“Perfect Value!”

Ranked #50 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Dorking, United Kingdom
“Perfect Value!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with a girlfriend for a weekend of culture and fun. The hotel is really near to Lime St Station and easy to find. It was clean and the service friendly. Our room was an odd mix of modern; sink, flooring, lighting and good old fashioned B&B chintz! The room was right at the top of the building and very warm. My only complaint would be that there was no fan or air con so we had to sleep with the window open. We were at the front if the building and so the road noise was very loud. Apart from that, a really quaint hotel with lovely staff and a nice breakfast all for a decent price.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Spronkieg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my 2 granddaughters 24th - 26th June. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was spotless. and the breakfast set you up for the day, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is ideally situated for shopping and the Albert Dock. Would highly recommend and would stay there again when we next visit Liverpool.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Susan R
Cowes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I arrived early and was allowed into my room straightaway. They did insist on payment before checkout which is a bit odd when they are holding credit card details, but I assume they have had issues with none payers in the past. The staff were all really helpful. The room was a good size and comfortable with tv and tea and coffee making facilities. The hall carpet is a bit dated! The bathroom had a powerful shower and was really nice. The road one side is noisy. I had a choice of two beds and slept away from the road. Someone else staying there was at the back of the hotel and it is quieter there. The breakfast was really good and lots of choice of things to eat.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel is quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Katy B
wilsonlfc, Owner at Aachen Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear Katy,

Thanks for your kind comments.

Will respect to your observations about payment. As you will have seen we are extremely busy in the mornings and to avoid delays in checkout we recommend that guests pay the night before.

We find that people having to be on planes, conferences or meetings to attend invariably do not leave sufficient time in the morning.

Kind Regards
Marsascala
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We are a couplefrom Malta who stayed in this hotel while we were in Liverpool.We were very happy about the service and the friendly and helpful staff.Thanks for making our holiday a very pleasant one!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank George B
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel with some friends. great experience from arrival to departure. friendly atmosphere.helpful staff.good clean comfortable rooms .brilliant tasty breakfast great location for shopping and night life.What more can you ask for. Would definately recommend.would come again

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank linda a
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my brother back in April. The location is great, just a few minutes by walk from the main shopping area. The breakfast was delicious and the staff very friendly. 1 hour after checking out, the hotel rang me because they found my house keys in the room. I could still get back and get my keys without missing my flight, so I'm very grateful to them! I would book this hotel again, very good value for the money.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Glemmy87
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I booked to stay at the Aachen a few days before my trip and received a confirm email. On the day of the trip, just a few hours before my arrival time I was on the win to Liverpool when they rang to say there was a problem with my booking. Initially they said it was a credit card problem (my card worked fine before and after in other places), then I got a phone message saying they had booked me into another hotel (strange, why would one hotel book me into another hotel). I rang to sort the problem out and the manager (Paul) was very very rude, trying to pick a fight with me, shouting at me down the phone that he didn't like my attitude (for daring to expect the room I had booked would be available when I had booked it!). It rapidly emerged that he had overbooked the hotel taking a better-paid booking and then trying to worm his way out of honouring my reservation at the last minute. Fortunately I found another hotel at short notice but what a dreadful scam. I could have ended up without anywhere to stay, sleeping in the train station. Seriously - just an hours notice to cancel my room!! Really dodgy dealings. Please avoid this place until it closes down.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Kate S
wilsonlfc, Owner at Aachen Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
The client booked the accommodation without a valid credit card - we have two credit card slips to confirm this
During the preauthorisation process the card declined. The receptionist, contacted the client and asked for a new card. This was provied reluctantly - but also declined - we advised the client and the booking company that as she was unable to honour the terms of the booking the accommodation was cancelled. The booking company confirmed the cancellation, we telephoned the client and advised her of alternatives hotels in the area.

This review is a complete fabrication and libelious. We have two declined credit card receipts which have been passed onto a no win no fee solicitor who will be taking action against the reviewer on our behalf