Devonshire House Hotel
  • Room Service
The Liner Hotel(Liverpool)
Green Park Hotel(Liverpool)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsedge lanemarquee suitecity centrebit datedfull englishexcellent value for moneyyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We have just returned home for having 2 nights at this hotel. We got this as a deal through KGB Deals and for what we paid it was ok. However, for people staying here not on a deal I think it is extremely poor. Decor is appalling, ripped wallpaper, stained and torn carpets throughout the hotel. Room was very poor, spare duvets had stains and a pair of false eyelashes stuck to them!!! Bathroom was clean but date and sink was severely cracked. The only acceptable thing about staying here is the location to the town centre approx £5 for a taxi. Food was disgusting, all cheap frozen food used. States 'home made' soup but it wasn't it was powder soup with water added! Fish and chips were frozen and deep fried and as for the puddings a little circle of so called torte which thy charge £4.95 for. Tables were unclean and not cleaned for next person sitting down. I rate this hotel a 1 out of 5. Shame as gardens beautiful but once you enter you want to turn around and leave.

2  Thank Montysmummy
MH1974, Revenue Manager at Devonshire House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Guest,

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail your experience during your stay. I am sorry that your stay was not a positive one, your comments have been shared and addressed with the relevant head of department to ensure we do not receive any similar feedback.

I am disappointed to read that you feel that you are unable to return to stay with us, however I sincerely do hope that this changes and that you consider staying with us again in the future, when I am sure you will have a more positive stay.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

After reading some negative reports we were a little nervous about the standard of the hotel particularly one at such a cheap price. What a wonderful surprise to discover that from the friendly, informative and helpful young lady at reception to a really comfortable night's sleep everything was excellent. Yes, some of the decoration in the bar could do with renewing but that didn't detract from the efficient service.
We did find the taps in the bath/shower complicated and were glad of the explanation given in reception.
I have already recommended the hotel to friends and look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: I can believe that if there is a big function on some rooms might be noisy. It would be a good idea, on booking, to ask if there are any events planned and if so request a room, probably at the back, which would not be affected by the noise.

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone.

It is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel. It is also great to know that you had a good night’s sleep in our comfortable beds.

I do hope that you return to stay with us in the future, when we will have the opportunity to look after you once again.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed at Devonshire House for a wedding, the rooms already booked. Having read some pretty poor reviews we were not looking forward to the stay BUT everything was fine. Rooms were okay food (breakfast only sampled) was good.
A couple of notes for review. The welcome could have been better, a little brusque and the bar hours are a little strange.
Nevertheless we stayed a second night a have no real complaints.
The function rooms are great and the garden a delight. Well done to all who worked on the day - it was a lovely day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
MH1974, Revenue Manager at Devonshire House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

MH1974, Revenue Manager at Devonshire House Hotel, responded to this review

29 August 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us on your visit to Liverpool; it was a pleasure to be able to look after you during your stay.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found our facilities, service and team members to be friendly.

LIverpool is a great city and we too hope that you are able to return and stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here a year ago and had a bad experience (there were a few issues with a lot of people from a function booking) , I contacted the hotel after getting home and they emailed back explaining in full as to the problems we had encountered and gave us a free stay to male up for it.

it turns out that this hotel is actually a good place to stay and that what happened to us was a one-off, this time around our stay was really nice and peaceful even though there was a wedding on and our room faced the function hall everything was good even when the wedding had finished folk were chatting on the way to the hotel but there was no arguments raised voices or anything. The staff were great very polite and courteous and the staff in the restaurant were really good ensuring we had plenty to eat and drink on both days of the stay.

I would say I was glad to give this hotel a second chance and will certainly look at this place first when booking for Liverpool in the future.

1  Thank Barry D
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here! We stayed Sat 1st June for 2 nights and yet again had a great time :))....... Yes the rooms do need a bit of a update but if people want 5 star then pay for it. On arrival my 1st room had no shower but when I spoke to reception the girl got me another room which had a shower and was overlooking the lovely gardens! We had dinner on the Sunday and breakfast both days and I have no complaints in either! The restaurant staff really did make our stay and we will defo be back again :))

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank brownyb15
MH1974, Revenue Manager at Devonshire House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback, we appreciate it.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. I am thrilled to learn that you found all team members to be friendly, helpful and willing to assist.

I am really pleased that you will be back to stay with us and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon when we will have the opportunity of looking after you once again.