“World class”

Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Good for: View
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated on the top floor of Merseyside Maritime Museum, the Maritime Dining Room offers modern regional food made in-house by our team of talented, award winning chefs. Our menus use locally sourced ingredients and are updated regularly to make the most of fresh seasonal produce. Relax and enjoy our two course Sunday roast, taking in the stunning waterfront views and historic setting. We offer a choice of Sunday roasts including traditional roast beef with crisp Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and seasonal vegetables. Follow your Sunday roast with your favourite dessert, such as our fabulously indulgent sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce. Fancy a treat? Our delicious and decadent afternoon tea includes a selection of savoury modern favourites, delicious homemade cakes and delicate patisserie, accompanied by freshly baked fruit scones served with homemade fruit conserve and fresh cream.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“World class”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Had our wedding reception in here, they did a world class job catering for 170 people! Couldn't have asked for more!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank richardson27

Cheshire
“A wonderful spot for afternoon tea”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I had pre booked a table for afternoon tea during the Mersey River Festival and asked for a window table. When we arrived the staff were very helpful and happily moved us to the other side of the room as we discovered Russell Watson was singing from the tall ship 'Mercedes' while we were eating!
The food was lovely and some different little savouries inspired by the menu from Titanic - for example a little vegetable pie.
We drank tea with our meal and the staff were happy to top up our pots with hot water as we did sit for quite a while enjoying the meal and the view.
Only downside were a screaming baby with one family and a noisy, naughty child with another - not the staffs fault at all but not the perfect ambience for a traditional tea!

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“1st Time "Dining Experience"”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I visited the Maritime Dining Rooms on Friday 13th June, this was my first visit to the restaurant. I was met by friendly, welcoming staff, in a warm environment. The service was excellent and the staff polite and friendly in particular a young man John. Drinks service was efficient, yet an apology was offered for the delay. A nice touch. I ordered the "Scouse" feeling obliged to order the local dish on my 1st visit to the city. The dish was appropriately portioned with a wedge of bread and pickled red cabbage, tender and tasty. I would highly recommend a visit to the "Dining Rooms" and Will be making a return visit before my departure. Lovely staff, friendly atmosphere and excellent food.

1 Thank Sean T
Livermore, California
“afternoon tea”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I have visited Liverpool several times in the last couple of years and every year without fail I go to the Maritime for my lunch. Today I had alread eaten after being on the Beatles walk (a must do) so I thought to my self, I will just have a light bite. I headed to the maritime and orders one of the afternoon teas that I had seen advertised. the service was fast and very friendly I must say. when the afternoon tea arrived it was spectacular, looked stunning! I would highly recommend this to anyone, 10/10 I will be returning before I head back to my home in California on Wednesday

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Disappointing Afternoon Tea experience”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I had been to the Maritime Dining Rooms several times in the past and thoroughly enjoyed it, having recommended it to a lot of my friends. However this time was a bit of a disappointment.
We had been on an outing in the City and went to the Maritime to round off the day with Afternoon Tea, which I had enjoyed there before.
The restaurant was very quiet and having taken our seats and ordered, our tea and coffee were brought quite quickly. The food, however, did not appear for at least another 10 minutes, by which time the drinks had been consumed. I asked for a coffee refill but was told that I would have to pay extra for it, even though I pointed out the wait between drinks and food. I was quite abruptly asked if I had requested for the drinks and food to arrive together, to which I replied that I had not been given the choice but assumed that the timing would be closer!
We did not see another member of staff then until 5pm when we were told the museum was closing and we would have to leave. No bill had been provided and nobody had checked if everything was ok - it would have been difficult to complain if it hadn't, due to the lack of staff.
Needless to say I didn't leave a tip and won't be recommending the place again, which is a shame as I have always enjoyed it there in the past.

• Visited May 2014