Park Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Bar Coast(Liverpool)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewstribute nightaintree racecoursefunction roomwedding partywedding breakfastfull englishbar pricescity centregreat nightwould stay againpublic areasfollowing morningenjoyed my staybreakfast was excellentmy mumnight's sleeptea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I booked this hotel based on the photo's on their website. How disappointed was I when my 'luxury' room turned out to be small, pokey, uncomfortable and dirty. I stayed the first night of my 3 night stay as I had flown in from Africa and it was too late to leave. The bed was smaller then a double and I was concerned about getting into it as I was unsure of how clean the bedding was judging by the rest of the room (e.g. the soap had already been used!!!) That night there was a hen party in the hotel. I was kept awake until after 5am when someone from the hotel finally asked the other guests to be quiet. The next morning, turning on the lights, half of which didn't work, I noticed there was a short circuit in one which was sending blue sparks flying around the room!!! I went down immediately and checked out. I did not get a refund for the terrible night as the manager was not on duty and there was no one there who could help. A hotel running with no manager on duty. Shocking. I told the receptionist my complaints and she seemed thoroughly disinterested, telling me 'I've been getting the same complaints all day!' Would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B G
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of nights and on the first night I was ready to phone up my company to tell them to get me booked in to another hotel. I decided to stay at the hotel, the hotel had a few people staying there most of them contractors and very noisy ones at that with them waking me up at 12:30am and then starting knocking on my door at 3:30 am not impressed but it is not the hotels fault I guess. However the room I had was huge but the furniture was of cheap quality and some of it was broken and I am glad I didn't have my kids with me as I would not have let them sleep in the rickety bunk beds. I had mould growing in the bathroom the shower was scolding hot even on the low setting I came out looking like a lobster.
The service in the restaurant was very slow and waiting for my order to be taken took twenty minutes tables went uncleaned for that time as well whilst the staff stood in front of the tv so I could not see it and then tried to sing so I now couldn't hear what was being said. I would not have minded so much but they could not sing.
The hotel is stuck in a time warp and needs some updating.
In regards to health and safety it did not meet the standards in regards to fire safety (yes you guessed it, I am a health and safety officer) the emergency lights had the fault lights on, additional signs required indicating why to do in a fire, a floor plan highlighting the escape routes and exits would have been good and I could go on and on.
Also wifi did not work very well and the lift didn't work I had to help a elderly lady with her bags as the staff were too busy singing, dancing or talking.
This is one hotel I will steer clear of in future.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Lydia & all the staff give excellent service, have used the hotel on numerous occasions & will continue to do so. Always a brilliant selection of breakfast items available & freshly cooked to customers needs . Fantastic rooms,food & entertainment. Keep up the good work.excellent location to motorway, train station etc

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had a party of 10 on our table at a Masonic Ladies Evening. The food was excellent and the service was impeccable. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We could not fault the evening. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed her for a couple of nights, once on the way out to the Isle of Man & once on the way back, good value for money, very basic but just what we need at the time, staff were very polite & friendly, rooms were clean, basic but no problem.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple