“Great location for echo arena”

The Dolby Hotel Liverpool
Ranked #40 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed at the dolby for one night when going to the echo arena. The hotel is clean and staff were very welcoming. The room was small but ok for one or two nights. The location is excellent only 5 mins away from the arena and a 10 from Albert docks and 15 from twin centre. The bar area by the river would have been nice in warmer weather. We paid £49 for the room through a booking site but should have rang direct as some rooms were advertised as £25. Breakfast was a good full English, ours took a while to arrive but when I told the staff we got a refund on the cost which was good of them. Would recommend for a handy location for those not looking for luxury hotel just a base.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Aphrobiteme

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Booked this hotel for one night stay 16th November. had checked it out on net. must say the pictures of rooms a little deceptive. room was not roomy, serviceable ,bed comfortable however. bathroom was very small and needed updating as did the room.staff very friendly and helpful. location around fifteen twenty minute walk to centre liverpool 1. Average rating for me price a little high for standard. Cant comment on the food as we didnt eat here

Room Tip: to use if all avenues exhausted eg last minute
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Very useful to be able to park for free so near to the city centre. The hotel is just a few minutes walk from the Albert Dock and Liverpool One (shopping centre). The staff were welcoming, very accommodating when we arrived before the official booking-in time, friendly and efficient. We had a room at the rear overlooking the riverside. Very quiet at all times (stayed Thursday and Friday nights). I had the continental breakfast one morning and found it to be quite good value at £5.95. Full English also available. The room was very clean, everything worked and apart from the very tiny bathroom pod, no reason to complain at that price. Despite the small shower and loo area, I managed ok and I am 6'6". Excellent budget hotel.

Room Tip: Ground floor at rear best option.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alan p
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My wife,my 9 year old daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights as a base for a short trip to explore Liverpool.

The hotel is on the cheap end price wise, is clean and (on the nights we stayed) not noisy. However, the rooms must be based on the U-Boat attraction - possibly the smallest shower/toilet I've ever seen in a hotel. But, as stated, it's a budget hotel, and it provides the basic facilities required. Staff were friendly.

The food of an evening is good value and tasty, and reasonably priced. The breakfast a bit pricey and we walked into Liverpool center to get a cheaper breakfast.

We picked this hotel not just because of the price, but also it's location. Whilst it is on the docks, it's a good 10 minutes walk to Albert Docks, so be prepared for that. Not far really.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank OlracUK
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Rooms are really tiny with the shower room being just big enough to shower a hamster in. Our room was located at the front of the hotel, so when the windows were open it was deafening with the noise from the traffic! On the Saturday evening my partner and I wanted to order a curry, so I went to the reception to ask if they had the telephone number of a restaurant or take away that delivered, only to be told by the lady on reception that no curry house delivers in Liverpool???? I then asked another member of staff who found me 4 numbers, and guess what they all delivered. The only positive I have about this hotel is that is was clean! Enough said

Room Tip: Pick a room at the back away from the main road
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark P
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My friend is 70 years old man, who has no idea how to change a car's tyre. The owner of the hotel helped us to change it. We are so touched about what he did. He is a very kind, warm hearted and handsome guy. Thank you very much! His family name is on the hotel gate!! We will never forget what he did today!
Highly recommend this holiday!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank wmag
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed here with my 4 year old and my sister when we attended a wedding and were very pleasantly surprised. For the price I was expecting dubious cleanliness, rude staff and a very basic room. What we got was a small but perfectly formed, very clean room. The shower room is tiny but a small price to pay for the location and you get complimentary toiletries too! You get free wifi too!! The.staff are really chatty and friendly as well so if I ever need a hotel in Liverpool again, this will be my first choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family