“Excellent centrally located hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Indigo Liverpool

Hotel Indigo Liverpool
Ranked #12 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
“Excellent centrally located hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed here following a friends wedding. Excellent hotel, great staff and a large comfy room with everything you need.

The room had clean lines and a funky decor, I would definitely stay here again.

There is parking close by and the Mersey is at the bottom of the road, there are an ambulance of places to eat in the area and lots going on

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
GuestRelationsHIL, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for commenting on your stay with us following your friend's wedding. I am pleased you enjoyed your night here and that you would definitely return for a second stay!
We all hope to welcome you back soon.

Best Wishes,

Laura Taylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Indigo for the first time last night and really enjoyed it. It is very modern and a little quirky, but spotlessly clean and the staff are great. Fantastic central location, near the station / shops / restaurants etc. great spot with definitely stay again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,

I am delighted to receive your very positive review on you first stay here and have made sure to share all of your lovely comments with our team. I am happy you will definitely return to us and we all hope to see you soon!

Kind Regards,

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

The hotel lobby and bar are definitely underwhelming and of questionable taste... but taste is what it is.

There is a thin line between pride to work in a nice hotel and arrogance, and some members of staff at reception seemed to fall into the latter unfortunately.

However, once you get into your room that's a whole different story. They are absolutely wonderful, and very tastefully decorated. Everything exhudes quality and comfort. Great bed and pillows, great shower, wonderful Aveda amenities. Even the hair dryer is of very high quality. The breakfast is equally excellent. And the towels are plush. The rooms are really fantastic.

The service however needs to improve. A friend had wanted to send some champagne to the room, as a celebration. After 3 phones calls (with a promise of a call back which was not fulfilled) plus a couple of emails, my friend managed to get confirmation that the champagne would be sent, for this was a special celebration. Well, not only did the champagne not get delivered, the member of staff at reception stated it had been.

Later in the evening when I got back to the hotel and asked about it, the member of staff at reception told me to go the room and check whether it had been delivered. How it was up to me to check whether they had finally managed to do their job is beyond me.

Finally, they recognised they had made a mistake and refunded my friend. However, this was all rather unnecessary for this should be a pretty straightforward request. Which, on top of everything, had been paid for.

Staff need perhaps more (better?) training but the hotel is very well located and the rooms are trully excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay here with us, I am very pleased to hear that you were impressed with your room and the quality of the amenities and facilities provided.
It is very disappointing to hear however that you had some service issues whilst staying here and that your friend's request was not fulfilled. The service you experienced throughout your stay in relation to this is certainly not indicative of our usual standards and I would like to assure you that I have spoken with both our Reservations Manager regarding the initial request, and our Front of House Manager regarding the service from our team. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this issue further on laura.taylor@hotelindigoliverpool.com
I truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future,

Best wishes,

Middlesex, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Rooms where very well maintained and comfy although very small. May be my American mentality though. Extremely bright use of colors. After three days there very overwhelming. The chicken tikka masala from room service was excellent and complimentary breakfast had wide variety of options in hot and cold. Staff are very helpful and pleasant. Great proximity to businesses and restaurants but pleasantly off beaten path to allow for peace when you want it.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, despite the bright colours becoming overwhelming for you after a few days.
I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your tikka masala for room service and that you also enjoyed breakfast and I have shared your lovely comments regarding the hotel and our team with everyone here.
We all hope to welcome you back soon.

Best Wishes,

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The staff at this hotel are fantastic. Check in and restaurant were both lovely. The room itself was lovely. Very modern, bright colours, wooden floors, lovely waterfall shower and free mini bar.

The only downside of the hotel is the paper thin walls. My neighbour was wearing heels and was walking around the room and it woke me up. Then later the room was being cleaned and I thought the Hoover was in my room it was so loud.

Breakfast was quite good with both full English and pastries and cereal.

Putting the noise aside I would still stay here again!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased you liked your room and all of the amenities available and I have shared your praise of our team with everyone here.
I am sorry to hear that there were some noise issues in the room and I have forwarded your comments to our Maintenance Manager.
We all hope to welcome you back soon,

Best wishes,

Adlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

As soon as you walk into the Indigo it puts a smile on your face. The décor is extremely bright and perhaps not to everyone's taste, but it make a refreshing change.

We arrived at 11.00 am with a view to simply dropping our case off but was told our room was available for check in, which was a lovely surprise. The reception staff were friendly and more than happy to ring for taxis etc. It was also a lovely touch to be greeted by Liverpudlian accents as many of the hotels we now stay in seem only to employ overseas staff.

Our room on the 5th floor was everything we had expected from the website and more. Safe, fridge, flat screen TV, ample wardrobe space, tea and coffee making facilities. The bathroom was spotlessly clean (as is all the hotel) and had a wonderful rainfall walk in shower, perfect for us oldies.

The coffee bar is at the front of the hotel and while on the small side serves wonderful hot, tasty coffee at a very reasonable price.

A special mention has to go to Tom who made us wonderful cocktails in the evening, a breakfast martini to die for. Thank you Tom not only for excellent cocktails but for an excellent conversation.

The hotel is very handy for Albert Dock and Liverpool 1, and the Hop on Hop Off bus stop is literally outside the hotel, could not be more convenient.

Highly recommended hotel, but you might need your sunglasses for both the décor and the brightness of the staff's smiles.

Only downside was we were very disappointed in the Pierre Marco White restaurant, would recommend you dine elsewhere until something is done about the standard of the food. See separate review.

Room Tip: All rooms looked excellent we stayed in 516 we would could not fault.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay here at Hotel Indigo Liverpool, we are so pleased that you enjoyed staying here and have rated us 5 stars. I'm glad you liked the décor, I have to agree it makes a refreshing change! It's great to hear that our reception team were able to check you in early and were friendly throughout your stay and it is also lovely to be able to share your kind comments with Tom. He is a wonderful asset to our team and I am very pleased that he not only made excellent cocktails, but also provided some good conversation!
I'm sorry to hear that your experience in Marco Pierre White was not what you expected and I have made sure to pass your comments on to our Restaurant Manager and Head Chef for immediate review.
We're so pleased that you'll be recommending us and and we hope to see you soon.

Kind regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed for 3 nights whilst the Giants were visiting Liverpool. The staff, who were very welcoming and professional handled the business of the weeeknd very well. The room and landing areas of each floor were colour-themed and gave the place a contemporary feel. Our room along with other public areas was spotlessly clean and comfortably fitted however the bathroom could have done with a little more storage /shelf space for toiletries and personal items.
The buffet style breakfasts were of good quality and the dishes frequently being replenished as and when necessary; there was plenty of choice ~ it was lovely to see a range of cheeses, thickly cut ham together with smoked salmon for those who didn't want the usual cooked breakfast.
A short walk to the main shopping area and about 15 minutes from Lime Street railway station. It was pleasant to walk along the waterfront to the docks which was relatively close. All in all a very comfortable hotel in which to stay for a weeeknd break.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
Dear guest,

I appreciate the time you have taken to review your stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your time here and I have made sure to share your kind words with all of our team. We are pleased that you found our team professional and friendly and you liked or locally inspired theme. It is also great that you were able to take advantage of our breakfast and that you were impressed with the quality and the selection available.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Indigo Liverpool in the near future.

Kind regards,