“Get the Pumpkin Soup ;)”

The Dolby Hotel Liverpool
Ranked #39 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed in the Dolby Hotel for 3 nights on a trip over from Ireland, we arrived early and were greeted by a very friendly male receptionist who couldnt do enough for us.. The rooms were small and compact but had all the basic needs. All members of staff we dealt with were very very friendly and were only happy to help. We ate in the hotel everyday, the food was excellent(which was prepared by a hot chef, lol) The hotel is located within walking distance of the city centre, we had a bit of banter with the 3 night staff who couldnt do enough for us :) All in all was a very pleasant experience and we will definitely be returning to the hotel in the near future. Thanks to all the wonderful staff at the Dolby Hotel!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,254)

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I went on a long weekend visit with two friends to see Liverpool for the first time. The hotel is in a good position, within walking distance of the main tourist attractions, shopping centre and restaurants and I was thrilled to have a ground floor double room with a wonderful view over the dock. The room was clean, comfortable and equipped with all the usual requirements and I felt very happy on arrival. It would have been nice for the radiator to have been switched on before my arrival as the room was cold whilst the radiator heated up; but the room did warm up fairly quickly. The bathroom was small and brought a whole new meaning to compact! The staff were very friendly and helpful and the full English breakfast was great. My only complaint really (but it would be enough to stop me using the hotel again) was the noise created by the group of girls on a party weekend. I like to see people enjoying themselves but to hear loud screeching, laughter and shouting at regular intervals from about 1am until 4am was getting beyond a joke. The banging of doors, flushing of water down drains seemed to echo around the room. I am usually a sound sleeper but the next morning I felt as if I had had no sleep at all! The hotel is obviously not very well sound proofed and would benefit from someone on the desk at night who could perhaps ask noisy guests to keep the noise down. I bought some earplugs and had a few nightcaps the next night and was only woken once by someone loudly chanting a name at 4am. My two travelling companions had both endured the sort of night that I had experienced previously..... and felt shattered! In conclusion, if you are lucky enough to get quiet guests staying at the same time it is a great hotel.....my advice take earplugs just in case!!

Room Tip: Try a room on the top floor. The riverside rooms have a nice view. The other side of the hotel has...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I have just returned from a two night stay on business. This hotel is good value for money and has everything you need, especially if your on a budget. I was surprised that I had a large room as I have read in previous reviews that the rooms are quite small.

The food and drink was good value.

Very friendly and polite staff. I felt safe and secure being a lone traveller.

Plenty of parking space. Not far from Albert dock and Liverpool 1.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Angie-Leeds-Yorks
Reviewed 22 January 2012

The price was nice which is why I chose this hotel. The reception and breakfast area was nice. Hotel room was average, bed average, bathroom was below average. It was like they just took a cruise ship bathroom and put it in the room. It was tiny and taking a normal shower was impossible.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KMSecrist
Reviewed 6 January 2012

stayed three nights. literally a five minute walk away from the liverpool echo arena and the museum quarter on albert dock. great views over the dock side. english or continental breakfast whichever takes your fancy and a good selection of evening meals in the restaurant after a long day out. Really helpful staff and good value for money would definitely go back again

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Sheila M
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We only stayed one night, it was ideal- walking location to Liverpool sights and centre, free parking, good view if you get a dockside room (I didn't, I forgot to ask). We didn't use the bar or restaurant but everybody looked very happy that was in it, and for a hotel the prices were very reasonable. Room small, bathroom very small, but actually you do not need a room the size of most hotel rooms. Why pay more for something you don't actually need?
Would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a dock view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank capothree
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Had a great stay; exactly what we expected for the fab price and more. Easy walk to the city centre lovely staff.

• Stayed: December 2011