“Get what you pay for”

Ranked #41 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Bedford, England, United Kingdom
“Get what you pay for”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My wife,my 9 year old daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights as a base for a short trip to explore Liverpool.

The hotel is on the cheap end price wise, is clean and (on the nights we stayed) not noisy. However, the rooms must be based on the U-Boat attraction - possibly the smallest shower/toilet I've ever seen in a hotel. But, as stated, it's a budget hotel, and it provides the basic facilities required. Staff were friendly.

The food of an evening is good value and tasty, and reasonably priced. The breakfast a bit pricey and we walked into Liverpool center to get a cheaper breakfast.

We picked this hotel not just because of the price, but also it's location. Whilst it is on the docks, it's a good 10 minutes walk to Albert Docks, so be prepared for that. Not far really.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank OlracUK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Rooms are really tiny with the shower room being just big enough to shower a hamster in. Our room was located at the front of the hotel, so when the windows were open it was deafening with the noise from the traffic! On the Saturday evening my partner and I wanted to order a curry, so I went to the reception to ask if they had the telephone number of a restaurant or take away that delivered, only to be told by the lady on reception that no curry house delivers in Liverpool???? I then asked another member of staff who found me 4 numbers, and guess what they all delivered. The only positive I have about this hotel is that is was clean! Enough said

Room Tip: Pick a room at the back away from the main road
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark P
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My friend is 70 years old man, who has no idea how to change a car's tyre. The owner of the hotel helped us to change it. We are so touched about what he did. He is a very kind, warm hearted and handsome guy. Thank you very much! His family name is on the hotel gate!! We will never forget what he did today!
Highly recommend this holiday!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank wmag
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed here with my 4 year old and my sister when we attended a wedding and were very pleasantly surprised. For the price I was expecting dubious cleanliness, rude staff and a very basic room. What we got was a small but perfectly formed, very clean room. The shower room is tiny but a small price to pay for the location and you get complimentary toiletries too! You get free wifi too!! The.staff are really chatty and friendly as well so if I ever need a hotel in Liverpool again, this will be my first choice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nataliedenny656
West Midlands
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Came to Liverpool via train,11th-15th Oct and only had a 10min journey to the hotel...the reception was very pleasant and was greeted in a friendly manner from the manager and deputy manager, we were given our key and told where our room was. They also gave us a code so we could use the wifi which I thought was very good.
We were slightly disappointed at how small the room was and especially the toilet/shower room, also there where no wardrobe or drawers to put clothes in only 1 peg next to the window with 4 hangers on it....There was a kettle, hairdryer, and t.v..
The room was very clean, as was the bedding and towel...the towels where changed everyday if that is what you wanted...couldn't fault the cleanliness...
We had booked to have breakfast and wasn't disappointed, we had a full English and was told we could help ourselves to the continental, staff where very helpful, friendly and nothing wasn't too much trouble..
The food was very hot and very well presented.
There was a KFC and McDonalds opp the hotel to your right.
Excellent location only being 5-10mins from the Echo Centre and Albert Dock...15mins by foot to Liverpool;s cathedral.
Do use local taxi's and not black cabs....local taxi's are cheaper...just ask at the reception.

Would visit and use again...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wishy_8
Huambo, Angola
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed at Dolby hotel for five days (October 10th to October 15th, 2013). It was my second time in Liverpool but it was my first time staying at Dolby Hotel. My experience at Dolby Hotel was excellent. I mean the quality of service was excellent as people were very thoughtful and efficient whenever a request was done. The quality of the food was very good and cheap comparing to other places that I visited in Liverpool.
On the other note, the sight is very beautiful both from the room and from the lounge as there are beautiful lights on the horizon at the back of the hotel during the night. During the day there is beautiful lake.
Finally, I am a quite person and really like a quite hotel and I could experience this at Dolby Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Adelino S
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Me and my family stay here every year at Christmas time. Never had any problems not too far to walk there's a McDonald's across the road which the kids love as we let them have a midnight snack treat. The men love the casino next door have recommended to many

• Stayed December 2012