“Great choice”

Hotel Indigo Liverpool
Ranked #14 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights and I had a lovely stay. The room is small but very nice, the cleaning service is great. The staff was very nice and helpful, the location is also good. I really enjoyed breakfast and I used the gym everyday. I recommend this hotel for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent 3 night stay with us. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and found your room clean and the staff to be helpfu! It is also great that you were able to take advantage of our facilities and make use of the gym whilst you were here.
We all hope to welcome you back to Hotel Indigo Liverpool in the near future,

Laura Taylor

Write a ReviewReviews (2,552)

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights over the bank holiday weekend with a hen group of 12. When we arrived check in was easy and we found our rooms easily although the corridor was confusing. When we were in reception and saw how nice it was I was expecting great things for the room but I was slightly disappointed. The room had everything you wanted however ours was smaller than a few of the others girls but we had the same extras. There was a table, a big comfy chair and a footstool next to one side of the bed but the room was too small for it all. There wasn't much room to get in and out of the bed. The furniture was not needed. The wardrobe space wasn't great. The drawers which were inside meant there wasn't enough room to hang anything freely it just rested on top of the drawers. The tea tray and mini fridge also took up a lot of room which meant there was less for our clothes. The shower didn't drain properly and when I washed my hair it flooded the bathroom as the shower tray was very shallow. In the end I had to keep turning the shower off and waiting for the water to drain and then start again. Breakfast was ok but I've had better in cheaper chain restaurants. Poor quality sausages, only scrambled eggs no other options. I was expecting a lot more variety for the price. Also not impressed with having to carry my breakfast up stairs to eat and come back down if I needed anything else. The hotel is in a great location however there is a cheaper chain restaurant on the same street and I wished we had used this instead.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us here at Hotel Indigo Liverpool as part of a hen party. I am very sorry to hear that overall you were disappointed with the hotel. I have made sure to share your feedback and suggestions regarding the room facilities and breakfast with our management team to ensure we are always maintaining our high standards and hope that you would consider us for any future trips to the city.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights as a party of 10 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Rooms were very modern and clean. Complimentary mini bar was a nice touch. We did have dinner on our first night which was ok but not special enough to warrant the cost. Food and drinks were very expensive. Plenty of restaurants nearby better value for money. All in all though the hotel was well situated and the staff very friendly. Be careful when you arrive in the car park very easy to get lost and a bit of a challenge to find the exit nearest the hotel. Park as near to the main exit as possible.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for commenting on your stay with us here at Hotel Indigo Liverpool. I am so pleased that you and your party enjoyed your time here and I have made sure to share your feedback with all of our team. I have also made sure to share your comments regarding our restaurant with the Restaurant Manager. Many thanks for your recommendations on parking; you are right that it is such a big car park, it is best to park near the main entrance or risk getting lost!
We all hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Indigo is just on the northern edge of the city centre and docks area, 3 minutes from the Liver Building.
The room was modern, clean and interesting, with a lovely cotton reel colour motif. The showers were drench heads with plenty of water, just the way I like them.
Breakfast was a fairly standard, but good quality, buffet and staff were happy to talk additional orders for thing like poached egg (which was excellent).
The bar was friendly with well made cocktails.
The location was good with the Pierhead only a few minutes walk away, and Albert Dock a few minutes beyond that. A good range of restaurants within 10 minutes walk as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us here at Hotel Indigo Liverpool. I am so pleased you enjoyed you stay with us and that your room was clean and comfortable, you enjoyed breakfast and you found us conveniently located for city centre attractions.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We turned our day trip to Liverpool into an overnight stay to extend the time we had to explore the city the following day. I chose the Hotel Indigo from the many hotels available in the city because I had not used the brand before and it seemed a good idea to take the opportunity to try it. All in all I was not disappointed, the staff were friendly, professional and helpful the room was spacious, clean and comfortable and it is situated in on ideal location.
My only complaints, the corridors to the rooms seem to echo, footsteps and talking are amplified sounding louder than they actually are. The bar area is too small with a poor selection of beers. The food whilst excellent both in quality and presentation is expensive, I also object to paying a service charge and then invited to add a gratuity, I do not mind paying for a good meal or tipping for good service but this I feel is a little over the top.
Complaints over, I have to say I liked the hotel, it's styling and it's ambience but there are a lot of other hotels in Liverpool providing a similar experience, it therefore needs to be more competitive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for commenting on your stay with us after choosing to extend your day trip to Liverpool. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel and found our team friendly and professional and the rooms clean and comfortable. I appreciate your constructive comments regarding the corridor noise and also the restaurant and have made sure to share them with our management team for review. I truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed here for 1 night in July 2012 for my birthday and I was very pleased with the stay. The room was spacious, modern and clean and came with all the necessary amenities. The bed was very comfortable, but the best part of this room was the waterfall shower. The floor-to-ceiling windows are also a nice touch and the distance to the bars/restaurants and Liverpool ONE shopping centre was not too far, within walking distance. We also ate in the Marco Pierre White restaurant located inside the hotel which was very nice and I would recommend eating in here. There is a nice café next to the hotel where we ate for breakfast, and took some more food out with us from their salad bar. I would not hesitate in staying here when I visit Liverpool.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us, we are delighted that you chose to spend your birthday here! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room - particularly the rainfall shower, and that you had the chance to dine in our restaurant. Many thanks for the positive ratings and we all hope to see you back here again soon,

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I'm a big fan of Liverpool and the intercontinental group which hotel indigo is part of.
The restaurant is lovely and both dinner and breakfast was excellent.
Gorgeous rooms and friendly staff makes this a definite place to stop In this fun and vibrant city.
Go. Enjoy!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our Marco Pierre White Steakhouse for dinner. I have made sure to share your kind words with our team regarding the rooms and their friendliness and we all hope to see you here again soon!