“A wonderful stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Bergen, Norway
“A wonderful stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

My daughter and I stayed here from Saturday the 7th to Monday the 9th of December 2013. Because of the weather conditions in Norway, our flight were cancelled and we only managed to arrive one day late. In the communication with the employees, from sending a mail from the airport to the first meeting in the reception, everyone was very nice, helpful and polite. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean. Loved the breakfast. I'll be back in April 2014!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear guest,

So happy to read your comments on your stay at the hotel, we are delighted to hear that you received great service from our team and you enjoyed your room and breakfast! Thankyou for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with other users of TripAdvisor and we look forward to your return in April 2014!

Laura Taylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Oxford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

A last minute decision on a trip to Liverpool found us staying the weekend at this perfectly located hotel. It's close enough to Lime Street station and very close to the city centre and the Docks. Check in was very fast and efficient and the staff very friendly. We were upgraded to an executive room on the 6th floor which was spotlessly clean and comfortable. The free movies and minibar are a great touch and the rain shower was great. My only two slight disappointments were the size of the room and the temperature. The room was quite small and seemed cluttered and was also very hot. The air conditioning was not switched on, I assume as it's winter and there were no opening windows in the room. So given its size it was always hot and stuffy. That said, it was not unbearable and I would happily return.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest,

Thankyou for your feedback on your last minute trip to the hotel! I am pleased to hear you were impressed with our location and the amenities in your room, as well as our friendly team.
I am sorry that you found your room to be a bit too hot and stuffy, some of our rooms feature windows that will open, so next time you stay please let us know if you'd like one of these rooms and we will do our best to accomodate this request.
Thanks once again and we hope you'll be back again soon!

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

I was looking forward to my stay at this hotel. I expected a clean, fresh, modern hotel. Unfortunately I left wishing I had had stayed at home.

The hotel is in a good location, close to the docks and close to the main shopping areas and Liverpool One. Unfortunately this is the only good thing I can say about the hotel.

The room was very noisy. The wooden floors amplify noises from adjoining rooms, it's easy to tell when your neighbours leave or return. Couple this with the noise of other guests as they exit the lifts and say there good nights and it's a recipe for a disturbed night. Unfortunately for me this was not the end of it, at 1.30am the air conditioning started to make a noise that sounded like a faint alarm. The air conditioning was off and had been all evening. After 30 minutes I called reception to complain. They seemed very un fussed and explained it away saying it was probably feedback from another guests room. When I asked to be moved to another room I was simply told the hotel was full and there was nothing they could do. The air conditioning was still making at noise about 4am when I finally drifted of to sleep from complete exhaustion.
I was then woken about 7am from noises in the road outside. At this point I decided that this was not my day (or night) and decided to get up and ready to check out.

The other things wrong with this hotel is there are no plug sockets by the bed to charge your phone, the kettle is located in the cupboard and has to be moved and then placed on the floor before it can be used.
The bathroom was only partly clean, the shower head was dirty and it's impossible to have a shower with part flooding the floor. The toilet flush was also partly broken.

All in all it was one off the most disappointing nights I've ever had in a hotel. I sure there was an element of bad luck and that the next person could possibly have a great stay, but for me, on this particular night, it was nothing short of a nightmare.

I was sent a guest survey to complete a couple of days after my stay, I completed this and one section was would I like a hotel representative to contact me about my experiences, I ticked yes and decided to hold off writing this review to give them a chance to respond, I'm still waiting. That kind of just sums up everything I felt about this hotel and it's attitude to its 'guests'

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve B
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback on your stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory for you and please be assured that we did try to contact you in response to your feedback survey you took the time to complete.
I have re-traced the survey and have sent you an email regarding this issue. I look forward to hearing from you, and once again my sincere apologies.

Crewe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Another secret hotel from lastminute.com (bargain aswell!) - stayed for a weekend in the middle of December for a weekend away with my partner. The hotel itself is so vibrant & colourful, gives you abit of a good feeling as its not the usual dull interior in most modern hotels. Our room was lovely & clean with everything that you need - comfy bed, free wifi (that actually works!) rainforest shower & a few freebies in the fridge.. & my partner was very excited when the TV said his name on it (small things amuse small minds...). Our room didn't include breakfast so we paid extra - £10 each. It was full english breakfast with fruit salads & other cold food, really nice compared to some hotels I've stayed in previously & the restaurant area was lovely. The hotel is a short walk from Liverpool One & the Docks so close to everything you need! We didn't try to MPW restaurant, wish we did! But it was so last minute we just took a trip to nandos instead! Would stay again :)

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor, our room was very green! Not much of a view though!
1 Thank Hannahwrightx
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thankyou for your feedback on your trip to the hotel through the lastminute.com secret hotels! We are so pleaesed to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your compliments about the rooms, the location and breakfast have been greatly received and have been passed on to all departments and team members. As a team we are all very passionate about our product and it is fantastic when compliments are received and can be celebrated.

Thanks once again and we hope you'll be back again soon!

Oxford, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I am writing this from an Executive Room on the top floor of the hotel. Check-in was efficient and first impressions were good.

The room was far smaller than expected but the floor plan shows that Standard Rooms are even smaller.

Room amenities are excellent, towels are fluffy, free beer and wine in the mini-bar, a Kit-Kat, two packets of crisps and mineral water.

I loved the rain shower, it was spacious and refreshing.

I did not enjoy parking off site and walking down the street with my bags but that was my only negative.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers on Trip Advisor, we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We are delighted that your first impression on checking in was good, and that you were impressed with the facilities in the room.

We hope to see you here again soon,

Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

We booked this hotel for an overnight stay on 13 Dec (b & b). The hotel was very modern, vibrant & clean. Very friendly welcome at reception, the room wasn't massive but very very clean & comfortable.....the bed was to die for, we wanted to take it home!!!!! Great shower too. Breakfast was fantastic, either choice of cereals, fruit or as we had....lovely piping hot food, again with very friendly staff. Drink prices at the bar are average for a City centre hotel. The hotel is well situated for either Liverpool city centre or the Albert Dock/Liverpool Arena, although be prepared for a short walk as all are about 10 mins (at the most) away. Car parking is round the corner, with a discount for staying at the hotel & come to £7. I would definitely stay here again & recommend to anyone & everyone.....lovely, lovely hotel

Dear guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us feedback on your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Liverpool. We are delighted that you experienced a friendly welcome on your arrival and that you were impressed with all we have to offer. I am also glad that you thought the bed was so comfy, and I have to say I agree with you!
Thankyou once again and we hope to see you here again soon,

WIDNES
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

Vibrant colours throughout the hotel, gives this place a really good vibe. The rooms have tea and coffee making facilities and a few free nibbles and cold drinks in the fridge. Spotlessly clean and very comfy.
This hotel is a 10 minute walk (max) into Liverpool One.
I arrived with friends and the booking in process was quick and easy.
During our stay there was a flood from the bathroom above - someone left the plug in with the taps on!! The staff were fantastic and promptly dealt with the clean up a 5am. When we headed for breakfast, the staff had already been briefed and apologised on behalf of the hotel - the breakfast was well laid out and great quality. When we went to check out we were asked if we wanted a cab ordering or if we needed any other assistance, this was before we arrived at the desk. On checkout, the receptionist apologised for the evenings events, again before we mentioned this. As we had been disturbed due to the problem, they very kindly waived the bill.
I have to say that all staff we encountered were extremely professional and clearly training is high priority. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us! We are delighted to read your comments and hear that you enjoyed your stay here. I am pleased to hear that despite a flood in the hotel which affected your room, our team were well prepared and professional when dealing with the issue. Your positive review is a great opportunity to celebrate our staff and their hard work and we are grateful for the time you have taken to give us your feedback.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon, and thank you for your recommendations,