“A lovely setting” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #58 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Liverpool, England
“A lovely setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

We held our wedding reception here in August 2012. I am biased, I am local and live within a 5 minute drive of the venue and it is quite lovely. Sefton Part is a gem of a place in summer or winter and the hotel and the surrounding area, I know well. The staff are friendly and approachable and go out of their way to provide you with a great stay. We had one of the honeymoon suites and it was fantastic, I have absolutely no complaints, our wedding went without a hitch. The food was out of this world, weeks later we are still receiving compliments about the venue and the menu. We had a number of family staying overnight from all over the country to celebrate with us and everyone commented on the welcome and hospitality that they received. The English breakfast is good and will keeping you going well into the afternoon. This is quite a small hotel so if you are expecting large rooms then you will be disappointed, but if you want to experience a little of Liverpool and its people then you will not be disappointed. If you want something more modern and non-discript, then head for the city centre and check into one of the chains.

The hotel is close to other places of interest like Sudley Hall (within a 15 minutes walk), Speke Hall (10 mins in a taxi), the museums and galleries of the city centre (10 mins by taxi) makiing this hotel ideally situated to have a look round. Lark Lane with its quirky shops, bars and dare I say residents is literally a five minute walk from the hotel - well worth your time soaking up the local atmosphere and people watching.

This hotel is very popular with the horse racing fraternity and gets booked up quickly for the big meets along with the other big sporting events, so check your calendar when booking.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the park are good.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alica_Hotel_GM, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Liverpool South, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Thank you for your feedback.

It is great to hear you had a fantastic time whilst at the hotel enjoying a wedding.

I will be sure to put your comments up on our staff notice board for all to read.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Joe Little

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

Rooms a little small, considering we had executive room, however, very clean etc. Breakfast service very good, lots to choose from and eat as much as you like. Good location, no more than 5 mins in a cab to city centre (£5 ish each way) Would stay here again.

1 Thank Jones2009
Thank you for your feedback.

It is nice to hear you enjoyed your stay whilst in Liverpool and do hope we can welcome you back in the future.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

We had a two-night stay in the Alicia Hotel recently and although the hotel does occupy a lovely setting opposite parkland, our room, I have to say, was a let-down. We were given a twin room which was rather cramped, with old style pine furniture and an overly large armchair that took up way too much room space. The room was also quite gloomy, the main light in the room gave off a depressing dim glow. The bathroom curtains (the floaty kind) didn't fit the window so getting showered, etc. was a bit of a trial! I noted from the publicity in the hotel that the bedrooms had been recently refurbed - ours was definitely not one of those! We've stayed in much better rooms for less than the £69 per night our room cost. And I cannot end this review without mentioning the jaw-dropping £1.75 my husband was charged for a tiny bottle of coke at the bar on a very warm day in August. Guests at the evening event we attended were buying wine by the bottle as the bar prices were quite eye-watering. I wouldn't recommend the hotel to a friend I'm afraid, and I basically felt I was just 'making do' as my stay was so short.

Just hope the refurbing of the rest of the hotel rooms picks up a pace, and maybe they won't be disappointing future guests.

Room Tip: Just ask for a park view and get a refurbed room. Good luck!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Alica_Hotel_GM, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Liverpool South, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Thank you for your feedback.

The room you stayed in during your stay quite rightly was not a refurbished room and the hotel does have a few more traditional rooms as you describe.

I will look into the lighting and net on the window in your room.

The prices behind the bar I feel are fair and are below many other large hotel brands pricing.

I would urge any guests who are not happy with the room they are allocated to see reception, they would be more than happy to offer you an alternative when available that would be more to your taste and style.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Three Australians visiting Liverpool. Our room was beautiful - however when we arrived they thought we'd only booked a double. My father was forced to sleep on a fold-out coach, which was very uncomfortable.

Customer service here was amazing - we experienced an issue with football tickets and I was very upset. The staff were fantastic and did everything they could to support us. Could not fault the receptionist and the nightman. A+ and they deserve to be recognised.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank melmelmel33
Alica_Hotel_GM, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Liverpool South, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Thank you for your feedback.

Please accept my apologies for the mix up with your room, as I am not sure how you made the reservation I am unable to shed any light on the mixup.

I am glad that you liked your room and found the receptionists very helpful.

I do hope we can welcome you back the Alicia Hotel in the future, and thank you once again for your positive feedback.

Kind Regards

Buckley, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

I attended a wedding ceremony, wedding breakfast, and a party at night in this hotel, and I have not got one bad word against them! We arrived early than other guests as we were travelling from Wales, my parents room wasn't meant to be ready until 2pm but they managed to get into the room at 11am! The ladies on the reception desk were certainly extremely helpful. The wedding ceremony was beautiful as the events manager had managed to find a turquoise carpet for the bride to walk down. After the ceremony we were provided with plenty of nibbles! They were just amazing! There was about 2 waiters walking around the guests with a tray full every 2 minutes until an hour before the wedding breakfast. At the wedding breakfast, everything was done in their power to make everyone comfortable and the food was beautifully cooked and presented.
My room was ready at 3pm, 1 hour later than planned but the room was very modern, comfortable and clean. however it was slightly on the small size as I required a sofa bed, which was made up on arrival into the room. The beds were very very comfortable and were more than big enough!
Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone in the future!

1 Thank Zoe H
Thank you for your feedback.

It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay whilst in Liverpool at your friends wedding.

I will be sure to pass your comments onto the management and staff.

Thank you once again and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

We stayed here for one night in august, while taking part in the big fun run in the adjacent Sefton Park. The exterior and interior of the hotel is very nicely presented and clean. Upon arrival we had secure gated parking around the back of the hotel which was great added bonus. The hotel receptionist was friendly and informative and we were shown to our rooms speedily. The room we stayed in was classed as a double but it was very, very small, just enough room to climb into bed and jump over your luggage, but despite that it was clean and well kept. The bed itself gave us both a good nights sleep but was really creaky, but none the less comfortable. The bathroom was small but adequate. Overall we enjoyed our stay at this hotel but found it abit pricey (£65) for what you get

Room Tip: Upgrade your room! doubles are tiny
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alica_Hotel_GM, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Liverpool South, responded to this review, 5 August 2012
Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

The room you have stayed in, I agree is quiet small, this room is one of our more traditional rooms set in the main part of the hotel.

Thank you once again for your feddback and I do hope we can welcome yopu back soon.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

I was informed enroute that the hotel had rearranged my booking to another hotel. ( after research, this was refused as I coudl book the same hotel for only £29 after paying Alicia £45 for room only )

The room was small with a larger bathroom than the Feathers. But still the bed would have to be moved if another person wanted to get in the other side as there was no room to pass. ( the corner of teh bed toght up against the wall and elcove

Being far from anywhere, I ordered a meal into my room - not bad, but left half of a hard burger

Definately room for improvement

Price is about right ( £45 )

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry we had tried to rearrange your booking to an alternative hotel, however if we had tried to make a reservation in another hotel you would have received the price quoted to ourselves, we most certainly would not of profited from this.

If the meal you ordered was not to your satisfaction, the chef would have been more than happy to correct this for you.

The hotel is situated just 3 minutes walk from Lark Lane, here you will find many restaurants and bars

Once again thank you for your feedback.