“AN EXPERIENCE THAT WE LOVED”

Devonshire House Hotel
Ranked #70 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
London, United Kingdom
“AN EXPERIENCE THAT WE LOVED”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

A real hidden gem situated in leafy surroundings. A unique and friendly atmosphere, a personal welcome, and quiet, spacious, comfortable rooms . With thanks to all the staff on reception and in the bar and restaurant for a relaxing and entertaining visit and a warm and special thank you to David for the very best of hospitality. We definitely hope to be back in the future on our next visit to Liverpool, ....... Grainger-Harris

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Paula H
MH1974, Revenue Manager at Devonshire House Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Guest

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I am pleased that we formed a convenient base for your visit to Liverpool. I have passed your kind words on to David.

Once again, thank you staying with us and we hope that you are able to stay with us again in the future.

Best wishes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
yorkshire
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The hotel had an excellent location being very close to a regular bus service into Liverpool. The room we had was an executive despite the fact that we had booked using a good discount. It was spacious and comfortable and the food was freshly prepared and very good.he staff were friendly and helpful.
The only problem about Liverpool was that we had only booked for 2 nights and this was not long enough as there is so much to do. The museums are outstanding and the Ferry Across the Mersey is not to be missed.

Room Tip: Ask for an executive room on the third floor
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we really do appreciate it.

I am pleased that you chose to stay with us and that that location of the hotel was suitable for your needs.

It is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, our service, offerings and facilities.

My team and I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kindest Regards
Oldham
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a KGB deal. The hotel is in a quiet setting a short drive into Liverpool town centre. The bedroom we had was large but smelt of smoke in all areas especially the bathroom, we felt like someone was in the room chain smoking, even with the windows open the smell was still there. The furniture in the bedroom was falling to pieces, the taps would not turn off properly, the bath/shower taps fell to bits and took an age to get them to work. There were silver fish like creatures in the bath and on the floor. The bedding was clean and tea/coffee making facilities were there to. No cold tap water but the staff did provide us with a jug of ice cold water at night. The food in the restaurant was bland and drinks were expensive. The bar area smelt smoky too and it was very unwelcoming. Needs fully refurbishing through out.

1 Thank ChippyOldham
MH1974, Revenue Manager at Devonshire House Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback.

I am disappointed to read your review.

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail your experience during your stay. I am sorry that your stay was not a positive one and your comments have been shared and addressed with the relevant head of department to ensure we do not receive any similar feedback.

The KGB Offer is great value for money at only £89.00 for 2 nights with Dinner on the 1st Night and Breakfast on both mornings.

I do hope that you stay with us again in the future

Travellers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This two day deal was a birthday treat for my wife what a mistake.The room was clean but on inspection one window was jammed partly shut an a door security chain was attached to stop it flying open so we had two nights being kept awake by the blinds rattling on the window due to the draught the mattress had been on the bed since the hotel opened you could count the springs.
The bathroom sink taps knobs came off in your hands one knob was missing off the bidet not that I would have used it, light bulb above not working, neither was the shaving light above the sink and also a door handle was hanging off on the bathroom door and as my wife pointed a distinct lack of curtains in the bedroom and in the dining room.
The dinner on the first night was a terrible we were met by a young man who was very pleasant an showed us a table by the window as these were for KGB customers he told us and was lighter by there this I could see it made sense as half the lights in the dining room were either not on or not working.The meal, soup not bad I had chicken which was done to a crisp my wife had gammon by did not look or taste like a piece of gammon the sweet I would rather not comment on. Breakfast terrible woman serving was pleasant enough but was to keen to clear the tables.
I would have thought that the hotel would have employed a maintainence man to keep on top of
things such as like dud light bulbs etc.I was apprensive when I red the reviews I wish I had taken more notice of them now.

Room Tip: find another hotel
1 Thank alan c
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback following your recent stay with us.

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail the housekeeping issues in your room. I can assure you that our Housekeeping and Maintanace teams have been made aware of your comments. I am disappointed to receive your comments

Please accept my apologies that you encountered in our our restaurant . Our Food & Beverage Manager has been made aware of your comments and he taken action within his team to ensure that this does not happen again.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 October 2013

my self my wife my brother and his wife stayed in this hotel in 2012 and we enjoyed our stay this hotel is great value for money the food was great the staff were excellent and very help full we had no problem with anything in the hotel the rooms were nice and clean and the cleaning staff were on hand if ever you need they were excellent as was the kitchen staff and the bar staff we had no problem with the staff in the reception all over we found this hotel to be a hell of a lot better than some of the hotels we have stayed in around the world and we stayed in a lot of hotels i am just back from a hotel in Spain and it was a Sol Meila Hotel and will not return to it ever again that is for my next report to Tripadvisor so if you are planing a trip to the Devonshire house hotel ENJOY Cheers Stay Safe From Billy And Pamela

Room Tip: all rooms are good once you are not dirrectley over the hotel bar Cheers
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently,

I am thrilled that you had a great stays with us and that you enjoyed our facilities and service.

The team here at the Devonshire House Hotel are pleased to be able to offer you a friendly service and we hope that you will be returning to stay with again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel as part of a hen weekend and I must say I was not impressed at all.
The hotel is situated in what seems to be an extremely rough area, not good for a group of young girls or a family.
When driving up to the hotel, the gardens were beautiful however the hotel itself is entirely different.
The woman at reception seemed pleasant enough when checking in and always helped us out with getting taxis etc.
When walking to the room, I began to notice a smell and when I stepped into my room the smell seemed to be a lot stronger, it was disgusting. It smelt damp and of urine.
The room was extremely unclean, there were stains on the bedding, disgusting greasy marks on the head boards, dust on the chairs and tables, cracked tiles in the bath room and dampness on the ceiling. It looked as through the ceiling could fall through at any moment.
I would not stay here ever again or recommend it to anyone, even if it was a deal!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gayle026
MH1974, Director of Sales at Devonshire House Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Guest,

My team and I were disappointed to receive your comments and I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail the cleanliness of your room which was clearly not to our usual high standard. There can be no excuse for poor standards and I am very sorry that your room was not in perfect condition for your arrival. Certainly the way in which your room was prepared does not meet with our standards and we have taken your feedback very seriously and action has been taken.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you didn’t receive our normally high standards of service.

Kindest Regards
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

stayed at devonshire house for cousins wedding in october. the old lady receptionist really needs some social skills her attitude stank quite literally as if she didnt give a damn. standing in an old cardy. i think the rest of the hotel wasnt too bad. for what we paid it was quite decent and you can see that they are trying to do work. cannot fault function room though immaculate. would i stay again if staff on reception had bit more training!!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank jackngill60
MH1974, Revenue Manager at Devonshire House Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we value your feedback.

I am shocked to read your comments regarding the manner of our Reception team throughout your stay. This is certainly not what we expect from team members as they have all been trained to deliver a high quality of service. We ordinarily receive positive comments relating to all team members within the hotel on how friendly and helpful they are.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your function experience .

We look forward to seeing you again soon.