“Badly let down by parking”

Hallmark Inn Liverpool
Ranked #59 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Vilnius
“Badly let down by parking”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is a reasonable hotel. Staff were friendly, breakfast was good (particularly the sausages) and maybe the single room was a bit small.

Two things let the hotel down... breakfast was 'spolied' by finding a stack of dirty plates that obviously hadn't been looked at when the came out of the washer and the chef came into the dining room, picked up a croissant, went to the door, turned round & put the croissant back.

Second was the parking. I have no problems with the way they operate the system with double parking and leaving your keys at reception. However my car was blocked in by 'Nick from Head Office' who obviously arrived for his days work in the morning but gave zero thought to the possibility of someone checking out & wanting to leave the car park. If 'Nick' had left his keys at reception like everyone else there would be no issue... but he choose not to, obviously thinking he was different from his customers and the rules didn't apply to him. 4 visits to reception to try & track 'Nick' down.

'Nick from Head Office' you may think you are important but you left a very bad impression of the way your company operates & it's regard to customers.

So overall, a reasonable stay completely spolit by the selfish attitude of 'Nick from Head Office'. (And I bet 'Nick from Head Office' doesn't pay the £10 per day parking fee.)

2 Thank GordonRVilnius
, Front Office Manager at Hallmark Inn Liverpool, responded to this review, 26 August 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

James Constantine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
West Kirby, Glannau Mersi, Deyrnas Unedig.
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We needed a restaurant near to the recently re-furbed Everyman and the Feathers, just around the corner, was the ideal location. We booked in for 5 though didn't arrive til about 5:30. Oops! Nevertheless, the restaurant downstairs has a pleasant ambience with a modern low-key ambience.

The fixed price menu offered plenty of choice. My Chorizo Rosti starter looked and tasted really good, as did my Chicken Breast main. The service was polite, unobtrusive and unhurried. The Chilean Shiraz was distinctly better than average!

I'm sure we'll visiting again.

PS: Thank you chef!

Room Tip: Ideal for a pre-Everyman meal and/or drink!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
, Front Office Manager at Hallmark Inn Liverpool, responded to this review, 25 August 2016
Dear Emb,

Thank you for your recent review at Best Western Hallmark Hotel Liverpool Feathers . Thank you very much for your fantastic 5 star rating. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future .

Manchester
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Booked a superior room which boasted superior comfort bed, complimentary bath robe and slippers. Nothing superior about it!
2 single beds pushed together which had old mattresses on. The hotel had a power cut at 10pm which left us with no hot & cold water for remaining of our stay till the next morning. The floor boards and walls echo all the noise from other guests. Stag & Hen parties making noise from midnight to 4am. To be woken rudely at 4am to other guests jumping off furniture and trashing their room. Paid £10 for parking at the back of hotel to be blocked in for two hours and had to move other guests cars ourself as hotel staff had no licences. The only good thing about this hotel is the nice are nice and friendly. Don't bother staying here, pay to stay somewhere else! I don't usually leave negative reviews however this was an experience I never want to repeat.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank thehealinghands

James Constantine

Travellers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Spent three days in Liverpool last week and stayed at the Feathers.I have never stayed in such a small room - the bathroom was almost as big. The TV and wifi did not work so I had to get someone in to fix it,
we had to traipse up 34 stair steps to get to our shabby room which had a glazed window so no light entered. 2 single beds with no room to put our cases. Very poor. The corridors were so small that anybody over 15 stone would struggle to get around. I am only 8 stone and I found it difficult to get to our room with my case.
On a brighter side, the staff are very pleasant and helpful and they have a lovely restaurant and bar below floor level. However, we had a business meeting one afternoon and on three occasions I had to go to reception and ask for service
It is 5 mins from the city centre but is definitely a "no frills".place to stay.
I suppose you get what you pay for, it was a last minute booking and we didn't have time to search around. Did email hotel to let them know how I felt but did not get a reply!!!

Look elsewhere is my suggestion.

Room Tip: Don't bother
2 Thank alycat41
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Best Western Hallmark Hotel Liverpool Feathers.

I am very sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay on this occasion - please accept my sincere apologies for this.

We do hope you choose to stay with us again so we can prove we can, and do get it right.

Kind regards,
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Reception and catering staff are all friendly, welcoming and helpful.
My double room in the university wing was large as was the bathroom. Decor was sound and in reasonable condition. Everything, bar the light over the bathroom mirror worked. A double bed needs 2 reading lights. I was alone so it didn't matter to me.
I had 2 dinners both were excellent. Well done the chef.
The hotel needs a cheerful make over, currently it is mind numbingly dull.Decor choice let's down a perfectly good hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank dbcha
Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent review at Best Western Hallmark Hotel Liverpool Feathers. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards
sheffield
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed here for one night on business. Arrived very late in the evening but the lady on reception was really welcoming and helpful. If this hotel has lifts I didn't see them so instead I had to carry my suitcase and work bags first down a flight of stairs and then up two.

The room was pretty dingy and tired. The window was broken so it couldn't be closed. There is no fridge in the room which I found surprising and the previous guest had pre set the alarm. Which went off during the night.

Overall okay but I wouldn't part with my own money to stay here.

2 Thank allaboardSheffield
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review at Best Western Hallmark Hotel Liverpool Feathers.
I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future to reinstall you faith once again at our hotel.
Kind regards
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Wouod just like to say a big thank you to the Best Western feathers Hotel, there were 18 of us all arrived in the morning no rooms were ready but the girl on reception both in the morning at at tea time were very helpful and friendly, ours bags were taken away and safely looked after until our return. The trip on the Ferry (which we can honestly say we will all remember) was very interesting, windy and cold but good value for money. On return to the Hotel all ours rooms had been sorted and our bags were then fetched for us by a nice young gentleman, i agree with others on the site the Twin rooms can be on the small side but very clean homely. just one criticism i sat down at the dressing table to put my make up on and could only see the top of my head in the mirror, obviously needed to be a lot taller to see in it. All the staff were very pleasent would definately recommned the Hotel to others also the city is very lovely is well worth a visit. Our highlight was 2 of our ladies being invited onto the stage at the Cavern Club and singing Ferry Across the Mersey which will stick with us for many years to come.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room when you book it !!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends