“very nice hotel”
Review of Aachen Hotel

Aachen Hotel
Ranked #51 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We are a couplefrom Malta who stayed in this hotel while we were in Liverpool.We were very happy about the service and the friendly and helpful staff.Thanks for making our holiday a very pleasant one!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George B
There are newer reviews for Aachen Hotel

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel with some friends. great experience from arrival to departure. friendly atmosphere.helpful staff.good clean comfortable rooms .brilliant tasty breakfast great location for shopping and night life.What more can you ask for. Would definately recommend.would come again

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank linda a
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my brother back in April. The location is great, just a few minutes by walk from the main shopping area. The breakfast was delicious and the staff very friendly. 1 hour after checking out, the hotel rang me because they found my house keys in the room. I could still get back and get my keys without missing my flight, so I'm very grateful to them! I would book this hotel again, very good value for the money.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Glemmy87
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I booked to stay at the Aachen a few days before my trip and received a confirm email. On the day of the trip, just a few hours before my arrival time I was on the win to Liverpool when they rang to say there was a problem with my booking. Initially they said it was a credit card problem (my card worked fine before and after in other places), then I got a phone message saying they had booked me into another hotel (strange, why would one hotel book me into another hotel). I rang to sort the problem out and the manager (Paul) was very very rude, trying to pick a fight with me, shouting at me down the phone that he didn't like my attitude (for daring to expect the room I had booked would be available when I had booked it!). It rapidly emerged that he had overbooked the hotel taking a better-paid booking and then trying to worm his way out of honouring my reservation at the last minute. Fortunately I found another hotel at short notice but what a dreadful scam. I could have ended up without anywhere to stay, sleeping in the train station. Seriously - just an hours notice to cancel my room!! Really dodgy dealings. Please avoid this place until it closes down.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Kate S
wilsonlfc, Owner at Aachen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

The client booked the accommodation without a valid credit card - we have two credit card slips to confirm this
During the preauthorisation process the card declined. The receptionist, contacted the client and asked for a new card. This was provied reluctantly - but also declined - we advised the client and the booking company that as she was unable to honour the terms of the booking the accommodation was cancelled. The booking company confirmed the cancellation, we telephoned the client and advised her of alternatives hotels in the area.

This review is a complete fabrication and libelious. We have two declined credit card receipts which have been passed onto a no win no fee solicitor who will be taking action against the reviewer on our behalf

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Stayed here for three nighs with my wife. Now hotels don't come cheap in Liverpool but this one seems to be an pleasant exception.

The location is great. It's on the eastern side of the city centre and all the attractions nearby, even the Albert Docks in the west are about a 15 or 20 minute walk away. The hotel is also close to the Liverpool nightlife in Seel / Fleet / Wood / Bold Street. There are a few dingy pubs at the beginning of the street (Mount Pleasant) and a car park that isn't too pleasant at night but once you get to the hotel it's all fine and quiet.

The room is kinda outdated but has everything we needed, including a modern flatscreen tv with good reception. We had booked a room with a shared bathroom but got an upgrade to a room with our own bathroom so that was nice. The beds were great, not too soft and not too hard. Only downside of the rooms is that the floor and the ceilings are made of wood so you hear everything above you.

Breakfast is superb! Lots of options (full English as well) and everything is a la carte, so you get what you want and it's all hot. You don't have to deal with food that has been kept on heating trays that barely work and make your bacon, sausages and eggs get cold. Only downside are the breakfast times; breakfast ends at 09:00 am except for Sundays when you can have breakfast until 09:30. If there is anything this hotel could do to immediately improve its service, it is to extend the breakfast times.

Staff is very friendly as well and tended to our needs very well. All in all a very pleasant and welcome stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nielsch
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Having stayed at the Aachen a few years ago while getting my son organised for staying at John Moores University we had a pleasant and enjoyable stay and could not have faulted the staff, cleanliness of the hotel or the food.

Myself and three of my friends decided to book ladies day at Aintree this year for some 40th birthday celebrations and I recommended staying at the Aachen as I had such a pleasant stay before. On arrival we were greeted by a member of staff who's first words were "Before we go any further ladies we don't allow you to bring back any men to the hotel” We were all horrified by this comment considering we were all middle aged married women!! The other members of staff were absolutely fine and apart from that one comment by one member of staff the hotel was clean and the food was fine........but needless to say me nor any of the others in my party will be returning to the hotel due to that one ridiculous comment!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Noleen R
wilsonlfc, Owner at Aachen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear Noleen,

I am glad to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us during the Grand National weekend, and that you have enjoyed your stay with us on previous occasions.

With this in mind can I make the following observations :

1 We apologise if you were offended by any comment made by the owner upon your arrival. Having had a number of telephone and email exchanges during the course of making the booking, and with you having stayed here before and returned on a number of occasions, she remembered you.

She booked you in rather than the receptionist in order to say hello !!!!

If she was guilty of anything it was over familiarisation.

2 I have passed your review amongst the staff and they were amazed, at no time during the three days you stayed with us did you or any of your party comment negatively. In fact the feedback I received from my staff regarding the interaction with your party was positive.

With respect to your threat never to stay with us again, it is always disappointing to lose a client.
However, had you made your complaint at the time of its occurrence then we could have cleared the matter up (at least some flowers or a drink at the bar), or we could have found you alternative accommodation.
I thinks we are a little bemused understanding how offended you you appear to be from the tone of your review at the same time staying with us for a couple of days and having a great time !!
However, we do hope that you continue to come to Liverpool and enjoy the extensive tourist offering
Best Regards
Paul Wilson

Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed there loads a times very friendly and the staff are great the hill up to it can be a killer tho all in all it's a great spot well run and very friendly!!!.. First place we price when booking liverpool

• Stayed: April 2013