“1st Time "Dining Experience"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #295 of 1,651 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated on the top floor of Merseyside Maritime Museum, the Maritime Dining Room offers modern regional food made in-house by our team of talented, award winning chefs. Our menus use locally sourced ingredients and are updated regularly to make the most of fresh seasonal produce. Afternoon tea Our delicious and decadent afternoon tea includes a selection of savoury modern favourites, delicious homemade cakes and delicate patisserie, accompanied by freshly baked fruit scones served with homemade fruit conserve and fresh cream. Afternoon tea is served with an individual pot of loose leaf tea. If you want to indulge or celebrate, why not add a quarter bottle of prosecco or seasonal cocktail? Sunday roasts Sundays are always best spent catching up with family and friends over a delicious roast dinner. Why not relax and enjoy our two course Sunday roast, while taking in the stunning waterfront views and letting the conversation flow? We offer a choice of Sunday roasts including traditional roast beef with crisp Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and seasonal vegetables. Follow your Sunday roast with your favourite dessert, such as our fabulously indulgent sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“1st Time "Dining Experience"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I visited the Maritime Dining Rooms on Friday 13th June, this was my first visit to the restaurant. I was met by friendly, welcoming staff, in a warm environment. The service was excellent and the staff polite and friendly in particular a young man John. Drinks service was efficient, yet an apology was offered for the delay. A nice touch. I ordered the "Scouse" feeling obliged to order the local dish on my 1st visit to the city. The dish was appropriately portioned with a wedge of bread and pickled red cabbage, tender and tasty. I would highly recommend a visit to the "Dining Rooms" and Will be making a return visit before my departure. Lovely staff, friendly atmosphere and excellent food.

1 Thank Sean T

Livermore, California
“afternoon tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I have visited Liverpool several times in the last couple of years and every year without fail I go to the Maritime for my lunch. Today I had alread eaten after being on the Beatles walk (a must do) so I thought to my self, I will just have a light bite. I headed to the maritime and orders one of the afternoon teas that I had seen advertised. the service was fast and very friendly I must say. when the afternoon tea arrived it was spectacular, looked stunning! I would highly recommend this to anyone, 10/10 I will be returning before I head back to my home in California on Wednesday

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Disappointing Afternoon Tea experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I had been to the Maritime Dining Rooms several times in the past and thoroughly enjoyed it, having recommended it to a lot of my friends. However this time was a bit of a disappointment.
We had been on an outing in the City and went to the Maritime to round off the day with Afternoon Tea, which I had enjoyed there before.
The restaurant was very quiet and having taken our seats and ordered, our tea and coffee were brought quite quickly. The food, however, did not appear for at least another 10 minutes, by which time the drinks had been consumed. I asked for a coffee refill but was told that I would have to pay extra for it, even though I pointed out the wait between drinks and food. I was quite abruptly asked if I had requested for the drinks and food to arrive together, to which I replied that I had not been given the choice but assumed that the timing would be closer!
We did not see another member of staff then until 5pm when we were told the museum was closing and we would have to leave. No bill had been provided and nobody had checked if everything was ok - it would have been difficult to complain if it hadn't, due to the lack of staff.
Needless to say I didn't leave a tip and won't be recommending the place again, which is a shame as I have always enjoyed it there in the past.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mo_Wid_52
Chester
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Breathtaking views for a spot of lunch after walking round the Albert Dock. Sunday lunch looks amazing so we'll be back to try it. Very reasonable prices.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Good value lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We visited here after doing the Mersey Tunnel tour. The restaurant is located on the fourth floor of the Maritime Museum with a good view of the Albert Dock and beyond. It was quite busy this Saturday lunchtime but the service was efficient and pleasant. We were looking for a light lunch and most chose soup or a soup with a wrap although one of our party chose the peri chicken and the sixth hummus. The soup and hummus were clearly freshly made and all the meals were well cooked and presented. I would recommend this restaurant as a convenient lunch venue when visiting the Albert Dock or other waterfront attractions in Liverpool.

Visited March 2014