“friendy staff, clean rooms”

Hotel Indigo Liverpool
Ranked #13 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Southampton, United Kingdom
“friendy staff, clean rooms”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

staying there on grand national day we arrived early and it was no problem to leave our bags there. everyone was very friendly and helpful. the room was very clean and modern with a rain shower, speaker in the bathroom, heated mirror and many more modern things. overall a great designed room with a very comfortable bed. the breakfast was lovely and a great choice. very nice hotel thank you

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am so happy you enjoyed your visit for the Grand National and that you liked the design and cleanliness of the hotel. It is also great to hear that our team were friendly and helpful! We all hope to welcome you back to Hotel Indigo Liverpool in the near future.

Laura Taylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Cheshire
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I have stayed in hundreds of IHG hotels - many brands many countries - but this was my first stay at an Indigo - which I was led to believe is the 'top of the range' boutique brand.

Well this hotel was a huge disappointment, whilst the staff were pleasant & attentive:

the room was really tiny
furnishings sparse & cheap (only one hard chair & the bed to sit on)
the bed was small
the shower didn't work
there was a noisy air conditioning unit outside the window that sounded like a moped

I expected Crowne Plaza comfort at least but I have stayed in many HI Expresses that offered more luxury and creature comforts than this.

Maybe I was expecting too much - but if you are looking for an IGH hotel in Liverpool, then I would recommend the HI Express on Albert Dock which has brilliant rooms with high ceilings and views over the dock or the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear mfokinth,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We apologize you were not satisfied with the room accommodation you had. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My friend and I had a girlie weekend in Liverpool to attend Ladies day at Aintree. This hotel is two minutes walk to the railway station. Fabulous city hotel, colourful and trendy. The staff from reception, bar and waiting staff, maintenance man, to chamber maids were all helpful, friendly and professional. The food in the hotel is sensibly priced and excellent menu.

I stay in 4 and 5 star hotels all over Europe as a requirement of my job and this hotel is well worth a stay.

Overall the whole experience was amazing. Highly recommended and I will definitely be returning on my next trip to Liverpool.

Five stars excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

I appreciate the time you have taken to review your stay with us for Ladies Day at Aintree Races. I am delighted you enjoyed your time here and am pleased to hear that our team were all friendly and welcoming. Thank you for your recommendations and we look forward to your next stay here with us!

Best wishes,

England
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is a gorgeous hotel situated in the heart of Liverpool, perfect for business or social visits. My partner and I stayed two nights to do some shopping and tourist stuff and couldn't have been happier with our whole experience.

The staff were all very friendly and couldn't do enough to make us feel welcome. Our room was spotlessly clean and well equipped. The iPod dock was a nice touch. We ate in the bar area but again the staff were happy to offer us meals from the restaurant menu too.

We didn't use the hotel gym as the weather was nice and chose to run along the river, which is less than a quarter of a mile away.

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for commenting on your stay with us here at Hotel Indigo Liverpool. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time here and I have made sure to share your feedback with all of our team. I'm also delighted to hear that you were able to take the opportunity to go for a run in our local neighbourhood!
Hope to see you back here again soon,

uk
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a year ago and was impressed but sadly can see how hotel has gone downhill. First room we were given was tiny. The air con did not work neither did lights in bathroom.

Receptionists very friendly and welcoming. The hotel is starting to look a bit tired in places. Also bed and pillows were most uncomfortable.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear pippadoodle,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff. We would like to apologize for the experience you had with your room accommodation and the condition of our hotel fell below your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
winteringham
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The hotel is very convenient for the dock area being about a 5 minute walk away, reception is bright and airy with helpful staff on duty to assist with places of interest. The rooms were clean and well presented and well soundproofed. Breakfast was standard buffet including fruit, cereals cooked and served hot. Parking is just across the road.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for commenting on your stay with us here at Hotel Indigo Liverpool. I am grateful for your kind words and am delighted that you found us conveniently located and you enjoyed the facilities in the hotel. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I bought a voucher online which was excellent value- sparkling afternoon tea for 2 for only £20. This is usually £21 per person so was a real find. I took my mum yesterday for mother's day and my sister came along too. The staff were excellent and so helpful- it really makes all the difference to your experience of a place. They said there had been a mix-up on my booking so they let my sister have afternoon tea too for free and brought her a complimentary glass of Prosecco. The sandwiches and tea were lovely; an assortment of scones, mini eclairs, fruit cake and many more kinds.
We were fortunate to have pleasant weather so sat outside with a lovely view of the Pier Head, Liver Buildings and the beautiful St. Nick's church. The table was a bit wobbly and one of the staff must have noticed through the window so came out straight away with a newspaper to temporarily stop the wobbling, without us even having to ask.
I have stayed over night at Hotel Indigo in 2012 and dined at the Marco Pierre White restaurant too. That was an excellent experience too with plush bedrooms and as I recall, a really good shower!
Thank you to the staff who were working on the hotel bar yesterday for making our afternoon really special.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for leaving us such a positive review on your trip to the hotel for Afternoon Tea; I have made sure to share it with all of our team. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us and were well looked after by our friendly team! We all hope to welcome you back soon.

Kindest Regards,