“Pleasant stay,will return”

Hotel Indigo Liverpool
Ranked #12 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Stayed overnight after deciding to try the MPW steakhouse.
Hotel was easy to find if Liverpool is your home town! If you arriving at Lime St a taxi will have you here in 5 mins. Location is good for Pier head, Albert Dock, Liverpool One, Beatles stuff etc.
Check in was a breeze, lovely welcome (thank you Nat) Key card in hand in less than 2 mins. There was a small problem with the room whcih was resolved just as quick without any fuss and thats a good sign. There will always be problems in any hotel but it is how they are handled that is important.
Room was pretty cramped, but quite functional. Bed was comfy and the shower was amazing. On our stay there was little or no noise to be heard from outside and we were on the front.
Our meal at MPW was delicious. I would say that the service needs a liitle more over seeing but the staff were trying hard. The fillet steak was to die for and should not be missed. Its £27.50 but worth every penny.
The Cotton Bar is in the lobby and we enjoyed a relaxing drink there with the dooord wide open to the street , sort of inside but outside, which was nice.
As with everywhere the outside tables seem set up just for smokers and for me its a put off,(it would also put me off when appoaching premises) but its a nice pavement area, Perhaps they could make only certain part of this area smoking?
We slept well and made off for breakfast. What a feast. All the normal breakfast fare. We were guided by Tim, a very helpful chap. He was keen to help all the guest with maps and a friendly word! The quality of the breakfast was outstanding. Probaly the best I have ever had in a hotel. Food was hot, plenty of it, refreshed and tidied often. I had an omlette that could have floated off the plate it was that light and fluffy, and sausages that I enjoyed so much I asked for the butchers address!
Check out is standard at 11 a.m. No problem to us. Check out took less than 2 mins and was accurate. With a friendly cheerio from Nat (does she go home?) We left already making plans to return

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnniepk
There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Liverpool

Reviewed 4 August 2011

I was in Liverpool with my friends for my Hen Weekend - we stayed at Hotel Indigo for the weekend - a great location for enjoying all that Liverpool has to offer - friendly staff, lovely rooms and great breakfast! Would definately stay again!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank lynseybaird
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The Hotel Indigo offers a lot and is working towards providing it! On arrival i sat outside the hotel and had a bottle of wine with friends. The young waiter was incredibly helpful and in spite of our teasing him was a delight. The hotel manager came around and offered us a further glass of wine, which was very nice.
Checking in, whilst slightly chaotic, was very friendly and two very pleasent young women were in attendance.
The room was well appointed, though i thought it could do with a bit more of an energetic clean. The rug was grubby and there were lots hairs (!) in the shower! The wall covering was zany! Fabulous bed.
On returning to the hotel at just after 11 I found the bar closed, but a waiter did rather begrudgingly serve me a glass of wine. Breakfast in the morning was impossible. The restaraunt was full, the noise level unbelievable and the staff were harrassed.
But this is a new hotel and if they continue as they are going it will be a very good place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Booked through travel zoo and got a fantastic deal. Room was great with free mini bar with excellent decor. Evening meal in MPW restaurant was delicious and service from the 'future pilot' waitress was first class. Deal also included free cocktails and breakfast which was also scrumptous. Great location for city centre and Albert Dock with parking at £12 for 24 hours in the next street. By the time we added up what we drank and ate as part of the deal we thibk we got the room for about £10. No compalints.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hilltopfrog
Reviewed 3 August 2011

stayed here with my husband on the travelzoo deal. it is a lovely hotel (it is new) the location is great if you dont want the louder side of Matthew St, but still plenty of bars in the area. its just on the edge of Liverpool 1 and Albert Dock is 10 mins walk away.

would definately stay here again and pay full price. the MPW restaurant was also very good. Breakfast was exceptional for a hotel.

couldnt fault it, give it a go, you wont regret it...

1  Thank alfiebubbles
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We got a fantastic deal through Hotels.com at £62 per night, about half price on the standard room rate. Stayed two nights and really enjoyed it. Great location down near the Pier Head, and only 6-7 mins from the town centre and Albert Dock. It's that perfect combination of close enough to the action but far enough away for a quiet night's sleep.

The room was, in the main, lovely. Really contemporary with a great TV, complementary minibar filled each day (don't get too excited, it's a couple of beers, a couple of water bottles, some soft drinks, crisps and chocolate) but it really made a difference when most other hotels not only charge for content but blatantly rip you off! I hope it lasts, it's a really nice touch.

Staff were very courteous and helpful, quick to rectify problems of which there were a few. The rooms are lovely but the builder hadn't seen fit to clean the tiled floor he'd laid so our room had bits of cement and grout hardened onto the tile faces. The shower in the bathroom was great but didn't drain very well meaning the bathroom flooded if you had a shower lasting more than five minutes. Same with the sink which drained glacially and didn't seem to have a plug mechanism. The maid failed to clear dirty glasses and cups, and didn't leave us any loo roll or milk, but the girl from reception handled the issue personally and quickly.

Overall, the hotel is nice, the location is great, the staff are friendly and keen to help. I hope they get over the teething problems as we'd definitely visit again.

2  Thank whiters8
Reviewed 1 August 2011

When we first arrived at the hotel we were confused as to where we should unload our luggage. My husband pulled onto a side street and ran in to the hotel to find out. When he returned he said, "The hotel looks amazing, but they have no bell service and no valet." He dropped me off with our luggage at a rear entrance to the lobby and then went to park in a secure garage down the street. The staff were very friendly, and it seemed they felt bad that the set-up was so haphazard. I waited for him to return in the lobby/bar area as it was all blended together. It was very busy and a Saturday night. The desk manager sent a bellhop type up with our large suitcase so that my husband and I didn't have to lug it. The room itself was large, modern, and had hardwood floors (I am sure not real, but very nice looking regardless). I really prefer the hardwood floors since the carpets in some hotels wind up questionably clean at best. The room had a freestanding closet which housed the free minibar which I felt was a very nice touch. It's nice not to feel nickel and dimed to death in an upscale hotel. The bed itself was nicely made with a clean, white duvet. The pillows were a little too firm and the bed a little too flimsy. I think we needed to turn the thermostat down some to be more comfortable in it. The bathroom was very modern and unique. There was just enough room around the sink for one to set their toiletries. Note to US travelers: there are no electrical outlets in UK bathrooms except for shavers. Ladies, you will have to blow dry and flat iron outside of the bathroom. In this hotel they were thoughtful enough to put a large full length mirror in the room with outlets directly under it which made it much easier to use those appliances and see what I was doing. The towels were nice and thick, and while it seemed like the hotel was full with a party type bunch, we never heard any noise all night. The breakfast buffet was the usual. Unfortunately, they had no soy milk for my husband. We were just passing through Liverpool, but if we ever came here again we would definitely stay here.

1  Thank Lexie99