“well worth the money”

Devonshire House Hotel
Ranked #73 of 100 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I can't understand people who want to pay budget prices and then complain that the hotel isn't 5 star. My wife and I went on a KGB deal, paid £89 for two nights bed and breakfast and 1 evening meal. The hotel was clean and comfortable, the staff were excellent, the food was good and the room clean and spacious. We had room 402 overlooking the gardens, which were very well kept. Whats to complain about??. Alright, the hotel could do with a bit of a makeover, but redecorating the whole lot would cost a fortune and the prices would have to go up.. We were more than happy with our stay and will return. One amusing bit, our bed was on wheels and there was no headboard. When we sat up and leaned against the wall, the bed shot forward. I wedged my shoes under the front, problem solved.

Room Tip: 402,403 and 404 overlook the gardens.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rob486
MH1974, Manager at Devonshire House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Rob 486
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on trip advisor, I am really please we met with your expectations, it’s nice to read positive comments about our team.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at the devonshire house hotel on 18th and 19th april. The reason for my stay was my best friends wedding. I cannot fault any part of my stay, the staff were so friendly and helpful nothing was too much trouble for them.The room was clean and tidy. The gardens are beautiful and so well kept. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. overall a brilliant hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Eileen L

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on trip advisor,

it’s refreshing to hear such wonderful comments about the team at the hotel am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and your more than happy to recommend us to your friends.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We booked this hotel through KGB. Weve used Groupon etc before and have always found the accomodation perfectly fine. This however was woeful. Whilst the gardens are immaculately maintained it seems a shame the same attention hasnt been lavished on the interior.
The hotel is shabby in the extreme; wobbly wardrobe, loose shelves and and a plug socket that was coming away from the wall.
the bedding was poor. We asked the night receptionist if we could possibly have a couple more pillows. He replied that he couldnt leave his desk despite the fact that were another 3 people in the backroom he had come out of.
Dinner was beyond ridicule. One of the starter options was fruit juice. When we asked what wine they had the waitress looked slightly bemused before replying "red or white."
The less said about breakfast the better.
I am slightly surprised that this hotel is on a KGB deal - I dont think we will be using either of them again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tdm759

Dear TDM 759

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on trip advisor, we are currently undergoing a soft refurbished programme on our rooms and public areas.

I am always perplexed when guest leave the hotel without telling us of their dissatisfaction. It’s frustrating when we don’t get the opportunity to right the wrongs.

We do endeavour to make sure our guests enjoy their stay and are comfortable with us I only wish you had made us aware of the issues you felt you had, as I am sure we could have made your stay a more enjoyable one.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to discuss the above

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

What a good choice we made ... Great friendly staff ... Room 253 large twin overlooking grounds from 2nd floor ... Clean plenty of towels liquid soap etc dropped cases off noticed 2 bulbs out in bathroom mentioned it at reception on our way out .. Was done by time we got back ! Lovely grounds / gardens... Breakfast fit for a king ... 3 course evening meal but neither of us had room for a sweet ! Mrs G had lasagne , I had curry & rice all plentiful ... Ten min bus ride into Liverpool centre £4 return each ... Dident try the hotel bar ... Got back late so went to the 24 hour garage situated in front of hotel but wouldn't let us in to choose a sandwich & drink ! It's a fair walk to any other shop or bar but overall can definitely recomend this hotel without hesitation .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear James007 uk

So nice to hear you enjoyed your meals and breakfast at the hotel

It’s nice to read positive comments about our team. Our accommodation is undergoing a soft refurbishment programme, once again many thanks for your comments.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Easy to get to from Birmingham, parking not a problem. The hotel is in a quite lovely garden wallflowers smelt devine. The welcome was warm and friendly and very efficient. Hotel was well presented, rooms really nice clean and spacious. Food excellent will visit again very soon. Hotel staff were all wonderful Thank you all for a memorable stay love your city.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Chris S

I am always happy to read nice comments on the warmth and how welcoming our staff are we look forward to welcoming back soon.

John

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I booked this hotel having never been to Liverpool before, I was attending a course on the Dock area of Liverpool and the location for that was really good.
I was staying a total of 5 nights so was important that I got it right, well it was a good choice,
the room was basic but roomy and clean, the bed was ok and I slept well, lots of plug sockets for my laptops and chargers too.
The breakfast selection was good and the staff very friendly, nothing was too much trouble.
I had a couple of meals in the restaurant in the evening and all was good there too..
I would recommend this hotel and give it a big thumbs up...

Room Tip: I slept at the front of the hotel that looked over the car park and has no noise issues..
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Terry L
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Booked on a KGB deal.so for 89 pound for 2 people for 2 nights food included it was ok.wouldn't go back though too far away from city centre and bus service was awful.maybe invest in bed mattress n pillows though please

• Stayed: April 2014