“Very welcoming ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Johnstone, United Kingdom
“Very welcoming ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here previously not long after this location opened...great to see the standard has been maintained on this visit. Warm welcome after a long drive, comfortable room and very clean. Didn't have breakfast or dinner so can't comment on food.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thankyou for your positive comments and ratings on your stay with us! I'm so glad to hear that this was not your first visit and that our standards were just as high as your first trip! I am also delighted that you received a warm welcome upon arrival after your long drive. We hope to see you here again in the near future!

Laura Taylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is a very good hotel and I have only given it 3 stars because of the poor experience we had at breakfast on the 2 days of our stay.
Firstly the hotel is very well situated 10 minute walk to city centre through town or turn the other was out of the hotel and you very soon end up at the water front. The Capital car park is very near and you get a discounted rate if you remember to get reception to stamp your card.
The rooms are very nicely decorated and are spotlessly clean as is the bathroom but they are on the small side and when we looked at the fire plan we seemed to have an above average size room!! Unfortunately there was a connecting door to the next room which wasn't very sound proof and the lady in the next room, who sounded very ill,kept us awake all night coughing. In addition it was impossible to have a shower with the hand held shower head without flooding the bathroom. The complimentary mini bar with coke, water, crisps etc was a nice touch.

The main problem for us was breakfast. The size of the restaurant is totally inadequate for the number of guests. Both mornings we had to queue for 20 minutes to get a table. Then there is only one coffee machine so you have to queue again for a drink. The plates were cold on the buffet and everything looked slightly under cooked and unappetising. I asked if they could recook some bacon for me until it was crisp. Not a problem and although I waited another 10 minutes when it came back it was no better. I really think these issues spoiled our stay. If we were to return I wouldn't book breakfast.

Room Tip: We had 526 which was noisy because of the interconnecting door other than that it was very good
Dear guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a detailed review on your stay at Hotel Indigo Liverpool. We are pleased to receive both positive and negative comments as it means we can try to improve facilities for our guests. Im glad that you found our location convenient, but am sorry to hear that you were woken up by noise from a guest next door (next time you stay, you can contact us in advance to request a room that doesn't interconnect).
I am so sorry to hear that you were unimpressed with your breakfast experience in our restaurant and I have made sure to share your feedback with our Restaurant and Bars Manager for review.
I really hope that this wouldn't prevent you from returning to us in the future and hopefully we'll see you back again soon.

Bradford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I Stayed here on 23rd November for my birthday and was pleased with the hotel. We arrived about 1pm and i decided to ask when check in was, the receptionist told me it was 3pm but that a room was available so we checked in there and then. This was good as we dumped our bags and headed out. We spent the whole day shopping so didnt spend much time in the hotel. The room was big enough for the two of us with a comfortable bed, lovely clean bathroom so we were pleased. the aircon did kick out a funny noise but once we got into bed we were that tired i didnt hear it! did not stay for breakfast so cannot comment and did not eat in the marco pierre white restaurant.Would stay here again!

1 Thank Nichola W
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review on your stay at the hotel, we are delighted that you decided to stay here for your birthday celebration and that you enjoyed your trip! I am pleased that our reception team were able to check you in to the hotel early so that you could go out and explore our neighbourhood. I have made sure to share with maintenance that there was a noise coming from your air con, but I am glad to hear that this wasn't an issue for you and that you would return.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I've been staying a lot with IHG recently so decided to get the point accelerator by staying with another brand and I really enjoyed Indigo in Liverpool. It's a great location by the docks and the room was really nice. I loved the rain shower, free mini bar, iPod Dock, free internet, loads of tv channels (you only get about 10 with Crowne Plaza). I was probably expecting more from the breakfast it terms of options (no extra menu and porridge) but the quality of what was there was really good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty as a Rewards Club member with IHG, it is great that you were able to stay with us and therefore boost your points! We are grateful for your positive comments and ratings on your stay with us and we hope to see you here again in the near future!

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed here for the weekend. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was buffet style which was very nice. The room itself was spacious although it couldve done with a little more light. The mini bar was complimentary (no alcohol) but had chocolate and soft drinks which was a nice addition. The room includes and iron, ironing board, hairdryer and safe to keep and valuable belongings. There was a tesco, sainsburys and coasta coffee shop around the corner and the hotel is about a ten minuet walk from the shopping centre.
I ordered food from room service which was very delicious.
There was a noise of running water for both nights which I stayed which did keep me awake for the majority of the time I stayed here.
On the second day my room wasnt cleaned so I had to call reception to get this done.
Overall a very nice stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thankyou for leaving us a review of your experience at the hotel, you have some really nice things to say about the staff, the facilities and our location and we would like to thank you for sharing these thoughts with other users of trip advisor. I am so sorry to hear that you experienced some noise from your room throughout your stay, if we had known at the time we would have been able to try to move your room to ensure that you were not disturbed. I have made sure to share your feedback with our maintenance team for review and I hope that this wouldn't deter you from returning to us in future.

Hope to see you here again soon,

yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed on a Sunday for a one night birthday stay for my good lady. Never stayed at the Indigo @ Liverpool before, so used Tripadvisor before booking. Lots of good tips from the good folk who have stayed before, including on requesting a room that may suit your requirements. We prefer a quieter room and so I sent an e-mail a couple of weeks in advance: 'Would it be possible to arrange for a quiet room; one away from the front of the building and internal 'noise' such as the internal lifts. A room higher up would be great'. The response was 'We have made a note of your requests and will do our best for you but please note this cannot 100% be guaranteed. I have made a request for a quieter room but again I have to stress that we do not really have any rooms that are quieter than others in respect of the way the hotel is shaped.'

So not a great start given what 'I knew' about the hotel. A call a couple of days beforehand to a wonderful reception sought to sort out a room on a higher floor. None of my requests had been noted on the system, but the lady was excellent in dealing with my requests. Alas when we arrived, a room next to the lift had been allocated, but again the ladies on reception (10th Nov) were outstanding in being helpful and reallocating. I cannot praise them enough; a real asset to this hotel.

Nearly everything else went without a hitch. The room on the 6th Floor was stunningly quiet we had a great nights sleep. The rooms are great, different and a little quirky, the breakfast plentiful and tasty, and the location is spot on for Liverpool. Next time we will try out the Marco Pierre White restaurant; the Sunday lunch looked very tempting. Despite the niggles, I wouldn't have a problem at all returning to the hotel and would recommend it to others.

One more negative - the recommended parking which is the Capital Car Park. Thankfully, it is not too far away, and at £7.50 for 24 hours you (in theory) would get a discounted rate. But we made 'the mistake' of staying 24hrs and 30 minutes. We wanted to enjoy Liverpool which is what we came to do. The Car Park charge was £15. They wanted to charge a days rate for 30 extra minutes. It would appear the ownership of the car-park had just changed; the chaps there could see the stupidity of the charge (the extra hour was something like £2.60 so the overall reasonable charge should be closer to £10. But their instruction was to charge that way. Maybe it has since changed; if not, be warned if you want to stay just over 24 hours!

Lets finish on a positive though - good value break, with some excellent service, in a different type of hotel. A good addition to Liverpools hotels.

Thank mister.c.
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us feedback on your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Liverpool. I am sorry to hear that initially you experienced a problem with the request you made, but I am pleased that our reception team were able to sort the room issues out for you without fuss. Your feedback regarding their service has been shared with the team and the team members have been recognised. It is great that you enjoyed your stay on the whole and I'm glad that you would return and would recommend us to others!
It is a shame that there was an issue for you with the car park; as you mention they are currently changing ownership so I will be speaking to them once that has been finalised to confirm any rate changes.
Thankyou once again and we hope to see you here again soon,

Isle of Man
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed 2 nights, check in quick and friendly. Our room was very nice, the decor is colourful which I liked with good lighting, very clean and had great nights sleep. Bathroom was very clean, good Aveda products, loved that I could hear the radio in bathroom while I got ready.

Nice free mini bar with the essentials, wine, larger, crisps and kit kat!

Most of the staff were helpful, but I asked one girl if somewhere nice to eat but she was a bit miserable and not helpful at all, never mind would not talk to her again.

Did not eat breakfast there.

Location is good and we enjoyed our stay, next time I am in Liverpool would stay there again.

Dear guest,

Thankyou for your review on your stay at the hotel, we are delighted that you enjoyed your trip! I'm pleased to hear that your welcome was friendly and you enjoyed the facilities available to you, but I am so sorry to hear that you weren't given such friendly service at reception on one ocassion. I can assure you that this is not our usual standard and I do hope that this wouldn't stop you from returning to us in the future.
Hope to see you back again soon,