“Great Hotel - Amazing Staff!”
Review of Sefton Park Hotel

Sefton Park Hotel
Ranked #66 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
New York City, New York
“Great Hotel - Amazing Staff!”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Having stayed at the old "Blenheim Hotel" a few years ago i was reluctant to stay at the Sefton Park. But it was the best value hotel i could find.

What a difference!

The room i was in - facing the park - had just been renovated. It seems the whole hotel has been renovated and the transformation is incredible.

The bed was great and the view spectacular.

The staff were so helpful and friendly - it felt more like staying with a family than a hotel.

Everyone from front desk to even the chef went out of their way to help us.

A great tip they gave us was to call Delta Cab's - this worked out so much cheeper than just jumping in a Taxi - 01519247373.

The next time i'm in Liverpool i'll be staying at Sefton Park.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Cork, Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We arrived to the Sefton Park Hotel to be advised by the night porter, who was watching a cricket match, that our room had been cancelled as our card was invalid. We had just used the same card to by dinner, so this was puzzling. The night porter also informed us that they had several bookings with stolen credit cards, implying that the card we were using was stolen. It tuned out that the issue was with their card reader, so when he used another card reader, our card worked fine. However, there was no apology, or any other offer of remittance for our 30 minute delay.

Other than that, the hotel was very over-priced for what we got. The walls were paper-thin, so we could hear everything. The windows were single-glazed and had condensation on the inside, despite the fact that our visit was in the summer and the weather was relatively mild. The bathroom was very, very basic with lino flooring and a dribble of a shower. The breakfast was also quite poor.

Very disappointed that this ordeal cost us £112 per night.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gerard M

Travellers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

North West
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We were charged £145 for a clean but very basic room, 2nd floor, no lift. The Alicia further up the road and a lot better quality would have been cheaper, but was fully booked. Breakfast would have been another £7.95 each.No air-conditioning and the bed is really hard.

The restaurant and bar area were good and the staff friendly, but I would definitely not stay there again at that price. Looked at next Friday's price and the same standard of room would be £59 pounds. Having stayed in a lot of hotels I would say that, or maybe a tad more, would be a fairer price. Were they trying to cash in on the popularity of the Giant puppets being in Liverpool this weekend?!! Anyway it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

If you want to stay in this area, try the Alicia for an altogether better class of hotel and more comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else if they are going to charge you over £60 without breakfast
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dilfule
Uttoxeter
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We cant belive its been 12 months from our last review , we have been back for the famous steak on the stone as it is a steak cooked to perfection, we go to liverpool to see our daughter and take every opportunity to stay in the very well refurbished hotel as often as we can.We find the service is excellent and the prices are very reasonable.We only wish we lived closer so we can use the restaurant more often. We have started a guest house ourselves in Uttoxeter and base our friendlyness on Conner and the staff nothing to much trouble. Look forward to our next fantastic meal in your beauiful resturant.
Regards Cris and Jan

Room Tip: Overlook the lake fantastic view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night and it was perfect. View on park is fantastivs. Also there is restaurant and pub in this hotel. Prices there are not high enough.

Also we really loved the bed and pillows in this hotel. They are perfect.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I'm giving the Sefton park hotel a 5 for purely the great evening we had.
We held our evening wedding reception here on the 7th June.
Prior to the actual event we had good communication with Connor via email and personal meetings.
As part of the deal for holding the party here we had a B&B overnight stay, a few friends booked on the morning and managed to get a room for £54!!
Another couple managed to get a deal for 2 nights B&B for a family of 4 which cost £150!
Two good deals in my opinion.
The hotel overlooks Sefton Park which on a sunny day is an amazing park and lovely to walk around.
We were met by the reception staff who I found to be really polite and helpful.
The bar area is clean and tidy and well stocked and reasonably priced.
We stayed in room 102 which overlooks the marque, it's a bit of shame as the view isn't up to much.
The room was spacious and spotless, a few little things to moan about.
The curtains did not fully close as they seemed to have fallen from the curtain rail.
I was going to tell the staff about this and I'm pretty sure they would've fixed the problem, only I forgot as I was a bit side tracked. It didn't disturb my sleep anyway!
There was a bit of a smell from the toilet but a quick spray of deodorant put a stop to that.
We had a drinks for the guests when they arrived and Connor managed to get his hands on some Keo lager that I asked for.
Unfortunately the delivery man dropped and smashed some the previous day, Connor spent the next day running around all the local supermarkets getting replacements. This I know as I actually saw him getting out of a car with carrier bags full of Keo, and also some friends had been to the near by Tesco to buy some and were told they had sold out.
Anyway onto the evening bash downstairs.
We had the resident DJ, a BBQ buffet (it rained in the evening) which ended up being cooked on the grills in the kitchen, and cold buffet.
The food was demolished and everyone was very impressed and commented on how tasty the food was.
The bar prices are really good, cheaper than the bars in the city centre.
We must also mention Hannah who managed the function, she was really helpful and didn't seem to stop all night and kept us informed with the evenings running of things, buffet times, first dance, etc...
Also the bar staff were really good and kept the beer and wine flowing when our guests arrived.
We headed up to the residents bar at around 1 o'clock, I will say that once in our room we couldn't really hear much noise coming from the bar area, and there was a bit of noise from our guests who were drinking there.
The breakfast is a buffet style with choices of cereals, toast, Danish pastries, fresh juices, tea and coffee. The waitress then takes your order for breakfasts, we had the full english and were not disappointed. We were told that we could have anything, from beans on toast, poached eggs etc. A very filling breakfast just what the doctor ordered!
My inlaws where situated on the top floor in one of the family rooms as they done us the favour of having out young children sleeping there. It was a bit of a hike for my mother in law who is not particularly good on her legs. Unfortunately I don't think there is any room for a lift, maybe a stair lift would be a good idea.
The hotel is clean and tidy, I can understand some peoples views on here about the prices. I feel that they are slightly overpriced for what you get, if your paying £130 plus for a room then you will pick anything to have a moan about.
I've stayed in the Hilton in the City Centre and found faults with their rooms.
You can get really good late deals through the hotel..example for
1 nights stay tonight (Sunday) it's £35!!
My new in laws did say about the extra charge, but as my father in law is deaf and my mother in law doesn't listen sometimes it was only that I had read on here about the charge that I knew what it was for.
I would happily recommend here for functions, & the BBQ buffet menu.
Also if i could get a good deal on the rooms then I would also stay here again.
A great night and thanks to the staff who made it all go so well.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bilsy76
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was classed as a budget hotel, so we weren't sure what to expect. However, it was clean and serviceable and we were able to take our dog with us. Unlike the previous reviewer, I was told upfront about the extra charge for the pet - perhaps because I booked directly. The staff were young, helpful and enthusiastic and the location was excellent. Walking through the park was a lovely way to start the day for both me and the dog!
We normally stay in the city centre when visiting family, but it was so good not to have the hassle of car parking and the resultant fees for parking.
We enjoyed a first class meal in the restaurant, and considering the chef (Gabriel) was on his own in the kitchen, he did an absolutely stirling job. The food was hot, plentiful and tasty and good value for money. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple