I stayed at the Ibis with my partner last weekend and it's a decent hotel with helpful staff. Unfortunately, it is badly let down by the fact that it adjoins the 'Formule1' hotel which attracts a certain kind of clientele, many of whom fail to behave properly or show respect to other guests.
Originally I placed a reservation, several weeks in advance, at the 'Formule1' hotel and reaffirmed my reservation by phone and was assured that my room would be en-suite.
However, on my arrival I discovered that this wasn't the case and that all rooms in the 'Formule1' have communal showers and toilets. I was then kindly invited by a staff member to inspect a room there to see if it was to our satisfaction but sadly my mind was made up as soon as I entered the foyer! We were overcome by the eye watering smell of bleach which, no doubt, disguises the smell of other, far less pleasant, substances!
On declining this room we were lucky to find that there was a room at the Ibis which was available and we were offered a transfer at a discounted rate..
The room was basic but fully functioning, immaculately clean with a view over the Mersey. We were on the third floor and had no issues with excessive noise etc during the night.
However, the following morning at breakfast we found ourselves sat amongst large groups of people (both male and female) who were less than respectful to other guests with their indiscreet converations of casual sexual encounters from a few hours before and how they had consumed 'gallons' of alcohol and vomitted in various regions inside and outside the hotel.
This clearly isn't the kind of conversation decent paying guests have to be subjected to, especially when they're eating their breakfast.
With regards to the breakfast, I was impressed with the variety and the cleanliness. All food and drink were checked and replenished regularly by the staff. They seemed remarkably patient and tolerant with a number of 'hungover' guests who were less than polite towards them.
It then came as no surprise that the Police arrived at the reception desk to deal with an incident involving a guest at the 'Formule1'.
My advice to anybody who books at the Ibis should request an upper floor to avoid the rowdy guests next door at Formule1. If you do that then you should have a decent slumber.
However, I have to question if it is wise for there to be a shared reception and restaurant area.
It is clear to identify, as a reasonble person, which guests are staying at the Ibis and those at the Formule1. Ibis customers, who are paying considerably more, for their hotel experience, shouldn't have to be subjected to the loutish and intimidating behaviour of certain individuals staying 'next door'. Formule1 should have their own reception and dining area and if this can't be achieived, make the price 'room only'.
Despite this gripe I wish to express my thanks to the staff for their help and professionalism. In particularly a female receptionist I know only as 'Sammy' who was warm, friendly and accommodating.
I suspect that the staff often have their tolerance and patience tested by some of the unruly crowds who use the Formule1.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One is located 5 km from the airport and a 10 min walk from the city centre. With pubs, theatres, historic buildings, nightspots and the Everton FC and Liverpool FC stadia all within the immediate vicinity, the hotel is ideal for weekends as well as longer business or holiday stays. Offers 192 rooms including 10 for guests with limited mobility, a restaurant, a bar offering snacks 24hrs and secure outdoor parking (chargeable). Business guests will appreciate use of complimentary WiFi Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Lastminute, Odigeo and ACCOR so you can book your ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Liverpool City Centre Hotel Liverpool
- Accor Liverpool City Centre
- Hotel Ibis Liverpool
- Ibis Hotel Liverpool