“Disgusting room” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mount Pleasant Hotel

Mount Pleasant Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Liverpool
Mount Pleasant Hotel
Ranked #83 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
A TripAdvisor Member
“Disgusting room”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2003

We had a truly horrible experience staying at the Antrim and would like to warn others from using it. I booked a double-room on suite for two nights at the Antrim three weeks in advance of my stay. The day before we (me and my boyfriend) were due to arrive, I rang to confirm my booking and was told that it didn't exist, even though I spelt out my name to them several times. Eventually I was told I could have another room, a family room, instead. On arrival we were given this family room and upon having a look we noticed that it was totally filthy. It was in no way fit to be let out to guests. It was dirty. The carpet was so filthy, we actually had to keep our shoes on at all times as it was in such a state. The television in the room did not work, a tea making set was provided, but without a kettle to boil water in, there was a hole in the bathroom door (which looked as though it had been kicked in), a drawer on the bedside cabinet was hanging out, the bathroom door didnt lock and a handle on a door to the side of the room was hanging off. The fan in the bathroom, which switched on automatically when the light was swithed on, made a schreeching noise, that was very annoying. However, since we had driven most of the day to get to Liverpool and felt we had no option, we decided to give it a go. We are not the kind to complain..A couple of hours after arrival, when we had ventured out for dinner, the Antrim hotel rings on my mobile phone and it turns out that we are double booked. So my first booking did exist after all.. We then asked if we could move into the room we originally booked (hoping it'd be cleaner) but were told that this was not an option as they would have to clean the other room again then. In the middle of the night (around 3-4 am) we were woken up by a drunken group of guests shouting, swearing and banging on a door in the corridor outside our room. They were behaving very aggressively but still the management made no attempt to quieten them down for the sake of other guests trying to sleep. It dawned on us then that this must be a hotel that caters for just those kind of drunken groups, there were even plastic sheets under the normal sheets in our bed. After a night of next to no sleep we woke up to find that there was no hot water in the shower.. That was the icing of the cake and we decided that enough is enough and checked out without even having breakfast, after just one night. The thought of eating in a place that has such filthy rooms made our stomachs turn. At no time during our stay did we receive any reassurance or apologies from the management. When we complained about the noicy fan and later about the shower, the manager just scrunched his shoulders and tried to joke it off by blaming 'rouge traders'. We got a refund for the second night, as we checked out early, but were not given any compensation for our first night. It was not a nice experience and I would strongly advice against booking into this hotel.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

Solo