“Good base for a weekend in liverpool”

Hotel Indigo Liverpool
Ranked #12 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here for 40th birthday celebration, the room was very clean, good size, nice touch of snacks and soft drinks complimentary in the minibar, room has good facilities, safe, tea/coffee, ironing board, iPod docking station, aveda products etc. We had a meal in the grill house at night which was very good, the hotel also arranged cake, balloons, table confetti which was reasonably priced. Breakfast was excellent, self service, plenty of choice, cooked and continental. We parked at the Capitol car park 2 mins walk from the hotel which cost £7 for 24 hours, again we think very reasonable for city centre parking.
Would definitely recommend the hotel and look to return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank northroph
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us as part of a 40th Birthday celebration! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with all aspects of the hotel. We all hope to welcome you back to Hotel Indigo Liverpool in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Liverpool

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Immaculately clean, with the use of lovely furnishings and bright interior aiding the character of this boutique chain. But the personality of the staff does not equate with that of the hotel - dull in comparison.

Only used the room but the bar, outside seating area and breakfast area looked great shame I had to make a swift exit to work & not able to enjoy these facilities.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our decor and furnishings bright and clean. I am very disappointed to hear that you were not equally as impressed with our team as they are all chosen for their vibrant and friendly personalities. I can assure you that this is certaily not our usual standard of service and I have made sure to share your comments with management team. Once again thank you for your time and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Just stayed one night in this hotel after a night out. From the minute we checked in, everything was great. Very friendly and helpful reception staff, Room was quite small, but ok for one night. Lovely big walk in shower and nice complimentary toiletries. However the best thing about this hotel was the BED!! One of the THE best, most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Breakfast in the morning was delicious. Plenty of choice, full English, fresh fruits, yogurts, cereals, pastries, toast and lovely fresh coffee. The only slight grumble would be that the plates weren't cleared promptly even though there were about 4 staff standing around so we ended up with dirty plates on the table for about 30 mins. All in all a very high quality hotel with lots of little touches that make it a little bit more special. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for leaving us such a positive review. I have made sure to share it with all of our team. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us and am delighted that you were paticularly impressed with our comfy beds! I have to agree with you on that one!
I have also made sure to share your comments with our Restaurant Manager regarding the slow service at breakfast.
So glad to hear you would stay again and we all hope to welcome you back soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Business hotels. Usually same old same old. The Indigo brand seem to have cracked this nut. Refreshing and enjoyable Good location and the restaurant food was great. Helpful staff and great banter at the bar made for an enjoyable stay. Stayed in a Marriott the following night and back to same old same old tired and left back in the 1980's.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us here at Hotel Indigo Liverpool. We are delighted to hear your positive comments on our hotel and our brand as we really try to create a vibrant and original experience for our guests.
We hope that you'll choose us as your place to stay when next visiting the city,

Best wishes,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was a nice hotel with nice, large rooms and very comfortable beds. Clean rooms and very friendly staff. The breakfast buffet which was included was very good. There were some noise from other guests which woke us up during the night, but all in all a good hotel experience. Walking distance to city centre and Albert Docks.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmilDaBoda

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and I have made sure to share your kind words with all of our team. I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by noise from other guests but am pleased that this did not affect your stay here too much.
We all look forward to seeing you here again soon,

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I normally stay in the Radisson Blu, but it was booked out for this trip. I was unsure of how this hotel would be, but I think it's pretty good. The room is smaller than at the Radisson, but is perfectly formed. It has a massive shower with overhead huge spray head and a heated mirror - it's the small touches that count after all! The room had a large tv to which you could attach music/laptop etc to if you had the right lead with you. The mini bar offered 2 free bottles of water and a chocolate bar which was a lovely touch as well. Breakfast was delicious and had a good selection of hot and cold stuff. There was even a small gym with very good machines. The room was immaculate and the staff were very helpful at all times. The only downside was the view out of the window, which looked straight into an office block and slightly hard pillows!

Would I stay here again? Definitely. Think I may well book it instead of the Radisson next time!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jenny_hippo

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for commenting on your stay with us here at Hotel Indigo Liverpool and for your excellent ratings. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time here and I have made sure to share your feedback with all of our team. We certainly hope to be your prefered hotel when visiting the city and we hope to see you back here next time!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I used this hotel whilst in Liverpool on business. The hotel was in an ideal location for the office and I had breakfast included. The room was very spacious but I had booked a room with a double bed and was given two singles. As I was only there one night I did not mind on this occasion but would of changed rooms if I had been there longer.

I found the room to be very noisy. The rooms have wooden floors and you can here everyone walking around which I don't think is ideal in a hotel. It is bad enough when there are carpets on the floor but wooden floors I don't like in hotels.

The restaurant downstairs had a fair menu and was a reasonable price.

I would recommend the hotel for short stays due to its location and price and will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor so you don't have anyone walking around above you.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent trip to the hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be well located for your stay here. I appreciate your feedback concerning the noisy flooring in the rooms and have made sure to share inform our management team. Unfortunately this is one of our brand standards but we can certaily allocate you to a room on the top floor to avoid any noise from the room above.
Once again thank you for your time and we all look forward to your return,

Kind Regards,