“Not faultless but bloody good......”

Hotel Indigo Liverpool
Ranked #13 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
“Not faultless but bloody good......”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights in this beautiful part of Liverpool City Centre. Parking was reasonable and only a couple of minutes walk away and the hotel entrance was light, clean and vibrant. The staff were great and we were warmly welcomed before being booked in without fuss. The room was very colourful and had been cleaned thoroughly. Everything was great apart from a few minor issues. Neither of the bedside reading lights were working. The free minibar consisted of a bag of crisps, a kit kat, some water and a can of sprite. The finish on the decor was not the best and let the room down slightly. On the plus side, the TV facilities were great, the free wi-fi was lightning fast and the shower was fantastic. The bed itself was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. Regarding the bar facilities, the front bar is rather pointless and could do with improvement. Cans of Guiness in a 4 star hotel is simply not good enough. The main restaurant bar is quite small and the staff were overwhelmed with orders on occassions but they remained efficient and were very friendly. Though I did not have an evening meal I did have breakfast both mornings and it was excellent. The self service buffet was fresh and the hot food was really good. The location of this hotel is perfect for surrounding restaurants, shopping, docks, matthew street.......its all on the doorstep and in the most impressive part of the city in terms of the architecture. It really is quite an amazing city and you wont go wrong with a stay at this inviting hotel. I would have given five stars but just felt that a few minor points let the place down as mentioned but the staff are a credit. Great stay and we will go back.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ian-gwynne77
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review! We are delighted to hear your feedback from your stay in the hotel and your comments on the facilities, breakfast and our friendly team. I am sorry th hear that there were a few niggles with your stay here and I have made sure to share your comments with our Maintenance and Restaurant Managers for review. I am so pleased that you had a chance to explore our neighbourhood, and I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Laura Taylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stage here of a few nights over Christmas. Fantastic place. Stunning rooms and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Had a fantastic mini bar and A fantastic hair dryer. Won't bother bringing mine next time! Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us a review on your recent stay, it is lovely to hear that you chose to stay with us over the festive period! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and have made sure to share your feedback with the team.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon,

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Beautiful hotel, beautiful rooms, nice staff, nice sleep, nice breakfast... I totally recomend this hotel! It has been fantastic my experience in Indigo! Very well located, walking distance to the shopping area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,

We are delighted to receive your positive feedback about your stay here with us, it is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient! Thank you for your recommendations and we hope to see you here again soon,

Hull, UK
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed here for the absolute bargain price of £65 for a nights bed and breakfast on the 1st of January.

Rang ahead as I had made two seperate bookings and asked for adjoining rooms with a connecting door and a cot if possible. Staff on phone very helpful and noted my request before our stay.

Arrived before check in and was told rooms were not ready as we had a specific request which was fair enough as it was new years eve the night before.

Rooms were ready slightly before check in time and we had been given two large rooms with interconnecting door which was great.

Comfortable beds and great furnishings in the rooms, very modern bathrooms which were funky and great toiletries.

Had a great nights sleep and then had breakfast the next morning which was top class. Wonderful quality full english with fresh eggs cooked on request and the rest served buffet style but warm and plenty of it. Really friendly staff when helping us with our boy. Great selection of continental stuff, cereals, fruit too if that is your bag.

Would definitely stay here again, especially at the price we paid, well done indigo, keep it up!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thankyou for leaving us your valuable feedback and positive ratings, we are happy to hear that you were impressed and found the hotel to be value for money whilst still delivering a high standard of service. Your feedback regarding the service from our reception team prior to your arrival, along with the breakfast and friendly staff in the hotel has been shared with the team.

We hope to see you again soon,

Warm regards,

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The rooms are really bright and fresh with all you need from a hotel room. Comfy chair, big bed, and a decent sized desk with all sorts of power points (USB etc). Ladies, don't worry about bringing a hair dryer, the one the hotel provides is very good. There is a free mini bar with soft drinks and snacks that is replensihed everyday. Ironing board and an iron are also provided in each room.

The bathroom is fab. The shower is so nice you will not want to get out and the smellies they provide are Aveda, so a bit more than the usual unknown brand many hotels offer.

The only down side are the number of channels available on the TV, not an issue if you are out and about, but if travelling alone you could get bored with it quite quickly.

The staff are very nice and helpful and you have a choice of two bars and one restaurant. The breakfast is included and is varied with the usual options available as a buffet. For an evening meal you are looking at spending well over £15 for a main. Most meals are near or over £20. So if on a budget this may not be the restaurant for you. But being in such a central location there are plenty of other options. I did eat in the restaurant and the food was very nice.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room, somewhere away from main roads and other noise distraction. I was up on fl...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review and 5 star ratings! We are delighted to hear your feedback from your stay in the hotel and your comments on the facilities available to you, from the good quality hairdryers and toiletries we provide, to the restaurant and breakfast. I have shared your feedback with the team, along with your suggestions regarding the TV channels, and we all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

From the min you walk in , it feels so nice an then the staff are so helpful . The beds are like heaven and wish i could take it home with me ;{ .. I loved the food and the bar was the best stocked bar in liverpool . your so relax fromthe min ur there until you go . I have stay in a couple of rooms here and defo think the exevitve rooms are best and the doubles are very gd . Every time i go liverpool I fight with my self with staying here an also trying new places as you do . I just love this hotel very much . It has so much to offer an will be staying aging . thank you so much for another great visted ;}

Room Tip: the exevitive rooms have a free bar and movies on tap on the tv . very nice bathrooms an all you nee...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thankyou for your review on your stay at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, noting in particular the comfy beds and good service from our team!
We are delighted to hear that you enjoy staying with us so much and we look forward to your next stay here.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I have stayed in many hotels around the world, from the best 5 star establishments to the crummiest no star hovels, and Hotel Indigo in Liverpool must rank as one of the nicest and most welcoming hotels I have ever been to.

From the colourful, almost kitsch exterior, to the welcoming front desk staff, we were made to feel extremely welcome and valued when we arrived. I am rubbish at remembering names for the most part, but one particular member of staff called Morna stood out to me as a wonderful employee and warranted special mention. All three of the desk staff were lovely, but Morna helped make what was a normal weekend away, feel like a really special occasion.

We had room 619 on the top floor and while not a massive room, it was very comfortable and boldly decorated. The bed was perfect; a decent sized tv with many channels including Sky Sports 1 and 2 and a free mini bar, containing a few soft drinks, bottles of water and some snacks - a lovely touch. The best thing however was the immense shower - a huge overhead fixture and a handheld wand, in a cubicle that easily accommodated two people! There is also a speaker linked to the tv in the bathroom but it is fairly quiet and not really audible over the water sound.

The breakfast buffet was on a par with that that I had at the Hilton in Paris a few years ago. I realise a fry up is pretty much the same, regardless of the location, but the choices available here were just what you need to set you up for the day. They have black pudding; real and fresh orange juice; bean to cup coffee and made to order poached eggs etc. In fact, I enjoyed the breakfast a lot more than I did the gourmet food the night previously so if it isn't included in your booking, add it.

The only point of concern with my stay, which I think is company wide and not hotel specific, is their policy of adding an automatic service charge on food. To be fair I noticed it on the evening meal and didn't check to see if the breakfast also included it, but I have already posted my review of the restaurant and only just remembered about it. Of course, you are able to ask for it to be removed and tip directly as we did, should the service etc warrant it - I just find it a very presumptuous practise and not fair to the staff concerned, considering they then get taxed etc on it.

So all in all (and eight thousand words later) I enjoyed staying at Hotel Indigo immensely and will definitely be staying here again at some point in the future. The staff throughout are wonderful and a credit to the establishment; the room was really nice; the breakfast just what you need to set you up for the day.

* Retain those staff at all costs - you have good ones there, Morna especially.
* Take off the automatic service charge policy - people will tip directly anyway.
* Mention on the website that there is a very reasonably priced car park diagonally opposite from the hotel on Rumford St.

Room Tip: Go for the 6th floor if you can - I expect the wooden floors must be quite noisy to the rooms below...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Perch_Original
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a detailed review on your recent stay here with us. We are delighted to receive your positive review and share your feedback with the team.
You have some really nice things to say about the hotel, the breakfast and the service you received here, Morna is a wonderful asset to our team and I am delighted to be able to share your kind words with her and celebrate her excellent service.
Please be assured that I have shared your review with our team and we are grateful for your time taken to share your thoughts with us and other TripAdvisor users. I have also made sure to share your suggestions regarding service charge with the management team.
We look forward to your return to the hotel!