“Good location”

The Dolby Hotel Liverpool
Ranked #38 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Nice hotel in great location with friendly staff. The room was small with a very small bathroom but fine for a short time. The parking in free which is unusual in hotels these days.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,269)

Reviewed 20 October 2011

This is a great little budget hotel.Welcoming helpful staff, ample free parking, only a 10 minute walk from Liverpool One, fast free wifi and very reasonably priced. The room I stayed in (9) was small but perfectly adequate for a solo traveller. It would also be fine for a couple i'm sure. The bathrooom is small and up a step but the shower is excellent with ample hot water. This would be a great base for a budget weekend in Liverpool.

It's not 5 star but it's certainly competitive!

Room Tip: The hotel is on the docks so when booking ask for one of the upper floors over looking the docks if...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank tom_benj
Reviewed 16 October 2011

After a flight back from Menorca my wife and I were ready for a restfull nights sleep before a 300 mile drive back to north east Scotland.
We chose The Dolby due to its reasonable rates and location to The Albert Dock.
We couldn't have chosen better.
We were welcomed by friendly staff and the room was really nice and very clean , not the biggest in the world but had everything we wanted - shower , hairdryer , kettle etc.and a very comfortable bed.
The selection of food and drink was very good and reasonabley priced.
It was a very enjoyable stay and just what we needed before a long drive home.
Thanks again to all the staff.

Reviewed 12 October 2011

The room was at the back of the hotel and was nice and quiet. The hotel is in a very handy location for walking to the city centre. My first visit to Liverpool and it won't be the last. Thanks to all the staff in the hotel who were welcoming and friendly.
:-)

Reviewed 11 October 2011

The room was nice & the staff were helpful. My room had a good view of the river but overlooked a walkway where rowdy teenagers ran riot outside until the early hours. The breakfasts were good with a nice variety. The walk to town was a bit far but didnt bother me as I like walking. There was a lot of heavy construction & noise going on nearby but that could all be over by now. I had a bad cold while I was there & one of the staff brought me oranges to eat in my room - I was very touched by this even though it was an individual act rather than hotel policy. Overall a bit pricey but still beat some of the older establishments for comfort & convenience to Albert Dock

Room Tip: Try to get a river view
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I totally understand the phrase 'you get what you pay for' however, I still expected to get a little bit more for my approx €35 per night. We stayed in a room for three. Lucky we knew each other very well! There was barely standing room and all we had with us were 3 ryanair sized bags. I have seen bigger toilet areas (just couldnt use the word bathroom) in caravans!! We could also hear word for the word the conversation of the couple staying in the room beside us. My last gripe was that the room stunk when we arrived. Had to open the window straightaway.

On the plus sized the reception and cafe area was lovely and it was walking distance (max 10min) to the docks and city centre area. Also, it right beside a decent casino if that is something that tickles your fancy.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Just a few words thanking the Dolby Hotel ladies Angela & Gemma, for being a lovly, friendly, helpful couple.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple