“lovely park shame about the hotel”
Review of Sefton Park Hotel

Sefton Park Hotel
Ranked #66 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 31 May 2013

the bedroom was the worst room we have stayed in,no mirror,onebedside lamp.no phone , faulty,tv.bottom draw missing,only two coathangers.bathroom tired and needs a makeover.staff pleasent,but we arrived at 2.55,bedroom not ready.breakfast was good

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
SeftonParkHotel, General Manager at Sefton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Hi Sandra,

I'm terribly sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay with us. Please rest assured that the issues which you raised have since been rectified. I'd be delighted to welcome you back so that you could sample our new improved offering. Please don't hesitate to contact us when you next visit Liverpool and we will be delighted to make the necessary arrangements.

There are newer reviews for Sefton Park Hotel

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed here for my partners birthday in May. The staff very graciously put balloons and banners up in the room before we got there. There was a wedding do on which was noisy and the walls are very very thin. The breakfast was lovely. The bus stop was close by which took you straight to Liverpool One and Albert Dock. Short walk to a lovely area where there was a variety of restaurants from Indian to Greek. Very quaint. Not far from Penny Lane. Recommend Beatles museum too. Opposite a lovely big lake in a student area. The 5th Beatle lived here. It was ok here nothing amazing but clean and accessible.

• Stayed: May 2013

Hi BonnieTigerLass,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's the little details that we pride ourselves on and we love making celebrations like birthdays and anniversaries that little bit more special for our guests.

Whilst you may have felt that on your last stay that whilst we were clean and accessible nothing was amazing, I think you'd be very pleasantly surprised if you came to stay with us again. Perhaps you'll make it over for your partners next birthday.

Best regards

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Stayed at this guest house for the GrandNational meeting. Along with every other hotel in the city the prices are raised to exorbitant levels. The room was awful, I have stayed in better military barracks. Food was disgusting. The upper floors and stair landings were covered with litter, the most worrying aspect is management take a deposit from potential guests but do not take the deposit away from the final account and refuse to accept telephone calls to arrange refunds, resulting in ongoing legal dispute. Be aware anyone who has the misfortune to inadvertently stay here.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Sid666

Dear Sid666,

Thank you for your recent review. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. Other than to say that our prices are market driven and based on supply and demand for peak dates in Liverpool I cannot comment any further on this matter.

We take a deposit to confirm all bookings made directly via our website and this is deducted from the guests final bill. I am unaware of any ongoing legal action in respect of this, so please refrain from exaggerating.

We have received no complaints about the quality of our food, our Executive Head Chef and his team ensure that our food offering is of the highest standard at all times. Moreover, our corridors are not strewn from litter. Again, please stop exaggerating.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

We had an absolutely brilliant time in Liverpool with our friends but I was extremely disappointed with the Blenheim lakeside hotel!!! The rooms were shocking. Our bed was broken and had had a piece of chipboard put under the mattress. we had lampshades missing the bathroom was grotty there were dirty marks on the walls and a generally unpleasant room. The welcome at reception was really lovely and we cant complain about the bar and the location. I would even say the breakfast was of reasonable quality except 1st morning there was no orange juice. We had no side plates for our toast and had to use the saucer form our coffee cups, (so was the rest of the dining guests) The sleep was disturbed by an early riser next door on the first night (not his fault) but without going into to too much detail we could even hear him swilling his mouth wash!!!!! on the second night there was party going on on the same floor as me we had loud noise dancing and banging of doors till all hours of the night. I had to get up and tell the six grown men to keep it down, I also heard another guest get up and tell them. There was no phone in the room to phone reception either. We had 1 sachet of coffee in our room which was not replenished, I did ask for more and was given a generous supply but I shouldn't have had too. On arrival and the disappointment of our room I asked for a room change and the young man who was extremely pleasant explained that the manager had popped out and would get her to see me when she came back, this didn't happen. We had to pay a £25.00 deposit also on arrival. I appreciate that it was bank holiday and tariffs increase but £250.00 to stay here for 2 nights was totally unexceptable , this was supposed to be a bank holiday treat, I felt unrested and ripped off!!! Just for your reference the rates at the Hilton overlooking Liverpool 1 were £266.00 for the 2 nights the difference would have more than made up for it plus no taxi fares to find!!! Very unhappy customer. Managers if you have a guest complaint deal with then you might not get public reviews like this one!!!

Room Tip: room 10 had a lovely view but that's all I can say
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Hi Sarah J,

Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your room. All of your feedback was noted and the necessary actions have been taken and improvements have been made where required. We have and are continuing to invest in our accommodation product to ensure that it's of a very high standard. We have also considerably beefed up not just our breakfast but entire food offering under the watchful eyes of our Executive Head Chef who was appointed in mid 2013.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to change your impressions of our hotel and would be delighted to look after you personally. Please don't hesitate to contact me at the hotel when you are next planning a visit to Liverpool and I will be delighted to make the necessary arrangements.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

When it comes to booking a wedding many couples spend months visiting lots of different wedding venues, not us we went to 3 One of which left us feeling cold, another was well out of our budget then we arrived at the Blenheim Lakeside, we met with Laura our wedding co-ordinator she made us feel very comfortable and we could tell that nothing would be too much trouble. The wedding package was very reasonable and well we were expecting with that we paid to be having a budget wedding how wrong we were.
Throughout all the planning Laura was there for us, if we needed to make any changes (which we did ) then Laura was there for us, we dined in the restaurant prior to our wedding and were introduced to the steak on the stone marvellous meal , many of our wedding guests including myself ordered the night before the wedding and walked away extremely satisfied.
Conor (owner) really knows how to run a hotel and clearly looks after his staff very well credit to everyone on that night I have worked in kitchens and managed banqueting staff so therefore know how tough it is behind closed doors but seriously everything ran like clockwork it was amazing they helped make our wedding day turn out to be the best day of our lives. We were lucky that day and had amazing weather despite the snow the week before and being that we had chosen a wedding venue in the heart of Sefton Park with such picturesques views of the lake.
Food was amazing, staff were amazing, price was amazing, management were amazing, planning was amazing, we felt amazing what more can you ask for your wedding day ? .. THANK YOU.
I have also advised the venue that should anyone wish to speak to us (the married couple) directly then your more than welcome and Laura can pass our number on..
If your looking for a wedding venue in Liverpool and haven’t the budget or desire to waste a fortune in the city centre then I suggest make an appointment with the Blenheim you wont be disappointed.
My only one regret is that I cannot get married again because if I could have the day once more I would be smiling.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank galvin81

Dear Galvin81,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. We pride ourselves on ensuring that all our events run like clockwork, and providing a personalised, professional service which is quality and not quantity driven to all our clients, whilst still offering great value for money.

The team and I hope that your both really enjoying married life and would love you to call in and say hello the next time your passing the hotel.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

PLUS POINTS:
Wedding meal was very good
Staff were very friendly and helpful
Rooms were clean and nice and warm
Price was very reasonable - except we were surprised to have to pay an additional £25 refundable deposit - which, two weeks later, we are still waiting for!

NEGATIVE POINTS:
Handed our key in at reception(as instructed), but returned to find it sitting, invitingly, in the door of our unlocked room. We had left laptops, jewellery, cameras, money and credit cards in our room, but when we expressed our concern, we were just told that some maintenance work had been needed. There was no apology and, apparently, no comprehension of any security breach!
We were provided with one, almost empty loo roll and, as there was no phone in the room, a trip to reception was needed to secure a replacement - thank goodness there were two of us!
We were supplied with one tiny bar of soap and one tiny bottle of shampoo and shower gel to share - which was not replenished for the second night of our stay.
Similarly, tea cups were not cleaned and tea etc, was not replenished for the second night.
The TV was fixed flat and immovable against a wall where it could only be seen if you stood directly in front of it (impossible to watch from the bed or the solitary chair).
No drawers at all for clothes - just one small wardrobe and two small bedside cupboards.
There was only one bedside lamp and the light in the bathroom didn't work at all.
We had a great view out over a yard full of wheelie bins!
As the £25 deposit was a bit unusual, we didn't think to ask for it back when we left. We phoned the hotel shortly after, but we have had to phone again hree more times since - and we STILL haven't got the money back yet!

I suppose you could say that this hotel is "cheap and cheerful" - with the emphasis on the cheap. And at the end of the day, I suppose you get what you pay for.
BUT as I said, the wedding meal was very good, the wedding party was superb - and we had a great time.

Room Tip: We were in room 8, which, as stated, had a terrible view, Also we were on the top floor, there is no...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
CEO_RoscoeCollection, General Manager at Sefton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear Val R,

Thank you for your recent review of The Blenheim Lakeside. I'm delighted that you enjoyed the wedding and found the staff to be helpful and the place clean and tidy.

We consider all feedback to be valuable feedback, both positive and negative. I have noted your comments and have spoken with the necessary members of our team so that the appropriate action can be taken.

My apologies also for the mix up over the deposit that you left to cover any extras not being returned at the end of your stay, we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that this doesn't happen again.

We are constantly investing in The Blenheim Lakeside so that we may continue to improve our guest experience. I do hope that when you are next in the area you may take the opportunity to stop by and see these first hand.

Kindest Regards
CEO

Reviewed 17 March 2013

The dining room and bar show they are trying to update this place but rather basic facilities in room - 1 pillow each, no bedside lamps etc. Very disappointing quality breakfast for the price - tea from a flask, no jam or marmalade for the toast. Could get better value going to one of the city centre hotels.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
CEO_RoscoeCollection, General Manager at Sefton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Hi Cyprus Hotdog,

Thank you for your recent review. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your room. I can assure you that we are continually investing in The Blenheim Lakeside Hotel, something that many of our reviewers have noted. I have passed your comments about the missing lamps onto our head housekeeper who has taken the appropriate action. Also, spare pillows are left in every room and can be found in a sealed bag in the wardrobe.

I hope that you will consider the above and will choose to stay with us again when you next visit Liverpool.

Kindest Regards