“Cosy yet quirky”

Hotel Indigo Liverpool
Ranked #12 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is the second time I have been to Indigo. First I went with friends and this time with my partner. The rooms are always spotless and are decorated with a unique style.
The hotel is only a short walk to the city centre and Liverpool One. It's an ideal location.
The price is slightly higher than other hotels but well worth it. Also the breakfast is amazing.
I have already booked to come again in February.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive comments and ratings, we are so pleased to hear that this was not your first trip to us and it won't be the last! We are lucky enough to be in such a great location and I'm glad you had a chance to explore the neighbourhood.

See you soon,

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night. Parked opposite the hotel, in the public car park (£10 at weekends for 24hr)
Checked in with no problem, got to room and it was very cold. We tried to increase the heater to 28oc but it defaults to 24 so took a while before we could take our coats off. The room was very clean and the bed is very comfy. The shower is one of the nicest that I've used.
Went down to the bar for a few very tasty cocktails and the bar staff were very friendly. We also had afternoon tea, which was not nice at all and over priced.
A nice stay and great location. I would stay there again but wouldn't pay over £90 for a night.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear guest,

Thankyou for your review on your stay at the hotel, we are delighted that you enjoyed your trip and you found the room comfortable and enjoyed our amazing showers! I'm pleased that you were able to try out a few of our cocktails and I have shared your feedback with the team regarding our friendly bar staff. I am so sorry to hear that you were not impressed with certain aspects of the stay such as Afternoon tea but please be assured that I have forwarded your comments to the relevant departments. With regards to the temperature in the room, out systems automatically default to 24, but our team are happy to help if it doesn't seem to be working.

We hope you will choose to return,

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stay here occasionally with work & it is: Modern, stylish , friendly & just plain nice.
Cannot recommend this highly enough to anyone staying in Liverpool to stay here. The breakfasts are great and the evening dining is great when you get a deal. eg 50%-off, otherwise it's off to the chippy for me!

Room Tip: Are the 05 rooms bigger? Try and see.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank harvey10

Dear guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty as a valued regular guest, we are delighted to receive your feedback from your expericences with us! Thank you for your kind works about the hotel and the team and for your recommendations, I have made sure to share your comments with the hotel staff.

We look forward to your next visit,

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We have just come back from a weekend in Liverpool where we stayed at Hotel Indigo. Lured by good tripadvisor reviews and its price (in comparison to similar hotels) we were not disappointed. Friendly staff, great spacious rooms and tasty breakfast. A few added bonuses like water, soft drinks and chocolate free in the mini bar,double sized shower and music/tv speakers in bathroom.

The hotel is located in a good position a short walk from the docks and a 15 mins walk from the main shopping area. Restaurants and bars are not too far away. We ate in the hotel restaurant (Marco Pierre White's Steak and Grill) which was delicious. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

We are delighted to receive your positive feedback about your stay here with us, it is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient, rooms comfortable and our team friendly. I am also pleased that you chose to dine in the Marco Pierre White Steakhouse and that you were not disappointed!

We look forward to seeing you here again soon,

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed here recently while visiting Liverpool on business. It's a gem of a hotel! Large, bright and airy public areas, but somehow cosy as well. The staff could not have been friendlier throughout all service areas from the beautiful receptionist to the skilled bar staff. The restaurant menu looked great, with some very English classics such as fish & chips, but as I was invited elsewhere for dinner, I didn't eat there although I would have liked to try it.
The rooms are very well appointed; modern, as you might expect for a 'boutique' hotel, albeit somewhat on the small side. The shower was great, offering the normal type of spray shower and a fairly powerful rain shower as well. Free soft drinks were on offer in the room's mini fridge.
On check-in, I was given a pair of deck shoes as part of an initiative to get guests to explore Liverpool on foot - nice touch and thinking outside the box in terms of gimmicks!
Thoroughly recommend a stay here if you're visiting Liverpool. Well located and just a short cab ride from the redeveloped dock area.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the main road, but it was not too noisy as the rooms are well sound proofed. How...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bark-not-bite

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers on Trip Advisor, your good ratings and positive feedback are the best reward the Indigo Liverpool staff could have! We are delighted that you experienced great service from our lovely reception team and also the highly skilled bar staff, and that you were lucky enough to receive a pair of our limited edition shoes! Hopefully next time you have the opportunity to try out the restaurant, but if not you can bring your shoes and go out and explore the neighbouhood!

We hope you'll be back again soon,

Reviewed 21 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend. The car park is about a 2-3 minute walk away, had to ring the hotel to find out where it was though and get directions. Once at the hotel the staff we're very accommodating and friendly, the reception is beautifully decorated with even 2 fish with a note welcoming you.
The room was what we needed, never had a complimentary mini bar before, although no alcohol but the chocolate did go down well...and they even replaced it all again for the 2nd night! The bed was so so comfortable, with all the amenities needed, I even needed to sew on a button and within 2 minutes of making a call to reception I was given a needle and thread.
The TV in the room wasn't working but within...again 2 minutes a handyman was in the room and before our eyes dismantled the tv and got it working..he even gave us tips on good places to visit in Liverpool.
The hotel is walking distance from most tourist attractions including the docks and the famous Matthew Street.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LexH249

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your stay here at Hotel Indigo Liverpool. We are so happy to read your comments and to hear that you were impressed with all we have to offer, in particular the service from our friendly and helpful staff. I have made sure to share your feedback with the entire team.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Reviewed 18 January 2014

My Family and I flew in from our home in Dubai to spend the Christmas week visiting family in Liverpool. We were met with a typical Liverpool welcome , friendly smiles and a very warm welcome. The room deal was excellent and the rooms clean and adequate, the free mini bar was a hit with the kids and a really nice touch. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel the location is fab.
Many thanks to all the staff for providing a great week and looking after us so well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback on your stay, your good ratings and positive feedback are the best reward our team could have! We are delighted that you chose to spend your Christmas here and that you had such a great time. I have made sure to share your feedback and your thanks with the team to celebrate their good service.
Thank you for your recommendations and we hope that you have the opportunity to visit again soon!