“A hidden gem”

Ranked #309 of 1,680 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Good for: View, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated on the top floor of Merseyside Maritime Museum, the Maritime Dining Room offers modern regional food made in-house by our team of talented, award winning chefs. Our menus use locally sourced ingredients and are updated regularly to make the most of fresh seasonal produce. Afternoon tea Our delicious and decadent afternoon tea includes a selection of savoury modern favourites, delicious homemade cakes and delicate patisserie, accompanied by freshly baked fruit scones served with homemade fruit conserve and fresh cream. Afternoon tea is served with an individual pot of loose leaf tea. If you want to indulge or celebrate, why not add a quarter bottle of prosecco or seasonal cocktail? Sunday roasts Sundays are always best spent catching up with family and friends over a delicious roast dinner. Why not relax and enjoy our two course Sunday roast, while taking in the stunning waterfront views and letting the conversation flow? We offer a choice of Sunday roasts including traditional roast beef with crisp Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and seasonal vegetables. Follow your Sunday roast with your favourite dessert, such as our fabulously indulgent sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce.
Bishops Stortford
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

A very spacious comfortable restaurant with great views over the docks (restaurant on 4th floor). The food was excellent and reasonably priced and the service was excellent. If you are visiting Liverpool docks, don't go to the little snack cafes, go straight here.

Southport
“Great place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Lovely space with great views. Attentive staff and offering a varied selection of good value food and drinks. The dining rooms have a real ocean liner feel about them. Well worth a visit.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great Pitstop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

This dining room is tucked away on the fourth floor of this great museum .The staff were excellent and our waitress Emma was very helpful .The food was really great and the views stunning . My Dad said it was the best scone he has ever had and we loved the light bite options .

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A restaurant with great food, attentive staff and wonderful views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

There isn't much I didn't enjoy about my recent visit to the Dining Rooms, great decor and atmosphere, loved the music and the very attentive staff. There was a young lady with dark hair who was particularly helpful, she had vast knowledge of the menu and gave wonderful recommendations for me and my husband to try. I had the mini ploughman's sandwich which I believe was served on bread made fresh by their very own chefs every morning with home made piccalilli and my husband had the black pudding which is also made there, served with Grandma's secret recipe brown sauce. Our lunch was a delight and to top it all of I was pleasantly surprised when our tea arrived to discover it was real loose leaf tea. I can certainly say we will be returning. I have my heart set on one of their afternoon teas!

durham uk
“Gorgeous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Delicious food, lovely, attentive staff and fabulous views over the dock, what more could you ask for??

Visited July 2013