“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed for 5 days during recent British Open golf. Great room and very good service from all the staff. Would definitely stay there again and recommend to others. Good access to the city and to train services (just around the corner). Even the scrambled eggs in the buffet breakfast were good (a rarity in my experience).
clem - sydney, australia

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank clem d
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear guest,

I am delighted to receive your very positive review and to hear that you were impressed with the service here, the rooms and breakfast. Thank you for your recommendations and we all hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Laura Taylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
East Sussex, United Kingdon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed just one night. The open hold was on so the room was £209. That's expensive for a normal room but I appreciate the supply & demand way that hotels are priced. Emily on reception was representative of the welcoming, friendly, well presented nature of the staff. I had no complaints at all..other than the price

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
3 Thank David J
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and I have made sure to share your kind words with our team, especially Emily who is a wonderful asset to the team! We all hope to welcome you back soon.

Christchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

What a nice hotel, stayed two nights, great room, view not great but it is City Centre, didn't really matter because we didn't spend too much time in the room anyway, but it was very comfortable and finished nicely. Very clean, and easy to use features.

Staff nice particularly on reception, bar fellas could do with cheering up, but they do work long shifts and have to deal with rude customers far too often.

We enjoyed it, and wouldn't hesitate to go again.
Great effort guys.

Sleep Quality
3 Thank Steve R
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, we are so pleased that you enjoyed staying here. I'm glad you found our reception team so friendly and I have made sure to share your comments on the bar team with the Restaurant Manager.
We all hope to see you here again soon,

Best wishes,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have stayed at the Hotel indigo Liverpool and had a wonderful stay. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful. Hotel is very clean and the facilities we used are exceptionally good. We are impressed by the level of service. Would definitely stay in this Hotel again and highly recommend to my friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
2 Thank Farooq B
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and I am grateful for your kind words of recommendation. We are delighted that you would stay here again and we all hope to welcome you back soon.

Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here for one night to attend a dinner. Booked directly online for cheapest price. Room were ok size and perfect for one night stay. Had all usual amenities. Air conditioning in our room was quite loud.
Breakfast was a bit of shambles since long queues and a bit disorganised.
Car parking was a few minutes walk from the hotel in a general car park but you get discounted overnight rates if you get your car park ticket stamped by the hotel front desk on check out.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter.
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank dselvan
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate your constructive comments regarding the air con and breakfast and have made sure to share them with our management team. I truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Leicestershire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

As a seasoned business travelleer I have stayed in a great many hotels, and have to spend a few nights each week away from home and family .
My work has taken me to Liverpool for the last 18 months and after staying in and around the area in a variety of hotels I happened upon the Indigo at the recommendation of a colleague.
What a recommendation this turned out to be !

For the last 16 months I have stayed at the Indigo every week beacuse, as the review title suggests, it is simply faultless. The decor, comfort,quality, location, value and any other criteria you care to mention, measure favourably against all the other other hotels I've ever experienced. The key factor though and where the Indigo surpasses them all is it's people. Being away from home regularly can be a soulless experience but the team at the Indigo have never failed to make me feel welcome and, more importantly, genuinely valued.
The General Manager Steph has put together a team who are slick, efficient and friendly and not in a forced , manufactured way but because it is in their nature to be so. You cant buy a great attitude but if you could the team would be worth a fortune.
Laura, Lotty, Nicola, Gary and co. on reception, Reggie , James and colleagues in the bar, Stephen and the reastaurant staff and all the others at the Indigo have made the last 15 months an absolute pleasure and I am genuinely grateful for their kindness, attention and friendship.
My job in Liverpool has finished now and I checked out for the last time this morning with a heavy heart. I will be back though, whether it be for business or pleasure I will definately come back to this great city and most certainly back to this fantastic hotel.
Tim

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tim L
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for commenting on your time here with us, we are delighted to recieve your review and I have shared it with all of our team here. I am grateful for your kind words concerning our team and hotel and we are delgihted to hear you say that we are 'Simply Faultless'.
We try our best to make sure that our hotel feels like a home away from home, especially for regular guest who spend so much time here! Our team always go out of their way to offer great service and I am delighted that they have made you feel so valued and welcome.
I have shared your kind comments with Steph, Lottie, Nicola, Gary, Reggie, James, Stephen and all of our team here and we are all delighted to have been able to look after you whilst you were here.
We hope you'll be back for a leisure/business visit soon!

Best wishes,

Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Have just stayed in the Hotel Indigo and I must say we were really impressed with the hotel and the staff. On arrival at reception we were greeted by really friendly staff who apologised that we couldn't get our room yet because it wasn't ready. There was no way we even expected to get our room as it was only 9am(we had an early flight). They took our cases for us and offered to text or ring if I left my number to let us know the room was ready. we said this wasn't necessary as we were going into town anyway. On arrival back at the hotel later we went to collect our bags and found they had already been taken to the room for us.
The room was very comfortable with a complimentary min bar which had water, soft drinks, Kitkat and fresh milk.
The meals in the restaurant were good and the staff very pleasant and attentive.
Asked the girl on reception to book us a taxi which she did. When it was a couple of minutes late she came to tell us she had phoned them to check and the taxi was on its way. Was very impressed by this level of service.
All in all a great hotel, fantastic staff and in a very convenient location. Would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

1 Thank wilsey
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review on your stay at the hotel. You have some really nice things to say about us and we are grateful that you have shared your feedback for others to see. I am very pleased to hear that you were so impressed with the service provided by our team - from check in and collecting your bags, to calling a taxi for you and I have made sure to share these comments with our team.
Many thanks for your recommendations and we are delighted that you would return to us, hopefully soon!