Sefton Park Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$173
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
US$194
US$151
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$203
US$172
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
The Liner Hotel(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$109
Agoda.com
US$120
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
The Richmond, BW Premier Collection(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$145
US$146
US$140
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstuart sutcliffehotel restaurantbeautiful buildingcity centrestaff were lovelywould highly recommend this hotelfull englishstayed here for one nightchristeningbeatles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Stayed here with some friends going to a Liverpool-match. Liked the place and the area. Rooms were clean and service good. Better than many other 3-stars I have stayed in. It was nice for once staying in a place with character - not like all these modern shoe-box hotels. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Liked the bar - a very friendly atomosphere and the restaurant. I normally never eat in hotel restaurant, but had a nice italian meal here. The wine prices were very reasonable and the selection good. I will be back to Blenheim Lakeside next time my favorite team plays Liverpool.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
CEO_RoscoeCollection, Manager at Sefton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Dear Skygirl81,

Thank you for your recent review of The Blenheim Lakeside Hotel, I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our friendly warm welcome and Michelangelo's, our Italian restaurant always prove a hit with our guests and local's alike.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed 10 September 2012 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the hotel on a KGB deal where we got two nights B&B plus dinner on the first night for £99.

The hotel was very busy with a large party of men staying for the nearby marching and they were very loud and drunk most of the time which did spoil our stay but that's not the hotels fault.

Our room was on the top floor (no lift) which was a little difficult for me being 7 months pregnant. The room was also very badly laid out with a bathroom which smelled of drains all the time. The hotel try's to mask the smell by using far to much air fresher.

The redeeming quality of the hotel was the breakfasts. They were fantastic however the waiting/reception staff weren't.

I would say this hotel is cheap and cheerful and I got what I paid for. It is clean and in easy reach of the city centre with no parking charges.

• Stayed: July 2012

Hello Loulabell_10,

Thank you for your review of The Blenheim Lakeside Hotel. I have noted your comments about your room, in particular the lighting and have had this issue addressed. Thank you for your comments about breakfast, we always aim to ensure that we provide a high standard of food, and have recently launched Michelangelo's Italian Restaurant at the hotel.

We have two ground floor rooms available and always encourage guests to request them, I am sorry that we were unable to accommodate you in one of them.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Liverpool.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed here as we were going to a wedding at the Alesha hotel nearby,the quality of the rooms have been done with very little spent,there was a large crack down the pane of glass which was pretty dangerous with a 3 yr old.There was a unit in the coner with an extension lead coming out the other side which looked hideous.The carpet was filthy,the headboard kept falling forward which was annoying,the resturant wasnt that good that the following day we walked to lark lane 20 mins away for an italian which was half the price of the Blenheim were charging.Needs alot of work to make you go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Warren M
CEO_RoscoeCollection, General Manager at Sefton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear WarrenM,

Thank you for your recent review of The Blenheim Lakeside. I have investigated your complaint. I note from your booked one of our budget rooms which are scheduled for refurbishment over the next month and paid a rate of £40.00 for the room. We have 3 of these rooms yet to be refurbished and I will be the first person to admit that they are not the most modern rooms in the world, something which will change when the final 3 are done over the next month. This is reflected in the price.

However, you will note that the one area which all users of this forum score us highly for, even those who may not have the most flattering feedback is cleanliness. I have checked the room in which you stayed and while dated, I found the cleanliness to be of a high standard. The headboard was also fastened securely to the wall and there was no crack in the window. The safety and comfort of our guests is our number one priority at all times.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I read this hotel had recently had an upgrade and if so then it wasn't in my room, which had the windows wide open on arrival and the shower was full of something (pic enclosed). One staff member was very friendly (Megan I think her name was), however this didn't rub off on other staff.
Car park holds about 8 or 9 cars so don't expect to get a space as you may be disappointed and the WIFI is shockingly bad, dropping connection every minute or so. Avoid this hotel if you need the internet to work. Breakfast was poor and not value for money at all. Would I stay again even at a price of £35 per night ...NO

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Toffeeman2011

Dear ToffeeMan2011,

Thank you for your recent review of The Blenheim Lakeside. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with certain aspects of your stay. The issues which you raised about your room are being resolved as part of the refurbishment programme which we are presently undertaking. I have also passed your kind comments onto Megan, she was delighted to hear them.

Best Regards

Reviewed 28 August 2012

Nothing was too much trouble for the fantastically friendly staff. The rooms were clean and well equipped. Would have liked a bath but nevermind. We never managed to get up in time for breakfast which finished a little early for me but my 10 month old grandson enjoyed the breakfast the staff very kindly made for him.
Beautiful parkside location, easy to find and park.
Would recommend for excellent value for money and would stay again.
We left Liverpool many years ago but were reminded of the natural warmth of scousers as soon as we arrived at the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms had a double and a single bed in.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank IcemaidenSurrey

Hi IceMaidenSurrey,

Thank you for your review of The Blenheim Lakeside. It's always lovely to hear kind feedback, especially about the warmth of the welcome which people receive. Not being originally from myself, the warmth of the people is something which strongly influenced my decision to settle here.

I'm delighted that you found everything to be of a high standard during your stay and have passed your kind feedback onto our team. We always strive to offer the highest standard of customer service and are presently investing in both the hotel and our team so that we can continue to do so.

We very much look forward to seeing you again when you next visit Liverpool.

Kindest Regards