“Best service I ever had”

The Dolby Hotel Liverpool
Ranked #42 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Best service I ever had”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My friend is 70 years old man, who has no idea how to change a car's tyre. The owner of the hotel helped us to change it. We are so touched about what he did. He is a very kind, warm hearted and handsome guy. Thank you very much! His family name is on the hotel gate!! We will never forget what he did today!
Highly recommend this holiday!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank wmag

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed here with my 4 year old and my sister when we attended a wedding and were very pleasantly surprised. For the price I was expecting dubious cleanliness, rude staff and a very basic room. What we got was a small but perfectly formed, very clean room. The shower room is tiny but a small price to pay for the location and you get complimentary toiletries too! You get free wifi too!! The.staff are really chatty and friendly as well so if I ever need a hotel in Liverpool again, this will be my first choice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nataliedenny656
West Midlands
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Came to Liverpool via train,11th-15th Oct and only had a 10min journey to the hotel...the reception was very pleasant and was greeted in a friendly manner from the manager and deputy manager, we were given our key and told where our room was. They also gave us a code so we could use the wifi which I thought was very good.
We were slightly disappointed at how small the room was and especially the toilet/shower room, also there where no wardrobe or drawers to put clothes in only 1 peg next to the window with 4 hangers on it....There was a kettle, hairdryer, and t.v..
The room was very clean, as was the bedding and towel...the towels where changed everyday if that is what you wanted...couldn't fault the cleanliness...
We had booked to have breakfast and wasn't disappointed, we had a full English and was told we could help ourselves to the continental, staff where very helpful, friendly and nothing wasn't too much trouble..
The food was very hot and very well presented.
There was a KFC and McDonalds opp the hotel to your right.
Excellent location only being 5-10mins from the Echo Centre and Albert Dock...15mins by foot to Liverpool;s cathedral.
Do use local taxi's and not black cabs....local taxi's are cheaper...just ask at the reception.

Would visit and use again...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wishy_8
Huambo, Angola
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed at Dolby hotel for five days (October 10th to October 15th, 2013). It was my second time in Liverpool but it was my first time staying at Dolby Hotel. My experience at Dolby Hotel was excellent. I mean the quality of service was excellent as people were very thoughtful and efficient whenever a request was done. The quality of the food was very good and cheap comparing to other places that I visited in Liverpool.
On the other note, the sight is very beautiful both from the room and from the lounge as there are beautiful lights on the horizon at the back of the hotel during the night. During the day there is beautiful lake.
Finally, I am a quite person and really like a quite hotel and I could experience this at Dolby Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Adelino S
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Me and my family stay here every year at Christmas time. Never had any problems not too far to walk there's a McDonald's across the road which the kids love as we let them have a midnight snack treat. The men love the casino next door have recommended to many

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Adamjj55
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I'm writing this review based on the fact that I knew the hotel only had 2 stars when I booked it, but it was lastminute and we did only intend on sleeping in it. The room was small, but adequate with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was tiny, and to be honest I waited till i got home to shower as it was only a one night stay and I had showered before I arrived-neither of us liked the look of the shower, although it wasn't dirty.

Breakfast was reall nice as was the room that it was served in.

Free parking in LiverpooL City Centre is also a massive plus.

Would I stay again? Maybe if it was just for one night and I wasn't spending much time in the room, but you have to appreciate you only get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Workington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Stay here for 1night we surprised how clean the hotel from reception to room..guy from bar last night is really nice and even the two receptionist......................nice hotel very recomended...............only 1 thing we dont like shower and toilet is to small

• Stayed October 2013