we look forward to seeing you again. Thanks. Ann

Manchester, England
“Excellent evening with great live music”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Visited Blundell street on Friday with my wife, we really enjoyed the evening. I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews - but we both really enjoyed our evening. The staff were really attentive and polite - but never hounded us to buy drinks as previous reviews have stated. The food was really nicely cooked and the drinks were reasonable priced too. These live venues where you can sit and have a nice meal and listen to live music are few and far between and we hope Blundell Street goes from strength to strength. Please give it a try - we will be back !!

• Visited January 2014
AnnDownes, Owner at Blundell Street, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Hi mogsie. Really kind of you to say all those nice things and we really do appreciate it. Look forward to seeing you again
Thanks. Ann
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband and I were greeted by a doorman who advised it was policy to check handbags. I was carrying a very small clutch bag. I don't know what contraband he thought I was trying to smuggle in!! At the bar, you can only buy house wine by the glass. I don't like house wine, so we ordered a bottle of Chardonnay instead, which wasn't great.

I ordered the chicken pate for a starter. It was served with 2 tiny pieces of cheap white baguette and the pate wasn't very good quality either.

We then waited over half an hour for the main course. I visited the ladies whilst waiting. The sinks had black mould around the rim and the base of the taps were also covered in black mould. Think they need to get some mould and mildew remover!!

The main course finally arrived. The halibut in a "prawn" butter sauce was awful. No prawns in the sauce, the whole dish was over seasoned with black pepper and the 1 carrot and 1 turnip were undercooked and tasteless.

The only positive comments I can make are the service staff were all very friendly and the singer was excellent.

Think the manager and chef need to taste the food they are serving, as the quality and taste are very disappointing :(

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Mandymoo400
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Couldn't wait to get out, wouldn't go back even if it was free!”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Unfriendly staff, security made me feel like I was entering a prison for a visit, checking bags and snarling us on the way out, don't know if it was because we were leaving before the act had finished but couldn't stay till the end. Staff kept asking us did we want drinks every 5 minutes even though they had just brought us over two bottles of wine for 4 people, made us feel awkward. Food was freezing, lemon cheese cake was awful, and came with no ice cream as it stated. So let down.

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank Suzanne M
liverpool
“Had a really good night!”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Came here with my boyfriend to a tribute night. Menu is limited, so the food is quite simple but there were two choices of fish on there so we were happy. The sparkling Pinot Grigio we ordered was lovely and a good price (ended up getting 2 bottles). Fair enough the tables are quite close together, so its not a "romantic" night out but we were there to be entertained-which we were. Staff are so friendly and lovely-gave top service. We got our meals for the same price as a recent online-voucher deal and a voucher for our next visit. I'd go back again.

• Visited November 2013