“Perfect hotel! I loved it!”

Hotel Indigo Liverpool
Ranked #12 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Madrid, Spain
“Perfect hotel! I loved it!”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Beautiful hotel, beautiful rooms, nice staff, nice sleep, nice breakfast... I totally recomend this hotel! It has been fantastic my experience in Indigo! Very well located, walking distance to the shopping area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear guest,

We are delighted to receive your positive feedback about your stay here with us, it is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient! Thank you for your recommendations and we hope to see you here again soon,

Laura Taylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Hull, UK
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed here for the absolute bargain price of £65 for a nights bed and breakfast on the 1st of January.

Rang ahead as I had made two seperate bookings and asked for adjoining rooms with a connecting door and a cot if possible. Staff on phone very helpful and noted my request before our stay.

Arrived before check in and was told rooms were not ready as we had a specific request which was fair enough as it was new years eve the night before.

Rooms were ready slightly before check in time and we had been given two large rooms with interconnecting door which was great.

Comfortable beds and great furnishings in the rooms, very modern bathrooms which were funky and great toiletries.

Had a great nights sleep and then had breakfast the next morning which was top class. Wonderful quality full english with fresh eggs cooked on request and the rest served buffet style but warm and plenty of it. Really friendly staff when helping us with our boy. Great selection of continental stuff, cereals, fruit too if that is your bag.

Would definitely stay here again, especially at the price we paid, well done indigo, keep it up!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thankyou for leaving us your valuable feedback and positive ratings, we are happy to hear that you were impressed and found the hotel to be value for money whilst still delivering a high standard of service. Your feedback regarding the service from our reception team prior to your arrival, along with the breakfast and friendly staff in the hotel has been shared with the team.

We hope to see you again soon,

Warm regards,

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The rooms are really bright and fresh with all you need from a hotel room. Comfy chair, big bed, and a decent sized desk with all sorts of power points (USB etc). Ladies, don't worry about bringing a hair dryer, the one the hotel provides is very good. There is a free mini bar with soft drinks and snacks that is replensihed everyday. Ironing board and an iron are also provided in each room.

The bathroom is fab. The shower is so nice you will not want to get out and the smellies they provide are Aveda, so a bit more than the usual unknown brand many hotels offer.

The only down side are the number of channels available on the TV, not an issue if you are out and about, but if travelling alone you could get bored with it quite quickly.

The staff are very nice and helpful and you have a choice of two bars and one restaurant. The breakfast is included and is varied with the usual options available as a buffet. For an evening meal you are looking at spending well over £15 for a main. Most meals are near or over £20. So if on a budget this may not be the restaurant for you. But being in such a central location there are plenty of other options. I did eat in the restaurant and the food was very nice.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room, somewhere away from main roads and other noise distraction. I was up on fl...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review and 5 star ratings! We are delighted to hear your feedback from your stay in the hotel and your comments on the facilities available to you, from the good quality hairdryers and toiletries we provide, to the restaurant and breakfast. I have shared your feedback with the team, along with your suggestions regarding the TV channels, and we all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

From the min you walk in , it feels so nice an then the staff are so helpful . The beds are like heaven and wish i could take it home with me ;{ .. I loved the food and the bar was the best stocked bar in liverpool . your so relax fromthe min ur there until you go . I have stay in a couple of rooms here and defo think the exevitve rooms are best and the doubles are very gd . Every time i go liverpool I fight with my self with staying here an also trying new places as you do . I just love this hotel very much . It has so much to offer an will be staying aging . thank you so much for another great visted ;}

Room Tip: the exevitive rooms have a free bar and movies on tap on the tv . very nice bathrooms an all you nee...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thankyou for your review on your stay at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, noting in particular the comfy beds and good service from our team!
We are delighted to hear that you enjoy staying with us so much and we look forward to your next stay here.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I have stayed in many hotels around the world, from the best 5 star establishments to the crummiest no star hovels, and Hotel Indigo in Liverpool must rank as one of the nicest and most welcoming hotels I have ever been to.

From the colourful, almost kitsch exterior, to the welcoming front desk staff, we were made to feel extremely welcome and valued when we arrived. I am rubbish at remembering names for the most part, but one particular member of staff called Morna stood out to me as a wonderful employee and warranted special mention. All three of the desk staff were lovely, but Morna helped make what was a normal weekend away, feel like a really special occasion.

We had room 619 on the top floor and while not a massive room, it was very comfortable and boldly decorated. The bed was perfect; a decent sized tv with many channels including Sky Sports 1 and 2 and a free mini bar, containing a few soft drinks, bottles of water and some snacks - a lovely touch. The best thing however was the immense shower - a huge overhead fixture and a handheld wand, in a cubicle that easily accommodated two people! There is also a speaker linked to the tv in the bathroom but it is fairly quiet and not really audible over the water sound.

The breakfast buffet was on a par with that that I had at the Hilton in Paris a few years ago. I realise a fry up is pretty much the same, regardless of the location, but the choices available here were just what you need to set you up for the day. They have black pudding; real and fresh orange juice; bean to cup coffee and made to order poached eggs etc. In fact, I enjoyed the breakfast a lot more than I did the gourmet food the night previously so if it isn't included in your booking, add it.

The only point of concern with my stay, which I think is company wide and not hotel specific, is their policy of adding an automatic service charge on food. To be fair I noticed it on the evening meal and didn't check to see if the breakfast also included it, but I have already posted my review of the restaurant and only just remembered about it. Of course, you are able to ask for it to be removed and tip directly as we did, should the service etc warrant it - I just find it a very presumptuous practise and not fair to the staff concerned, considering they then get taxed etc on it.

So all in all (and eight thousand words later) I enjoyed staying at Hotel Indigo immensely and will definitely be staying here again at some point in the future. The staff throughout are wonderful and a credit to the establishment; the room was really nice; the breakfast just what you need to set you up for the day.

* Retain those staff at all costs - you have good ones there, Morna especially.
* Take off the automatic service charge policy - people will tip directly anyway.
* Mention on the website that there is a very reasonably priced car park diagonally opposite from the hotel on Rumford St.

Room Tip: Go for the 6th floor if you can - I expect the wooden floors must be quite noisy to the rooms below...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Perch_Original
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a detailed review on your recent stay here with us. We are delighted to receive your positive review and share your feedback with the team.
You have some really nice things to say about the hotel, the breakfast and the service you received here, Morna is a wonderful asset to our team and I am delighted to be able to share your kind words with her and celebrate her excellent service.
Please be assured that I have shared your review with our team and we are grateful for your time taken to share your thoughts with us and other TripAdvisor users. I have also made sure to share your suggestions regarding service charge with the management team.
We look forward to your return to the hotel!

Morecambe, Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on Saturday 11th January. We had previously booked to stay for my birthday in November but my wife was ill and we had to rearrange. The hotel were under no obligation to accept a changed date but helped us out nonetheless. Also, we had paid for a cheap Sunday night stay originally but they allowed us to stay on a Saturday night which should have been more expensive. Very good customer service.

Welcomed by very friendly reception staff every time we entered the reception area. Very proficient staff and knowledgeable of the local area.

Room was well designed and certainly felt fresh and clean. For a chain to recreate a boutique hotel is difficult but IHG have certainly done it here.

The shower is brilliant. Also, great to have some complimentary snacks and drinks in the room on arrival.

Breakfast was what you would expect. Well presented and fresh.

Great hotel, superb city centre location. Would use again for any and all trips to Liverpool.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the hotel, we are delighted to hear your positive comments about the hotel and the staff. I'm glad that we were able to help by amending your reservation to a more suitable date for you and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Delighted to hear that you will be returning in the future and we hope to see you here again soon,

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I booked the Indigo Indulgence package as a surprise for my boyfriend for our five year anniversary. This included a two night stay in an executive room, with buffet breakfast on both mornings and a two course dinner in the Marco Pierre White restaurant on one night of our stay. Indigo is a beautiful hotel. The room was very stylish and modern, and the shower was amazing. As we were in an executive room, we had a complimentary mini bar stocked with wine and beer as well as soft drinks and snacks. The bed was huge and very comfortable, housekeeping came on both days to make up the room and provide fresh towels and toiletries. Breakfast was of great quality, a variety of food on offer and staff were helpful and polite. Our evening meal was excellent, absolutely delicious. We chose from a set menu and decided to pay the extra £6 each to have the steak - which was well worth the extra charge! Everything was cooked to perfection. The hotel was also very accommodating as my boyfriend (when he found out where we were going) had ordered flowers for me to be delivered to the hotel, and the hotel had taken them up to our room ready for our arrival, they also gave us an additional bottle of wine on the house. Hotel is in a great location, easy walking distance to the Quay and the One Shopping Centre. All in all a fantastic anniversary, couldn't recommend the hotel more!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers on Trip Advisor, your good ratings and positive feedback are the best reward the Indigo Liverpool staff could have! We are delighted that you decided to stay here with us for your anniversary and that you enjoyed the facilities within the hotel, particularly the executive room and your meal in the restaurant!
We hope to see you here again soon,