“Gorgeous”

Ranked #11 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Vivid hues used in decoration makes this place feel very fresh, our room was very vibrant, staff laid on a card, balloon and chocolate strawberries for my birthday which was very much appreciated.

Lots of great quality food for breakfast, I loved the nutty museli. The only whinge was a server at breakfast we felt was 'looking us up and down' a bit and asked if we were staying because we were on an offer! (This was out of the blue so I felt a little uncomfortable)

Overall very welcoming, clean and a departure from the boring chain hotels.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
Dear guest,

I am delighted to receive your review and hear that you stayed for your birthday; we're glad you liked the card and chocolate dipped strawberries in the room! I am happy you also enjoyed breakfast in the morning. I am very disappointed to hear however that one of our breakfast servers made you feel uncomfortable and I have made sure to share your comments with the Restaurant Manager; I can assure you that this is not indicative of our usual standards.
I hope we see you back here again soon,

Kind Regards,

Laura Taylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Corby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel was spoless very clean and modern.. the reception staff were lovely and helpfull.. my only problem with a fantasic hotel was the space in the room there wasnt enough space for us to unpack. specially in the bathroom. we were there for 2 nights and there was plenty of draws but just not enough surface space..we were there the hotest weekend of the year but the a/c in the room was perfect and it was on when we arrive which was ideal.. wonderful stay..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback on your recent stay here, I am delighted to hear that the hotel was spotless and our reception team were helpful! It is also great to hear that the air conditioning was great and was left on in preperation for your arrival. I have made sure to share your comments regarding the space in the room and I hope that this wouldn't deter you from staying with us again.

Lanark, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

one night at this hotel in August - definitely would stay here again

Room was stylish and very comfortable

Food (breakfast) was excellent - next time I must try the Marco Pierre White restaurant for dinner

Staff very welcoming and friendly

Easy walk from Lime Street Station (though I confess to getting a taxi back the morning after !)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your review on your stay here, we are very pleased to hear that you will definitely be back! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and found our team to be friendly, at least you can use MPW as an excuse to return and dine with us next time!
We hope to see you soon,

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend go around the UK and experience the major cities. We stay in hotels of similar value and quality as Hotel Indigo. Usually we are disappointed by dirty rooms or poor service. We cannot say that about this Hotel. It was great from start to finish. The staff were friendly and the room was tidy. The rooms aren't massive but they aren't small, comfortable bedding, the bathrooms are great and the shower is epic. My only criticism of the entire stay is that the vanity mirror has a light around it and when I was doing my hair in the mirror I lent on it and it was pretty hot. Other than that we had a really enjoyable stay. One night we are at the MPW restaurant, at first the staff were slow to see to is, but once they did acknowledge us they were friendly and the food on the set menu was lovely and great value for money. Complimentary diet coke, sprite, crisps and kit Kat were a real bonus.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robb S
Dear guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay here with us, I am very pleased that you found our hotel so impressive, from our friendly team to the comfortable rooms and rainfall showers. I am sorry to hear that the light on the bathroom mirror was hot and I have made sure to inform our maintenance team. We are delighted to be able to share your review with our team and celebrate their efforts and we all hope to see you here again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very clean, modern and bright. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The room was on the small side with a lovely view of a flat roof and an office, but was nicely decorated. There were a few things that let it down though. There was nowhere to hang anything long in the wardrobe, there was nowhere to put suitcases and the bed was very soft.

Breakfast was a good choice and all the food was decent quality (not sure about the value frozen sausages comments) the coffee machine is in a silly place and is likely to cause an accident at some point.

Going for the executive room wasn't worth it and the information on the hotel website is not clear enough about this.

We ate at the on site Marco Pierre White restaurant We didn't want the very restricted menu offered as part if our package so we were offered an allowance against the a la carte menu which was a nice alternative. The food was excellent, although the main course portions were small. Wine in the restaurant was overpriced. We had a bottle of Malbec at £27 which wasn't worth more than about £18 (first time I've seen a bottle if wine cheaper from room service!) we managed to spent £90 on dinner over and above the allowance without pushing the boat out

Overall I don't want to sound too negative. I was just left thinking that the whole thing was a bit pricey. I would think twice about staying here again, not because there was anything wrong, but just because I don't think it was value for money.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JAT79
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay here with us. I am pleased to hear that you found our team friendly, breakfast good, and you appreciated the alternative choice in our restaurant.
I am so sorry to hear however that our high standards were not maintained throughout your stay. I have made sure to share your feedback with our management team. I am grateful for your candid comments as I truly feel it will allow us to target specific areas of our hotel and ensure that we are delivering only the best standards and services. I am disappointed that you thought our hotel was not value for money and will ensure that this is reviewed by our team.
We all hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Another great stay with friends. Visiting the gorgeous city of Liverpool for Pride. Hotel excellent again, where the rooms are spotless, breakfast great and staff really embrace an excellent customer service ethos. Really friendly place to stay and highly recommend. Well done to all the staff for making your hotel stand out from the rest. See you all again

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. We are delighted to read your comments and hear that found our staff to be friendly and really make our hotel stand out from the rest!
Your positive review is a great opportunity to celebrate our staff and their hard work and we are grateful for the time you have taken to give us your feedback.
We look forward to your next visit!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at this IHG hotel on 6.8.2014 and had dinner in the hotel's Marco Pierre White restaurant on the ground floor.The service was the best I have recieved at any hotel,which includes hotels in the UK,USA,Canada,Singapore,China and Australia.I was served an excellent 3 course set menu for under £20 and a pint of beer and glass of wine in under an hour.All the staff in the hotel were welcoming and the room facilities and Breakfast were first rate.If you are staying in central Liverpool this is the place to stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank trainspotter2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for commenting on your stay with us. We are extremely proud to hear that you thought the service from our team was so wonderful and that you were impressed with the value for money in the restaurant along with the speed of service. Our team always go out of their way to offer great service and I am delighted that they were so helpful to you, I have made sure to share your lovely feedback with everyone here.
I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon,